ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia part 2.

Only one Duke running back has rushed for 1,000 yds. in consectative seasons. Who was it? OFC

Steve Jones

OFC

Steve Jones had one but it is the Duke record of 1236. Duke has only had 5 1000 yard rushers in one season according to the records I looked at. Chris Douglas as mentioned had another. That leaves 3 with the one guy having two which were the bottom two of the 1,000 yd club and both barely made 1000. The 3rd 1000 yard rusher has been guessed on a previous question on the previous page with his name spelled in CAPITAL letters. That leaves on guy with two 1,000 yd seaons. Do I have to spell it out for your guys? R :D OFC

Last edited:
Steve Jones had one but it is the Duke record of 1236. Duke has only had 5 1000 yard rushers in one season according to the records I looked at. Chris Douglas as mentioned had another. That leaves 3 with the one guy having two which were the bottom two and done in consectative years and both barely made 1000. The 3rd 1000 yard rusher has been guessed on a previous question on the previous page with his name spelled in CAPITAL letters. That leaves on guy with two 1,000 yd seaons. Do I have to spell it out for your guys?:D OFC

Ace Parker

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Ace Parker

OFC

Not Ace. He never got a 1,000. The guy I'm speaking of played in the late 1980's and early 90's. One correction. He did not have consecative 1,000 yd. years . A OFC

Last edited:
Probably one of the Boone’s. I can’t remember their first names. Maybe Greg or Randy?

I'm gonna be gone for while. If any one of you gets his name and it can be confirmed go ahead with the next question. D OFC

I'm gonna be gone for while. If any one of you gets his name and it can be confirmed go ahead with the next question. D OFC
First game is less than a month away. I assume you’re going to be busy getting the money bags ready for the refs. Remember, small and untraceable bills. We don’t need another blocking foul fiasco like we had with Wendell Carter Jr. and KU.

Reactions: skysdad
First game is less than a month away. I assume you’re going to be busy getting the money bags ready for the refs. Remember, small and untraceable bills. We don’t need another blocking foul fiasco like we had with Wendell Carter Jr. and KU.
Fear, Sky did everything you mentioned. His mistake was giving the $ bags to Hart and Dirt. They blew the $$ on some girls named Destiny and Bubbles at the Boom Boom Lounge.
I still haven’t gotten over that one. They also didn’t invite me.

Fear, Sky did everything you mentioned. His mistake was giving the $ bags to Hart and Dirt. They blew the $$ on some girls named Destiny and Bubbles at the Boom Boom Lounge.
I still haven’t gotten over that one. They also didn’t invite me.

Mac you're too young....these gals were hard to handle even for me and Dirt! OFC

Ok who did Former Duke Fb Coach Carl Franks name as his 1st offensive coordinator? (This guy should have been named HEAD COACH IMHO)....

OFC

Which two Heishman Trophy winners played in Wallace Wade Stadium? OFC

Tony Dorsett, duke played Pitt tough, was in it late losing 44-31 I think it was.

Charlie Ward?

Dorsett is correct but Ward was not who I was looking for. He very well may have played in Wallace Wade. If that's at least three and could be more. I had forgotten all about FSU, Miami and even VT ( did Vick win it?) Something tells me I may have blown this one. Let's do this . If there are several Heisman winners have played in Wallace Wade the poster who has the most is up. Sorry guys. OFC

Dorsett is correct but Ward was not who I was looking for. He very well may have played in Wallace Wade. If that's at least three and could be more. I had forgotten all about FSU, Miami and even VT ( did Vick win it?) Something tells me I may have blown this one. Let's do this . If there are several Heisman winners have played in Wallace Wade the poster who has the most is up. Sorry guys. OFC

Ward won it and played in Wallace Wade. As far as concerned you are up. I did some research and don know there are at least 3 maybe more. The other guy won in 1980 and I was present to see both play. I remember that Duke put Jeff Green on Dorsett and he slowed him down alot.
OFC

Who was the Pitt QB that day in Wallace Wade?

Duke could have won that game BTW if Mike Dunn didn’t get injured early. They were coming off a win in the opener at Tennessee.

Duke fell too far behind though before Dunn returned to rally the troops,

Who was the Pitt QB that day in Wallace Wade?

Duke could have won that game BTW if Mike Dunn didn’t get injured early. They were coming off a win in the opener at Tennessee.

Duke fell too far behind though before Dunn returned to rally the troops,

Matt Kavanaugh, and he put on a show!

OFC

As I recollect Dorsett got his 100 yds but he earned it. He was hit hard and often.

Cavenaugh threw about 5 tds. Seems like he threw one while in the clutches of a Duke tackler.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT