ADVERTISEMENT

What if..

You gotta hang onto guys. You can't keep everyone, but you can't just start over every year. We need to bring some guys back next year. If everyone just sees us as a pit stop to the NBA we will become like Kentucky.
I think it’s hard to distinguish us from Kentucky when it comes to running a OAD-driven program. That’s been true for at least 5 years. In fact, we’ve probably had more guys leave for the NBA that weren’t really ready than Kentucky has during that period.

I agree; just surprised we didn't correct that against NC State. If I were Jon I'd go all Hoosiers and say no dribbling against BC ha. 5 passes before every shot.
I agree - they just keep dribbling, looking for an ISO opportunity, and either end up throwing a wild shot or having it stolen. Even at the travel league level you teach them that passes force the defense to make a much quicker adjustment than some guy dribbling does.

Reactions: christophero
It don’t take but 1 shady move by John to lose all credibility and trust with the people/players/coaches/ around him. And us. He’s got to be 100.% perfect! ! Until he wins a title of course. Then he can bat 95%😂

It don’t take but 1 shady move by John to lose all credibility and trust with the people/players/coaches/ around him. And us. He’s got to be 100.% perfect! ! Until he wins a title of course. Then he can bat 95%😂
Of all the things to worry about the possibility that Jon (note the spelling) Scheyer is likely to make a "shady move" is pretty far down the list.

Frankly, this entire thread strains credulity. IMO

Of all the things to worry about the possibility that Jon (note the spelling) Scheyer is likely to make a "shady move" is pretty far down the list.

You must not be too familiar with the poster you’re responding to. His heart is very small, but still bigger than his brain.

slightly off topic but it’s been mentioned in this thread so I’ll ask…..what’s happened to our rebounding? We started off the first 8-9 games as an elite rebounding team especially on the offensive end. Where did that go? How does it disappear??

slightly off topic but it’s been mentioned in this thread so I’ll ask…..what’s happened to our rebounding? We started off the first 8-9 games as an elite rebounding team especially on the offensive end. Where did that go? How does it disappear??
Teams are getting more physical but your question is correct because it seems we can not hold on to the ball.

It disappears when you got your best rebounder Young riding the pine for long stretches. The Lively Project must go on

Just a small bit of "everyone calm down..." We aren't the only blue blood who has underperformed this year. Preseason #1 UNC is out of the top 25. Kentucky was preseason #4 and is out of the top 25. Baylor was preseason #5 and is out of the top 25. Indiana and Villanova were both preseason top 20 teams and both are out of the top 25.

There's a lot of season left and some of the ACC teams are performing better than expected so we'll have opportunities to get some signature wins. Have a little faith. Kenpom has 7 ACC teams in his top 68. We beat a handful of those teams and we'll be in good shape heading into the tourney. If Whitehead keeps improving and *either* Roach or Proctor takes some big steps forward we could easily be a sweet 16 team.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
We’re a projected 4 seed everywhere which seems about right. Need….
-Roach to get healthy. If he is out say a month, it could get ugly.
-The offense to run through Whitehead. When Young is in too, run 2 man with him and Whitehead.
-Proctor to shoot confidently, it will start going in.
-Flip to get his powers back, stop standing out on the perimeter so freaking much.
-Jon to show a little fire.

A 4 seed sounds very generous at this point. If we win vs. Pitt and Clemson I'd put us as a 4 seed. We are 24th in the latest AP poll.

We’re a projected 4 seed everywhere which seems about right. Need….
-Roach to get healthy. If he is out say a month, it could get ugly.
-The offense to run through Whitehead. When Young is in too, run 2 man with him and Whitehead.
-Proctor to shoot confidently, it will start going in.
-Flip to get his powers back, stop standing out on the perimeter so freaking much.
-Jon to show a little fire.
I agree with your post, with exception of running offense through Whitehead. I agree he may be our best option, but he's not elite level. Our offense needs better ball movement.
Our guys will all shoot a little better if it is better. Plus, better ball movement will open up some driving lanes.

This week will be telling> Pitt and then at Clemson. Sweep them and this team could make some noise. Split and we're okay. My guess is we split.

Reactions: Mac9192
Can’t run the offense through Whitehead yet. Did you not see his Dunk ? He’s still iffy about attacking the basket and he won’t stay open for long on the arch .
I would of had Duke at 25 . Next loss they are out which is a wake up call for everyone on the team .

Reactions: Mac9192
I wouldn't run completely through Whitehead, but he would definitely be the guy I'm running the most plays for. I want him coming off more off-ball screens with the option to catch and shoot or drive. He's our best shot at being a high level team, but I do think we need to continue to have balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke

Noted. I sincerely apologize, “pretty far down”, from the bottom of, my taint. Sincerely, *Jon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT