ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Ok....so that would lead me to assume he's still playing if he's big name player, because you didn't say was.

I have three names in mind, but I'm just going to guess one at a time (and I'm probably wrong on all three)....Jose Altuve?

Atulve makes perfect sense. OFC

Ok....so the other two I had in mind both hit three homers in a World Series game, but I'm not sure if they had five hits total. One of them, Pablo Sandoval (sp) isn't what I would call a big-name player. So my guess would be Albert Pujols. If it's not him, then I have no idea.

Reactions: GillJET
Ok....so the other two I had in mind both hit three homers in a World Series game, but I'm not sure if they had five hits total. One of them, Pablo Sandoval (sp) isn't what I would call a big-name player. So my guess would be Albert Pujols. If it's not him, then I have no idea.
It’s Pujols and it was in that game he hit 3 homers. Great job

It’s Pujols and it was in that game he hit 3 homers. Great job

Wow....a blind squirrel, I guess.

Saw this factoid last night on ESPN and I think it makes a good and timely trivia question.

Al Kaline never won an AL MVP in his career, but he did finish second twice in 1955 and 1963. Both times he was beaten out by a Yankees player for the award. Name one of the two Yankees who upstaged him. (They are not the same person.)

Wow....a blind squirrel, I guess.

Saw this factoid last night on ESPN and I think it makes a good and timely trivia question.

Al Kaline never won an AL MVP in his career, but he did finish second twice in 1955 and 1963. Both times he was beaten out by a Yankees player for the award. Name one of the two Yankees who upstaged him. (They are not the same person.)

Ok I will give it a shot.Mickey Mantle and Elston Howard. OFC

You got one, which is all I was asking for. Yogi Berra won it in 1955 and Elston Howard in ‘63. No Mantle, though.

You’re up, skysdad!

I knew Howard for sure but couldn't make up my mind between Yogi and Mickey. OFC

Johnny Unitas played his college football at the U.L. He never made All-American and as far as I know never made all conference. He was however drafted in the 9th round of the NFL draft in 1955 but never played a down even in practice by the team that him. He signed eiththe
Colts after he was cut and you know the rest of the story, One of the qbs that beat him out was later the Colts coach. Which team drafted Unitas in 1955. Bonus question just for fun who was the qb that beat out Unitas for a place on the roster that later became the Colts head coach? OFC

That’s right, Cameron had just a few more than Bubas.

you’re up

Everybody remembers Duhon's dramatic shot at UNC w/seconds remaining. Meanwhile he had about 10 ft teardrop to defeat another ACC opponent on road if memory serves at buzzer. Can you name opponent? OFC

Everybody remembers Duhon's dramatic shot at UNC w/seconds remaining. Meanwhile he had about 10 ft teardrop to defeat another ACC opponent on road if memory serves at buzzer. Can you name opponent? OFC

Wake Forrest

Let's stick with Duke buzzer beaters: in 2007 Duke got one from a very unlikely source in a home conference game. What was the name of the career back-up who hit the shot, and who was the opponent?

Switching to MLB. Alex Rodriquez was known as A-Rod but there was another player who could have been called A-Rod who also played 3rd base. Who was this player. He also played for the Yankees. OFC

Back to buzzer beaters. Bryce Drew made one of the most famous buzzer beaters in the NCAA tournament. What team did he send home with his game winning shot ?

Back to buzzer beaters. Bryce Drew made one of the most famous buzzer beaters in the NCAA tournament. What team did he send home with his game winning shot ?

Ole Miss. My brother-in-law was a football player at Ole Miss at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT