ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament day 2 official game day thread

I’d like to see northwestern win over FAU .

Big win for Collins and Northwestern. Always remember, the only NCAA Tournament appearances Northwestern has ever had are all under Chris Collins. (2017, 2023, 2024).

A lot of good Coaches have had a crack at it and couldn’t do anything. Tex Winter who led Kansas State to two Final fours and was an assistant to Phil Jackson on 9 NBA Championship teams had a go at Northwestern from 1973-1978. Duke’s own ACC Championship and Final Four Coach Bill Foster had a crack at it from 1986-1993. Kevin O’Neill, NBA and College head Coach at various places had a go at it from 1997-2000. None could even get Northwestern a tournament invite. That’s a tough job!

Disappointed Virginia over Pitt. The eye test says Pitt. Pitt played Carolina tough in the ACC tournament.

NC. State, Clemson. Representing the ACC. Let’s go Duke.

Reactions: sheyduke
SEC disappointing so far, I definitely thought they were better given the conference season games. Match ups count i guess

Kentucky has the same kind of problem that Duke does. They get a lot of young talent out of high school because they are great at recruiting but they just don’t have those 3rd, 4th, sometimes 5th year players who have talent. Either they need to recruit in the portal or they need to learn to develop talent rather than losing it after a year or two. They will forever be a team with guys who will wind up being too young to have much of a chance. There are exceptions, but those are rare. And this environment with NIL and the portal, teams can have more veterans. Especially teams that play together for 3-4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT