ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia part 2.

I will return the beer now, you are correct sir !!!!
Finally lol I’m a sports nut but baseball is my weakest link. Back to hoops we go...

JJ’s senior year he averaged 9.2 3pt attempts per game. Since that year (2007-current) the next closest average is 7.4 — Who?

Hint: Redick was shooting 42% behind the arc, the person who averaged the next closest was shooting 9% worse. :confused:

33% sounds about right for Reddish. Seems like 80% of his shots were 3s, so I'll say Cam Reddish.

I'm thinking the question was intended for Duke players, only? Would be kind of surprising to see Trae Young and Jimmer only averaging 7+ 3-point attempts a game.

I should have specified that I was specifically talking about Duke players, that’s my fault. I’ll detail things better next time. I’ll hand the keys over to @dukedevilz because Cam Reddish is the correct answer.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I'm a little confused. Is it the 14th seed or the 15th. I'm going to say Lehigh. OFC

Who's the only school to win an NCAA Tournament game as a 14 and 15 seed?

Richmond. One of their wins was against Syracuse in the early 90s as a 15-seed. Later in the decade they won as a 14-seed, but I can't remember who they beat. Maybe South Carolina or Goergia? I feel like it was an SEC team.

Richmond. One of their wins was against Syracuse in the early 90s as a 15-seed. Later in the decade they won as a 14-seed, but I can't remember who they beat. Maybe South Carolina or Goergia? I feel like it was an SEC team.
I remember watching the Syracuse game,i think it was the first time a 15 beat a 2 if I remember correctly

Goergia? Is that georgias ugly sister?

Reactions: dukiejay

You got it! And FWIW, Richmond has also won as a 13 seed and a 12 seed.

1991, 15th seeded Richmond over 2nd seeded Syracuse
1998, 14th seeded Richmond over 3rd seeded South Carolina
1988, 13th seeded Richmond over 4th seeded Indiana
2011, 12th seeded Richmond over 5th seeded Vanderbilt

Obviously UCLA leads the way with 9 or so... 1967-75?

We had 5 consecutive Final Fours from 1988-92

No one else comes to mind as far as matching five. Maybe Cincinnati in the late 50's/early 60's?

Florida got us both in 2000.

Correct. Sweet 16 and Final Four in 2000. You're up!

Seriously sucked for the team in 2000. We really only played 6 guys that year. Against Florida, Boozer was hampered with fouls. Believe it or not, Matt Christensen played more in the second half than Boozer (Boozer played less than 5 minutes). Also, I think Dunleavy was still dealing with mono at the time. He scored 9 points in the 3 NCAA Tournament games. At full strength, we were good enough to win it all.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Correct. Sweet 16 and Final Four in 2000. You're up!

Seriously sucked for the team in 2000. We really only played 6 guys that year. Against Florida, Boozer was hampered with fouls. Believe it or not, Matt Christensen played more in the second half than Boozer (Boozer played less than 5 minutes). Also, I think Dunleavy was still dealing with mono at the time. He scored 9 points in the 3 NCAA Tournament games. At full strength, we were good enough to win it all.

My main man BP is up! OFC

I knew it was at least 9. Looks like it's actually 10. Seven straight titles from 1967-73, but they were also in the Final Four in 1974 (lost to NCSU), won the title in 75, and lost to Indiana in the 76 FF.
You’re right it was 9 straight Final Fours. The link that I looked at was wrong because it didn’t list 1974

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT