ADVERTISEMENT

Official tournament day 4 thread

It’s going to be physical, no doubt, but I don’t think we’re screwed if the refs let them play a bit. Jon knows this going in, and honestly every decent team we’ve played this year has tried to rough us up.

I believe he’ll have them ready for it, and I think their experience against it will help. But really, I think I’ve seen more dirty play against this team than any other Duke team I’ve seen since I’ve been a fan. Tennessee laid the blueprint last season(Barnes is a sack of garbage), let’s hope our guys show that it isn’t gonna work anymore.
I hope the Duke game is called exactly the way the A&M game was. If Duke shoots 45 free throws they blow Houston out. If I'm a betting man though Duke will be lucky to shoot 15.
I hope you two are right. The pace in those games are out of control, which I blame on the officials. Literally, bodies are flying and falling to the ground on more possessions than not. We can say we'll shoot free throws, and we might, but those type of games can take teams that aren't used to it off their game.

And you can't simulate the way those games were played in practice, for fear of injuries.

I think it all comes down to officiating. If our game is officiated like they were in the Alabama/GCU & Houston/A&M games, then I think we're screwed. I was sore and tired just from watching. Bodies were flying everywhere. It was organized chaos.

Jon is really going to have to convince the kids how physical it will be. The Tennessee game will be a great reminder.

And we all know Sampson will be drilling Duke's lack of toughness into his convicts, I mean players.
i disagree. If we get 45 free throw attempts, we're going to dominate Houston.

We NEED the refs to not swallow their whistles when things get physical.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Duke will need Young to have his best inside game because Houston will go straight at Flip to get him in Foul trouble . I don’t even think it’s a question . Attack Flip make him guard in the post one on one and he commits fouls . It’s step up time for Mitchell and Power. Power because his shot and Mitchell to play like a bull dog .

Young played well when we scrimmaged Houston.
Anyone know if Blakes is okay? We could use his D Friday. (Just read him and Roach are good to go)

Last edited:
Reactions: bullcity gamer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT