ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia part 2.

So this is going to be really odd that these are the two I know did it (I think I could actually list five or six), but Mark Whiten and Carlos Delgado are two.

Nice! Well done! Maybe I should have asked for 3?

Mark Whitten is actually the first player I remember accomplishing the feat... started watching in the early 90's and it seemed like a really big deal at the time.

Here's the complete list of players that have hit 4 HRs in a game:

AL:
Lou Gehrig
Pat Seerey
Rocky Colavito
Mike Cameron
Carlos Delgado
Josh Hamilton

NL:
Bobby Lowe
Ed Delahanty
Chuck Klein
Gil Hodges
Joe Adcock
Wilie Mays
Mike Schmidt
Bob Horner
Mark Whitten
Shawn Green
Scooter Gennett
JD Martinez

There are five MLB pitchers who walked more than 1,750 batters in their careers, and surprisingly, all five are in the Hall of Fame. Name three of them.

Nolan Ryan is one of them. He walked an astonishing 2,795 batters in his career. The player in second place walked 1,833.

None of Seaver, Palmer, Spahn or R. Johnson are in the top five.

I went ahead and looked it. No way I would have gotten it. Either there has to be a lot of hints or this one is gonna be an uncle. OFC

I went ahead and looked it. No way I would have gotten it. Either there has to be a lot of hints or this one is gonna be an uncle. OFC

It's not easy, but I'm going to hold the phone for a bit before I give another hint. Being that they're all Hall of Famers, I felt that was a pretty decent hint off the bat. I'll let a few more reply.

Okay one more guess for now... I had Nolan Ryan in my original guess.

I'll throw in Phil Niekro and Steve Carlton.

Who COACHED Indiana State (Larry Bird and co) to the '79 NCAA TITLE GAME? OFC

Who COACHED Indiana State (Larry Bird and co) to the '79 NCAA TITLE GAME? OFC

Bill Hodges

I know that because I live near Roanoke, VA, and he lived there for a stretch as well and coached high school basketball at a private school there until three or four years ago. I played against that school when I was in high school (long before Hodges was there).

Bill Hodges

I know that because I live near Roanoke, VA, and he lived there for a stretch as well and coached high school basketball at a private school there until three or four years ago. I played against that school when I was in high school (long before Hodges was there).

Huffy great job! You are up sir as I pass the baton! OFC

Reactions: HuffyJB
Costas made a comment that if Puckett was hitting .350 when his son was born, he would name him after Kirby. The son was born and named, but not Kirby. Puckett reminded him of this and the name was legally changed. The child has two middle names....one of which is Kirby.

Costas made a comment that if Puckett was hitting .350 when his son was born, he would name him after Kirby. The son was born and named, but not Kirby. Puckett reminded him of this and the name was legally changed. The child has two middle names....one of which is Kirby.

Exactly! Kirby was a really good man... You are up sir! OFC

What legendary manager once explained: "You have to have a catcher. If you don't the pitch will roll all the way back to the screen"?

I'm guessing this will be another for the OFC to get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT