ADVERTISEMENT

Okay let’s talk the UK vs Duke game

If the game is as good as the hype both squads have, it will be one heckuva battle. Two of the best coaches, tons of talent on display. Final four feel in November. Hope our two frosh are healthy.

I would love to see what the ratings will be.

I 100% Guarantee , we look WAY different with and without Tre running the offense.

Have to agree 100%. Hell, if we don't, that would be a major disappointment. If we aren't better with Tre and Cam on the court, then they were highly over-ranked. And I doubt that's the case.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Kentucky is older than us and their age has more talent than our age. Plus they shoot the three better. They’ll beat us since it’s game 1. If we play them in March, we’ll beat them for game 2.

Kentucky is older than us and their age has more talent than our age. Plus they shoot the three better. They’ll beat us since it’s game 1. If we play them in March, we’ll beat them for game 2.

Kentucky is older than us. If Cam and Tre are healthy I think we win. Zion is a freak and so is RJ. Both better than advertised. If Cam is on the same level, we be almost impossible to stop especially with Tre Jones running point.

The only thing that concerns me is the bench. This team is about seven to eight deep and then there is a drop off.

Last edited:
Kentucky is older than us. If Cam and Tre are healthy I think we win. Zion is a freak and so is RJ. Both better than advertised. If Cam is on the same level, we be almost impossible to stop especially with Tre Jones running point.

The only thing that concerns me is the bench. This team is about seven to eight deep and then there is a drop off.

Hopefully. As talented as we are, those guys being out and not even practicing for this trip is only going to keep the timing off. Believe me, I still hope we beat the Kitties, they will be good though.

Injuries are killing us .....and me ....this is not football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... Enough!!!!!!!:)

Reactions: Dukeman
I swear if one of our guys suffers a serious injury I’ll go off the deep end! I will literally die! I feel like I’m watching a football game, and praying everybody just makes it to the next game or something ... Makes for a stressful watch. Every time a player grimishes, or goes to the floor, you could buy me for a dollar ....

I would say Duke has the more talented starting 5, but ky is deeper with more overall talent, which could be a huge factor is there are players in foul trouble. Starting 5 though, I think we are better at at least 4 of the 5 positions

Back for a visit, been a while. Talent...hard to rate 3 top 5 FR vs 3 top 25 FR with 40 games experience (now Soph) UK Sophs have looked much improved. (didn't see Duke's game).... Based on what I see and what Duke fans have said, I believe UK is stronger 5 thru 9. with 3 or 4 of starting positions going in Duke's favor.........K's in game coaching ++++
Cal getting FR ready early +++++++++++

I come in peace not a normal Kent homer, duke has 3 players better then anyone else, should be a war. In my opinion the game is a toss up, duke has a higher ceiling with their team then us.

This “I come in peace” troll is actually cracking me up. Not saying you’re a troll by the way @mrbud.

First, BIG ASSUMPTION: Everyone, both teams 100% healthy because obviously close to time my opinion may be colored by an injury or two.

So assuming that, I think DUKE and it has nothing to do with whom may be better at the end of the year.

K is better on adjustments than Cal and you are not even seeing two of our starters playing in Canada to have a feel for how our team will play as a unit. Duke will adjust on the fly (IMO) better than Cal which is crucial this early in the season.

Duke always seems to be better prepared than most teams early in the season, and you can't get any earlier.

I like our bench - yeah you have more depth and experience on paper, but I really like our bench.

Duke is in Cal's head and in turn will be in the players head. I think this makes for more mistakes.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Back for a visit, been a while. Talent...hard to rate 3 top 5 FR vs 3 top 25 FR with 40 games experience (now Soph) UK Sophs have looked much improved. (didn't see Duke's game).... Based on what I see and what Duke fans have said, I believe UK is stronger 5 thru 9. with 3 or 4 of starting positions going in Duke's favor.........K's in game coaching ++++
Really wish we played you about mid season because imo your experience will give you the advantage this early.This game reminds of the 79 game when Sam Bowie was a freshman for y’all.We won that game due to our experience

Wow, Rupp Rafters is OBSESSED with Duke right now. What is their deal over there? I love how much they are analyzing and picking apart Duke's 1 exhibition game. I didn't even know UK was playing in the Bahamas until I saw an article on CBS Sports. Their fans apparently are hyper-aware of what Duke is doing all the time. So insecure.

I've never seen obsession like what I see on UK's board this morning. Almost every thread about Duke. it's embarrassing

Reactions: mrbud
And I might add they are not even our rival. In fact we rarely play them. Is it eight times in the K era?

I've never seen obsession like what I see on UK's board this morning. Almost every thread about Duke. it's embarrassing
It's a board with a lot of traffic. There's Louisville threads for Louisville games...sometimes UNC gets the attention. I posted a long thread on Nevada for next year a few months back. The board has a lot of active posters and new threads go up hourly...so its not surprising the team we play game one and who is our competition for the national title is the topic of discussion.

There's not a lot of news going on and you all are the center of the CBB world this week. We play you all game 1 of the season. You all seem to be our toughest competition for a title most analysts project(I'd say Kansas is the #1 team). Kentucky fans are obsessed with COLLEGE BASKETBALL. I'd say we probably were more obsessed with UNC recently because they've been more successful than any of the bluebloods lately...put us out of the tournament...and their academic scandal.

Sounds like we are saying pretty much the same thing. Both should be in good shape come March

Reactions: poppycat
It's a board with a lot of traffic. There's Louisville threads for Louisville games...sometimes UNC gets the attention. I posted a long thread on Nevada for next year a few months back. The board has a lot of active posters and new threads go up hourly...so its not surprising the team we play game one and who is our competition for the national title is the topic of discussion.

There's not a lot of news going on and you all are the center of the CBB world this week. We play you all game 1 of the season. You all seem to be our toughest competition for a title most analysts project(I'd say Kansas is the #1 team). Kentucky fans are obsessed with COLLEGE BASKETBALL. I'd say we probably were more obsessed with UNC recently because they've been more successful than any of the bluebloods lately...put us out of the tournament...and their academic scandal.

Don't delude yourself. Duke lives free rent over on RR all the time. I have never seen so many people so enthralled with a team that is not in their conference, and that they play so rarely.

I GUARANTEE Duke will win this game. And if any of these UK fans have the stones to put their AV/Sig where their mouth is, bet me the . 4 month AV/Sig bet. Ball’s in your court UK.
I really don’t know who will win. I think our two teams are the teams to beat.

But if you want to call out someone, then hey, I’m here. I’ll take the bet. Not because of confidence but of disrespect.

If we lose, the mods can explain to me how to change my avatar. I’ll keep it for 4 months because it doesn’t change my love and loyalty for UK.

But to see a UK avatar on your posts for four months, priceless!!!!

I’m in, let’s do this.

Reactions: PixelDevil
we have three players who can drop 30 in any game. We have 3 players fighting for top 1-4 draft positions. UK has good players but they do not have ANYONE going in the top 5 next draft. Not saying this means we will win the game but we have 3 Alphas on the court at one time. I like our chances i do not care if it is game 1 or 40.

I think the UK Duke game is being discussed enough over on the Rupp Rafters...........

I really don’t know who will win. I think our two teams are the teams to beat.

But if you want to call out someone, then hey, I’m here. I’ll take the bet. Not because of confidence but of disrespect.

If we lose, the mods can explain to me how to change my avatar. I’ll keep it for 4 months because it doesn’t change my love and loyalty for UK.

But to see a UK avatar on your posts for four months, priceless!!!!

I’m in, let’s do this.
ALl right let’s do it. Just so you know though, there’s nothing official about this. Mods can’t enforce it or anything, I’m trusting you to be a Mann of your word and vice versa. I will however be consulting some of the mods for inspiration for your av. Maybe I’ll get @OldasdirtDevil to cook you up a nice shoop. See you in November bud.

Reactions: jchammock
He probably didn't get to watch. He was in the NBA making millions, sporting two national championship rings.where was Ritchie? Working on a political scandal?
I don’t agree with you all the time but sometimes you just have to shut people down. Lmfao.

Where the **** 98 and Laettner came from I’ll never know. Smh.

ALl right let’s do it. Just so you know though, there’s nothing official about this. Mods can’t enforce it or anything, I’m trusting you to be a Mann of your word and vice versa. I will however be consulting some of the mods for inspiration for your av. Maybe I’ll get @OldasdirtDevil to cook you up a nice shoop. See you in November bud.
Trust me, I’m a man of my word. You can ask the mods that.
As far as OAD goes, I’ve shot the ish with him for ten year, I respect him and I’ll do whatever he wants.
From your avatar if need be, will be a simple UK. It speaks for itself.

Reactions: PixelDevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT