ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet Peeves

People that block the aisles in grocery stores having conversations or like what happened to me yesterday. The store I went to had bacon on sale buy 2 get 3 free which is a good deal. There were a couple of people in front of me and some behind me waiting to get to where this brand of bacon was. Now there was plenty of bacon but the couple at the bacon picked up every pack of bacon that was there looking at each one making everyone wait. The woman knew we were waiting our shot at the deal because she kept looking at us. Didn't bother her one bit. I did get my bacon though. :D OFC
Sky just be honest and tell the truth! Did you sort through that bacon?:p

Reactions: skysdad
Got this one from spike who is a face book friend also. While trying to watch a movie at the theater people texting, talking on cell phones and taking selfies. If you do this please stop. It's annoying and rude and no Duke fan should stoop down so low to do this. Only a tar heel fan would be so entitled to be so arrogant and thoughtless. OFC

I hate it when they grab just your fingers, which basically means they make a dead fish out of you.

I regrab and crush in this incident.I am so proud that you listed this, it aggravates the holy hell out of me.

When you're talking to someone on the phone and they spend most of the conversation talking to someone else in the background that's with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: harttochesson
I don't pier fish at the beach much anymore but a peeve was always why another fisherman wanted to get close enough to tangle our lines.

That's because they think you know where the fish are. ;) OFC

I don't pier fish at the beach much anymore but a peeve was always why another fisherman wanted to get close enough to tangle our lines.
My uncle used to tell me stories about how his dad would carry an extra fishing rod with him when he'd go pier fishing and when a lot of people would start fishing around him he'd take his extra fishing rod and cast sideways across everyone else's lines then reel his line in to tangle up all the other people's lines so that he could have that section of the pier all to himself again lol

Reactions: gottagonow
My uncle used to tell me stories about how his dad would carry an extra fishing rod with him when he'd go pier fishing and when a lot of people would start fishing around him he'd take his extra fishing rod and cast sideways across everyone else's lines then reel his line in to tangle up all the other people's lines so that he could have that section of the pier all to himself again lol
I've seen a couple of fisherman do that to teach others a lesson but it only worked a few minutes. I've also seen whole rows of fishermen so tangled up they needed to call 911.

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of fisherman do that to teach others a lesson but it only worked a few minutes. I've also seen whole rows of fishermen so tangled up they needed to call 911.
Yeah when my uncle's dad would do it, he'd have a good half hour to an hour to fish before the other fisherman would get their lines untangled because he'd make sure that they were good and tangled when he reeled his line back across them lol

Reactions: gottagonow
I have a pet peeve with manufactures of mens clothing in that they are making the sizes smaller by the year. The only items of clothing that are the same are socks, ear muffs, hats, gloves and shoes.

When people post something on social media then comment on their post once or even multiple times before anyone else has commented on their post or when someone comments on a post on social media with several comments in a row instead of making one single comment

Sky you are just too dang old and all of you old folks get up at the crack of dawn and you need to get to bed early.

T
Sky you are just too dang old and all of you old folks get up at the crack of dawn and you need to get to bed early.[/QUOTE

That's exactly right but this old fart doesn't get up at the crack of dawn. OFC

Sky I don't either, it was 10:45 this morning. I have always had a problem going nite nite. I have always been a night owl.

unc fans that don't understand why everyone's not an unc fan. Seriously they are out here. OFC

I just returned back to North Carolina from Miami Florida and drove it straight through in about 15 hours. This pet peeve has probably been discussed but why do some drivers insist on driving 60 in a 70 mph zone. It's nearly impossible to set the cruise control and go over a mile of two before you have to hit the break because of slow drivers.

When Duke fans keep on using capital letters in reference to unc, tar heels, carolina, hof coach roy williams , kennedy meeks, big luke maye, etc. , etc., ect. Just kidding my friends. It's just me. I just love using lower case for the lower cheating class. OFC

Here's one -- people who throw away a half drunk bottle of water. PLEASE drain first and throw away an empty bottle.

People who drive around with their dog sitting in their lap. Come on people think a little. OFC

Politics on a basketball message board. I know we discuss a lot of random, sometimes off the wall topics but nothing good comes from that area

I hate people that commit academic fraud for over 20 years and then pay lawyers to delay the impending doom just to buy enough time to win a title.

Also, people who go in backwards to park. They go past the spot, then have to creep into the spot. All the while I am sitting there waiting for them to be annoying so I can park my car in 3 seconds

People who drive around with their dog sitting in their lap. Come on people think a little. OFC

I just saw this a couple of days ago. The driver was doing everything he could to make a left hand turn and the dog as all over the place. The dog might as well have been driving the car. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT