ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Miami II

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Quick turnaround for the team, which I like. We should be in a momentum building high right now with a great win against Carolina and a 3 game win streak. We travel to Miami to face off on ESPN for a 7pm tip. At time of writing we are a 4 point underdog.. also at time of writing we are unranked but I’m curious to see if we sneak back to 24 or 25 when the poll drops today.

Since our last meeting Miami has went 3-1 with two good wins against Clemson and VT. The one loss came to a strong Pittsburg team, who I’m glad we don’t have to play on the road. Miami is currently tied with NC st for 4th in the conference, a place we would take with a win tonight.

We need to keep this going, this is the second of the 3 game skid we were all afraid of and to get a win in Miami where the worst we could do is 2-1 during the stretch would feel so nice. I’m finally seeing some life from a team that I wasn’t so sure about. I think we keep it going and keep building toward a nice finished product-

Duke-72
Miami-68

I really DO NOT want a number by our name for this game.

I want us to play very hungry. If we get ranked let it be after this week.

Duke by 8

Statement win Satutday for our boys!!!! I must admit I am still basking in the glow of beating the Cheats.

However quick turnaround, as we face a hungry Miami team eager to get revenge upon us! I am hoping Miami is also still in a bit of an afterglow from their dramatic win at Clemson Saturday.This would even things up a bit.

Whatever, bottom line we must contain Wong and Pack-two of the BEST GUARDS in college hoops. Lively can play a huge role again as rim protector.

We must be more efficient offensively than Saturday, and getting Whitehead back would also help our depth.

Both teams are tired, physically and emotionally. Who wants it more??? This is a HUGE factor tonite. I think our desire matches Miami, but in the end their home crowd pushes the 'Canes over the top, 74-71 in a thriller.

OFC

I don't know. Tough game and quick turnaround. Honestly, I would be happy to go 1-1 and get Whitehead back this week. I feel compelled to hope for the best, so I pick Duke by 4 points.

I seriously have no clue what to expect after an emotional win Saturday, I’ll got Miami by 4 since it’s on the road but dam winning this game would be awesome

I am hoping beating UNC will be a monkey off our back kinda thing and we can come out loose tonight and play tough. You have to think Lively and Roach should be riding super high right now with confidence! I think we win tonight. @ UVA might be a different story, but one game at a time.

Duke 71
Miami 67

Lively had 10 boards and 5 blocks in 18 minutes last game. Look for him to step it up and Flip to have a big game with his mismatch. I'll be in the house rooting our guys on, wont guess a score cuz I've seen alot a losses in that building, but win, lose, or draw, I like our trajectory!

I think the team is beaming with confidence right now and there will be no let down. Proctor is coming into his own with Whitehead back Duke has to much talent for the canes, Duke by 6 points

If Lively can stay out of foul trouble, we have a great shot. This was one of his first good games for us the last time we played these guys. He had 6, 10 reb, and 5 blocks.

Miami has destroyed Duke on the high pick n roll for 10+ years now. Lively disrupted that last time. He can switch out to the guards and also get back and protect the paint.

Good guard play on both ends = Duke wins!

Roach and Proctor are really settling in, let's hope it continues, and they get some support from Blakes and Grandison.

Hopefully Mitchell locks up Wong and our guys stay out of foul trouble. Home teams always seem to get the benefit of 50/50 calls. Just win baby

No whitehead tonight
Where are you seeing that? I just checked the google news for whitehead before logging on this site and didn't see anything definitive.

Would be great to have him back. ALL of our starters played big minutes on Sat. We can't have them averaging 35 min each today too if we want any semblance of fresh legs at the end of the game.

If our guys partied Sat night Miami by 20 lol. If we win, this team is legit. If we lose a close one we are still improving. If we get rolled by ten plus we are just not a good road team.

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeJim99
This is a tough turnaround in time and opponent etc....it would be great to get any sort of win but on the road and this timeframe makes me feel pessimistic for this one...Duke by 1 ( my bet is $1)...

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Miami traveled and played a big game on Saturday too. Yes, our guys played big minutes, but I bet theirs did too. It's no different than the March tournament.

With that said, I don't like how they schedule these Sat/Mon games during ACC play.

No four pack of craft beer tonight for me on a school night. I'm gonna have to white knuckle this one from my couch all on my own. You guys better lay off the Coors Light, hotdogs and doritoes too! You'll thank me in the morning! 😱

Reactions: christophero
DBR is Duke Basketball Report, or the Elizabeth King Duke forum. I never drink during the week I have to get up at 7am. Too old for that .....

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
Will be a war, the Larranaga hired guns will launch a zillion 3's. Duke has the interior on them and defensively can stay with them. A lot of their garbage long balls will go in though. Just the way it is.

DBR is Duke Basketball Report, or the Elizabeth King Duke forum. I never drink during the week I have to get up at 7am. Too old for that .....
Huh? I drink during the week and get up at 4:30 every morning. Suck it up butter cup 😆. I think we are the same age .

Reactions: christophero
Welp, I sense another nc state type game. Turned it off and heading to the airport. Cheers!

Welp. We came out sleepwalking. Unbelievable.

Let’s regroup and get back into this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT