ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Dtodd, you attributed a lot of info to me that I don't deserve.

Duke staggered to a 15-13 record in the final season of Vic Bubas career. However the Devils upset no 2 ranked UNC 87-81 in the regular season finale at what was then called Duke Indoor Stadium. What unlikely senior led Duke that day with 33 points?

OFC

I remember talking about him here on DI and for the life of me I can't remember his name. OFC

hart did acc hoops get it. I believe Vandenberg is correct. Go ahead hoops. OFC

Who was the first NBA player to shatter a backboard?

Acchoops is up because he got Vandenberg. I don't know where hart or hoops are but I hope all is well with both.Let's give him until 10:00 pm tonight to ask the next question. If not you go ahead with yours. We need to have somewhat a way of order or it will really get confusing. In past years we have had at least 3 questions from different posters going on at one time. Go read the 1st post on this thread to see how this thread works. Your question is a really good one and I can't wait to answer it correctly. ;) OFC

Hoops was correct! Sorry to get back late guys.....Steve Vandenberg. OFC

What famous track and field athlete was taken in the 1984 NBA Draft by the Chicago Bulls despite never playing competitive basketball beyond middle school?

I'll go back to Wooden Award winners. Of all the winners, which recipient scored the most points in his award winning season.

Great question and I know this is not the correct answer. Pete Maravich won the college player of year twice and led the nation in scoring. Wooden Award was around then. Aren't women eligible. OFC

Last edited:
Yes, he was before the Wooden Award, so not Pistol Pete. The award began to be given out in 1977.

There is a separate women's Wooden Award, good catch. This question is for the men's award, I am not sure if a female winner has scored more.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
I'm thinking it goes back before JJ. Just can't remember all the winners.OFC

He is a fairly recent guy , and played after JJ. Still kinda well known even though his post college success has not been in the NBA.

Jimmer Ferdette is correct. You are up.

The only 1 really close was Glen "Big Dog " Robinson who actually averaged more. (30.3 for 1030 total points). Jimmer averaged ( 28.9 but for 1068 points). Bird averaged as much (28.6, but played less so only 973 points).

Reactions: GillJET
If Hart isn't right, can you give us a hint or two? I'm just wondering if it's more recent or goes back a ways like Molitor?

More recent than Molitor and he is a big name player.

Ok....so that would lead me to assume he's still playing if he's big name player, because you didn't say was.

I have three names in mind, but I'm just going to guess one at a time (and I'm probably wrong on all three)....Jose Altuve?

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT