ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia part 2.

I will always remember the '89 Michigan mens hoops team more for the coach that was fired Bill Friedor (got them to dance), rather than the coach who ultimately led the Wolverines to the title (Steve Fisher).

Who fired Friedor, and why did he fire him? OFC

I know for sure it was Bo Schembechler who fired him. I honestly can't remember the reason. Was it some kind of improper benefit for players?

I know the answer. I looked it up. If there is any reason to get fired that's one of them. Bo fired him on the spot and should have. It all came back to me when I read it. OFC

I know the answer. I looked it up. If there is any reason to get fired that's one of them. Bo fired him on the spot and should have. It all came back to me when I read it. OFC

I'm guessing I'll remember when someone gets the answer. But right now I'm drawing a blank.

Going to give it to dukie jay as it was Shembechler, and that was 30 years ago- good job sir. Btw, the reason: Friedor had accepted the coaching position at Arizona State....DJ you are up!

OFC

Going to give it to dukie jay as it was Shembechler, and that was 30 years ago- good job sir. Btw, the reason: Friedor had accepted the coaching position at Arizona State....DJ you are up!

OFC

And he announced before UM's season was over. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Not a fan of it, personally. But don't football coaches do this all the time? Scott Frost, for example, was leading UCF in the Peach Bowl after he already accepted the Nebraska position.

OFC

Ahhh, yes....I remember it now. And Fisher led them to the national championship in the postseason. I knew it was something weird after sky's post, but it had slipped my mind.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm going to stick with Bo Schembechler somewhat. He coached Michigan's football team from 1969 to 1989....who succeeded him as head coach of the Wolverines?

I'm going to stick with Bo Schembechler somewhat. He coached Michigan's football team from 1969 to 1989....who succeeded him as head coach of the Wolverines?

This is a tough and good one! I would say Lloyd Carr, but the IMMEDIATE SUCCESOR (cant recall his name) got into an altercation at a nightclub and was let go prior to Carr. I am thinking this individual (again cant recall name) was named successor originally.

OFC

This is a tough and good one! I would say Lloyd Carr, but the IMMEDIATE SUCCESOR (cant recall his name) got into an altercation at a nightclub and was let go prior to Carr. I am thinking this individual (again cant recall name) was named successor originally.

OFC

THANKS! Didnt see the Moeller post! He was the one! OFC

The curiosity was killing me and I looked it up. Very good question. I would have been guessing for a while. I think an OFC will eventually get it.
I would’ve never guessed it either. I think me or my dad might have his baseball card though lol

18 players in MLB history have hit 4 HRs in a game. Can you name at least 2 of them?

I was six years old when Yaz retired....so everything I know about him is old footage and biographies. Does anyone remember the old Topps baseball sticker books? The first one I ever got, or remember getting, was from the 1983 season and I remember Yaz being the book. I can remember stupid stuff like that, but I'll forget to stop and get milk on my way home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT