ADVERTISEMENT

O’Connell to Creighton

Jnood

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 15, 2008
I think it’s will be a good fit for him! They have been a pretty solid team over the years.

Is he immediately eligible as a grad transfer, or will he sit next year? Creighton returns both starting guards, and their backcourt will be as good as any in the country.

Sounds like an ideal fit for him. Always seemed to be a team player. Hoping he has a great senior season!

I'm not sure whether Alex is eligible next season or not. There really hasn't been clarification on that. I know he was once said to be graduating in three years, but when he announced he was transferring there was nothing said about him being a grad transfer. Makes me think he's possibly not one.

I'm not sure whether Alex is eligible next season or not. There really hasn't been clarification on that. I know he was once said to be graduating in three years, but when he announced he was transferring there was nothing said about him being a grad transfer. Makes me think he's possibly not one.
That would be interesting to me. I know he was on track to graduate in three. It’s interesting to me if he isn’t bc that means he didn’t even get the degree he wanted. That would really suck.

Best of Luck to AOC!! Hope your Blue Jays eliminate the Little Brothers of North Carolina, Kentucky, and Kansas in the NCAA Tournament

ESPN: "O'Connell ranked in the top 20 of ESPN's transfer rankings, slotting in at No. 20 among sit-out transfers. There is a chance O'Connell could graduate early and be eligible next season, sources told ESPN, but his preference is to sit out the 2020-21 season and play his final year in 2021-22."

Reactions: dukiejay
Think it's a great fit for him, he should excel there.
Creighton's playing style fit's what Alex does: a lot of three-pointers, uptempo, athleticism, not much defense.

Were gonna smash them though if we see them in Atlantis.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Are you talking Steve Blake who went to Maryland and played 13 years in the NBA, or Steve Blake who lives down the street from me and dribbles like Stanley from The Office?
tenor.gif

Would not have played much next year. Better to let Steward and Moore develop. Best of luck to Alex.

Reactions: jwill133
Sounds like Alex will not be graduating this year and will sit out next year finishing his career in 2021-2022. Must have been scared of DJ Steward and Wendell Moore hounding him in the Bahamas in November, makes sense.

Perfect fit for him.. glad he didn’t try to go to a Syracuse or Georgia type school.. Big East is a much better conference for him to succeed in.

Sounds like Alex will not be graduating this year and will sit out next year finishing his career in 2021-2022. Must have been scared of DJ Steward and Wendell Moore hounding him in the Bahamas in November, makes sense.

Yea.. that’s it

The kid didn’t live up to what any fan wanted him to be. He’s barely made it out of Durham, and you say something totally ridiculous.

Reactions: pisgah101
The kid didn’t live up to what any fan wanted him to be, and he’s barely made it out of Durham, and you say something idiotic.
That was sarcasm big dog, chill. Hence the “makes sense.” Worry about calling out other posters out of nowhere.

Reactions: PixelDevil and dbav
jwill is one of the better posters here (my opinion of course), I read his statement as sarcasm. He's never bashed one of our players like that before.
Thanks man, appreciate it. I'll admit, my joke was pretty weak. Read earlier on Twitter about AOC sitting out 1 year and figured I would try to relate it to Duke in some way.

Reactions: dbav and PixelDevil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT