ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

My memory is not as good as it used to be. I said Mahomes because it seemed obvious, but I knew that it was almost certainly the wrong answer. I finally remembered hearing fifty times during Super Bowl Week that Ben Roethlisberger is the youngest winner. Even though he looked 33 when he was 21

Final Answer: Ben Roethlisberger

My memory is not as good as it used to be. I said Mahomes because it seemed obvious, but I knew that it was almost certainly the wrong answer. I finally remembered hearing fifty times during Super Bowl Week that Ben Roethlisberger is the youngest winner. Even though he looked 33 when he was 21

Final Answer: Ben Roethlisberger
Big Ben is correct. You're up. I think he was 23 though.

By the way dtodd, you are correct. Roethlisberger was 23. I was just trying to say that he never looked particularly young. Mahomes was 24 when he won this year. Looked much younger than Roethlisberger. I just googled. It looks like Brady is the second youngest with Super Bowl 36 in 2001. So it looks like Brady was 23 and more months than Big Ben

dtodd4475 is correct. Podoloff was Commissioner of the NBA. Probably the first Commissioner, 1949-1963. The NBA MVP Trophy is named for him. dtodd is up!

I should play the lottery today. I went to 3 Cubs games at Wrigley in 1979, and Kingman hit HRs in all three. I'll have a question in a few minutes

Thanks , skysdad. I'll refine my questions. I'm pretty new to this. I asked some questions last week that proved to be too hard. If nobody gets all four by midnight, I will give the answer and ask a question with a single response

Reactions: skysdad
Correct! A repeat of Jesse Owens in 1936 at Berlin. Carl Lewis won 9 Gold and 1 Silver Medal in his career: 1984, 1988 and 1992

Thanks , skysdad. I'll refine my questions. I'm pretty new to this. I asked some questions last week that proved to be too hard. If nobody gets all four by midnight, I will give the answer and ask a question with a single response

No big deal. You are a great player. Glad you are here. OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Center field at the Polo Grounds was over 480 feet. Only 4 players homered to center during games there in it's history.

Luke Easter (Negro League game),Joe Adcock, and Hank Aaron (MLB games) are 3 who accomplished this feat.

What Hall of Famer is the 4th player to have also cleared center field at the Polo Grounds ?

I'm glad that I'm wrong. Kingman was a complete correct guess earlier today. Ott hit 511 home runs for the Giants between 1926-1947 so he seemed a good guess

I read tonight that Kingman s HR was severely wind aided in the famous 23-22 game in May 1979 against the Phillies. Kingman only played 3 seasons for the Cubs.

I'm glad that I'm wrong. Kingman was a complete correct guess earlier today. Ott hit 511 home runs for the Giants between 1926-1947 so he seemed a good guess
I meant the correct answer did not play for the Giants, and was not known for his power. Poorly worded hint on my part.

I meant the correct answer did not play for the Giants, and was not known for his power. Poorly worded hint on my part.

I've been looking at this question wrong from the get go thinking he had to be a Giant and McCovey was gonna be my next guess. Didn't even give a player from another team a second thought so it had to be someone who played before the Giants moved to S.F. That's making it tough. The only name I can come up with is Ernie Banks. OFC

No. I understood what you meant. It was a good clue. I'm the worst for writing in short message board bursts. I was just explaining my reasoning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT