ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia part 2.

Just a guess based on this being for the OFCers and he’s the oldest manager I can think of: Sparky Anderson

Reactions: hart2chesson
In 30 years our kids and/or grandkids will post a question in a DI sports trivia thread asking who was disqualified after winning the Kentucky Derby for the first time in the race’s history.

In 30 years our kids and/or grandkids will post a question in a DI sports trivia thread asking who was disqualified after winning the Kentucky Derby for the first time in the race’s history.
The horse that won the Kentucky Derby today was disqualified? I watched the race but turned to another channel as soon as the race was over

The horse that won the Kentucky Derby today was disqualified? I watched the race but turned to another channel as soon as the race was over
Yes. Maximum Security was disqualified. I’m still not sure why. Something about blocking another horse.

Yes. Maximum Security was disqualified. I’m still not sure why. Something about blocking another horse.
Yeah I read an article that said that several jockeys filed complaints after the race about Maximum Security’s jockey interfering with them during the race. The article I read also said that was the first time in the history of the Kentucky Derby that a winner has been disqualified.

Ok who's holding up the traffic? You mean it's still CD? Is he in another time zone or what? Giving CD until 10 pm EST Where are you our northern Dukie. Get ready dj. OFC

Last edited:
CD or dj who ever is 1st ask the next question. OFC

Who holds the Olympic Record for the Men's 800 meters? He also broke the world record in the same race.

Caster Semenya......oh wait,is she a woman or a man? there seems to be much debate about that!

Semenya is very, very muscular for a woman. I also want to say she has a deep voice, too. I'm thinking she's just very hyper-androgynous. I think she's been subjected to a fair amount of tests. I feel bad for her in that end... but she's built quite a bit differently than other female 800 meter runners.

7770228-3x2-700x467.jpg

The female world record holder was also noticeably muscular. She kind of has an impossible record to beat, though, at 1:53. Her name is Jarmila Kratochvilova, and she is Czech.

D5edQ_cX4AI8IqX.jpg

Apparently Semenya has higher Testosterone levels than other women,which results in her physical appearance and ability,they want her to take testosterone reducing drugs to level the playing field for the other women

I'm not really sure how much general sports fan follow track, to be honest. I ran track/cross country in college, so this seems fairly elementary to me. But I'm guessing most people only watch the sport every 4 years, and the names probably don't resonate very long in the memories of most spectators (other than unicorns like Usain Bolt).

I don't want you all to wait on that question forever. So let's say that question is still on the table... but let's add one more to the mix: Who holds the American record in the mile? Whoever correctly answers either question first, can win this round.

Steve Prefontaine

OFC

Good guess. Pre at one point held 7 different American records. And he was a good miler, sub 4-minutes, but he never had the record in the mile.

Don't know if this helps anyone, but the record holder in the mile went to the same high school as Grant Hill.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Good guess. Pre at one point held 7 different American records. And he was a good miler, sub 4-minutes, but he never had the record in the mile.

Don't know if this helps anyone, but the record holder in the mile went to the same high school as Grant Hill.

The great Jim Ryun??? OFC

Reactions: dukedevilz
Another stab here dd- is the record-holder's first name Bill? OFC

You might be thinking of Bill Rodgers, perhaps? He was on the of the great marathon runners in US History. But don't think he ever did the mile any major meets.

Alan Webb. By the way my son’s grandfather once beat Jim Ryun in ACC meet.

Correct! Alan Webb ran 3:46 back in 2007. You're up!

Btw, your son's grandfather (your dad?) Did you mean a friend's grandfather, by chance? You going to let us know who that was, by the way?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT