ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

How about Justin’s dad, the Admiral David Robinson
He was my first guess, but only 12th on the list.

The answer had 505 rebounds ( 14.9 per game). 2nd had 504 ( 14.4 per), 3rd 457 ( 14.7 per), 4th 415 (14.2 per).

Nobody else over 400, although 2 were tied at 399.

He is the only 2 time winner. 8th & 11th place on the list respectively. Ralph Sampson that is, sorry I didn't quote the guess.

Let’s stick with Larry Bird. Over the years, his hometown has come up a lot in documentaries, and even on the hit show Cheers and in the movie Blue Chips. What town in Indiana is Bird originally from?

It is rumored that Wilt Chamberlain had 5 career quadruple doubles in the NBA, but none were official. Who holds the record for most official NBA quadruple doubles?

Name the Duke players who made the FF all tourney team during Ks first Title.

If you get the correct answer from several posters how are you going to determine who's gonna ask the next question. I think one is Laettner. OFC

Laettner was MOP, so definitely him. I'd think Hurley also. If there was a third, I'd go McCaffrey over T. Hill because of his 16 points in the Championship game. Thomas couldn't buy a bucket that game.

What was Mickey Mantle's 1st number when he came up with the Yankees? OFC

Notre Dame famously snapped UCLA's 88 game winning streak. What team held the longest win streak prior to UCLA at 60.

Bonus points, if you know the team that snapped it at 60.

Why were they playing Illinois? Oh well.

In the early 1970's, a Duke basketball coach employed an offense that was a copy of the Dean Smith 4 corners and featured a certain left handed point guard. What was the offense called, and who was the guard? Hint: he used it to score 39 points against Maryland one year.

Why were they playing Illinois? Oh well.

Illinois was one of the top teams #7 in the nation at the time. Early season non conference game. Illinois beat the snot out of them 63-33.

Russell and KC Jones had graduated, but San Fran returned 3 starters 1 a returning All American, and were 5-0 on the young season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT