ADVERTISEMENT

Official tournament day 4 thread

Sometimes you have to go through bad to get to the good. Us in 2014, or Florida or Virginia losing in the first round. On paper they are probably the second best team. Getting to the second weekend take some pressure off them.

I'd have no problem with them winning it all. I like Painter. And Edey is a good kid. It is easy to like their whole group. Plus, I loved Gene Keady as a kid. His hair always killed me—and he was a damn good coach.

Shaka Smart's energy translates from the sidelines to his team..thats what I'd love to see more of from JS

A&M hanging with Houston so far. Coleman hasn't played much I believe he is dealing with an injury. Houston now up 4.

Last edited:
Can’t be true!!! All I heard and read about all season was how “down and terrible” the ACC was??? Some of these media talking heads and rival fans should actually learn a thing or two about men’s college hoops, Morons.
Yep and the majority of fans (including ACC) believed what they were hearing. Most people that hear something over and over start believing. I never believed JMU could beat Duke, but I was basing it on what I saw in person from them. We can win it all when we’re clicking on offense. I like our chances vs anyone but UCONN. It’s going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

We played excellent and McCain shot out of his mind. But we beat James Madison. Let's pump the breaks a little here. But it was certainly a big step forward. It's always nice to have another week of hope. And remember Kentucky got knocked out, so hopefully Houston loses today. Houston currently up 5 at the half. If we win next game we get the winner of Marquette/NC State. It would be funny if it was Duke/NC State in the elite eight.

Last edited:
Yep and the majority of fans (including ACC) believed what they were hearing. Most people that hear something over and over start believing. I never believed JMU could beat Duke, but I was basing it on what I saw in person from them. We can win it all when we’re clicking on offense. I like our chances vs anyone but UCONN. It’s going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

UConn is tough no doubt, but every team still
has to play the games and win. San Diego State returned the majority of their rotation from the National Runner Up Team and I am sure they remember that game from last year and want revenge (of course SDSU still has to get by Yale first), then you have an Illinois team that has one of the best offenses in the country and an Iowa State Team that has one of the best defenses in the country. Let’s hope The Blue Devils continue to develop good habits for the remainder of the tournament like we saw during their performance today.

We played excellent and McCain shot out of his mind. But we beat James Madison. Let's pump the breaks a little here. But it was certainly a big step forward. It's always nice to have another week of hope. And remember Kentucky got knocked out, so hopefully Houston loses today. Houston currently up 5 at the half. If we win next game we get the winner of Marquette/NC State.

Any win in the tournament is good Sir. It just seems any time Duke shows any good signs, negative criticism still comes the Blue Devils way (I am not saying this is what you’re doing Chris).

The players and coaching staff have stuck together and I am happy to see that. As long as they Believe in Each Other and Block Out all the Outside Noise, that’s all they need, they don’t need any one’s validation.

These Blue Devils have wins against Michigan State, Baylor, Clemson, NC State on the season. The Blue Devils have been in every single game this season and have held multiple of their opponents to the opponents lows in points scored.

Keep Evolving Blue Devils!

It's looking like it will be Houston Friday, barring a comeback. I am very excited Duke is in the second weekend. We better be ready for a war. Win Friday and I think we can win the next one. If we did make the final four this would be the most unlikely run I can remember.
A&M has cut it to 6.

Last edited:
I think we can beat Houston but they would probably win 2 of 3. We would need to shoot well.

The guys play like they did today aka being the aggressors from the opening tip they can defeat Houston. The game is in Dallas and I imagine will be the 2nd game at the Regional.

Glad Houston is the first opponent as opposed to being the 2nd opponent of the weekend. Meaning I am glad the coaching staff has more time to prepare for Houston as opposed to only having a day and a half to prepare for Houston.

yeah ngl houston's physicality scares me. We were able to take it to JMU physically, but Houston is a bunch of grown men. We can win if we shoot well...but we just shot the lights out, so hope we have some gasoline left in the tank

Lots of blowouts in the second round which is strange...usually a lot closer. UH plays a tough game on the boards...we will need to be ready. Their PG Shead is a beast...not sure who we will put on him but that will be a key match up. They look a lot like the tennessee team we played last year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT