ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia part 2.

There have been several movies based on the lives and careers of several MLB players including Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ron LeFlore and others. One of the lesser known movies and also in book form was about player who during his entire career was filled with mental disorders mainly beacause he was bipolar. The movie starred Anthony Perkins based on the book " Fear Strikes Out." Who was the MLB player whose life and career that the book and movie based on. OFC

I'll stick with baseball movies. What former White Sox all-star pitcher is the title character of the movie about his career. One that stands out due to his hunting accident that caused his leg to be amputated, but did not stop him from compiling a winning record in the minors afterwards in his comeback effort with a wooden prosthetic leg.

Looking for confirmation. OFC

Sky sorry, my bad for not confirming earlier!!!! Yes obviously, bingo you nailed it with Melchionni boys!!! Good job and thanks!!!

Now back to the question currently out there about the White Sox pitcher, as we return you to your regular programming!! OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Name the presidents that have watched games at or visited Cameron. I know of four but there may have been five.

Nixon, George HW Bush, George W Bush, Obama.

At least 3 of those are right. Not sure about George W.

I know, Bush 1, Obama, Trump (before he became president) attended games in Cameron. Reagan gave a speech at Cameron during his presidency. Nixon having attended Duke and being a sports fan would probably have been in Cameron.

I don’t recall W being in Cameron. Maybe someone can verify that yes or no?

Dukedevilz, close enough. You are up.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Among current ACC schools, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest have the longest drought of not making the second weekend. Name the leading scorer of either team the last time they made the Sweet 16.

BJ Elder?

BJ Elder is correct. The other acceptable answer is Justin Gray.

Last Sweet 16 appearances for ACC teams:
Virginia- 2019
Duke- 2019
UNC- 2019
FSU- 2019
Virginia Tech- 2019
Syracuse- 2018
Clemson- 2018
Notre Dame- 2016
Miami- 2016
Louisville- 2015
NC State- 2015
Pittsburgh- 2009
Boston College- 2006
Wake Forest- 2004
Georgia Tech- 2004

Kind of crazy that 11 of the 15 ACC schools have been in the Sweet 16 since 2015.

Rickey Henderson?

Edit: I would change my answer, but Henderson is the only one I can think of. I think my brain fritzed after I read they were going to re-boot Walker, Texas Ranger sans Chuck Norris.

Last edited:
With Washington DC finally going back to the World Series who was the superstar who led DC to their only World Series championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT