ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

bullettoothtony

All American
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone else looking forward to the playoffs? Some intriguing matchups I'm looking forward to.

Thank goodness the Eastern Conference has gotten almost as interesting as the Western Conference.

And I have to confess... I love the first round of the playoffs since that means we'll get Inside the NBA five nights a week, which of course is the greatest show in the history of television...

Garbage Hornets won't be there. So there's that. You know you're a terrible franchise when you're relying on the New York KNICKS to win a game for you to make the playoffs. But hey, the ceiling is the roof, amirite guys?

Rockets getting the 4 seed makes the West a lot more interesting. I think the Rockets have a chance to take down the Warriors in the 2nd round. Durant has both feet out the door to NY and they have some real chemistry issues. Whereas the Rockets know exactly who they are, plus Harden is on another planet this year.

In the East, I'd be shocked if it's not Milwaukee or Toronto. Milwaukee would be my pick but they have some lingering injuries, I'm picking Toronto, they are loaded.

Should be a fun and entertaining postseason. I'm pretty excited for it.

In the east, I lean Toronto. They have a handful of guys who have been there before and seem ready for the push. Their potential second-round series with Philly could be a great one.

I just don't think I can pick against Golden State in the west, although this might be the most vulnerable they've been during their run. The series against Houston would be fun be fun, but I think ultimately the Warriors just wear them down.

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
I had high hopes for the Celtics this year but they seem very dysfunctional,Raptors look like the best bet in the east,Golden State are once again the popular choice in the west,but I'm going with Houston

Rockets getting the 4 seed makes the West a lot more interesting. I think the Rockets have a chance to take down the Warriors in the 2nd round. Durant has both feet out the door to NY and they have some real chemistry issues. Whereas the Rockets know exactly who they are, plus Harden is on another planet this year.

In the East, I'd be shocked if it's not Milwaukee or Toronto. Milwaukee would be my pick but they have some lingering injuries, I'm picking Toronto, they are loaded.

I was watching the relevant games last night and it's wild how Houston ended up as the 4 seed. Portland only played six guys I think--no Lillard, McCollum, etc.--and came back and won. And Denver was down until a missed shot, rebound and pass to Murray resulted in a late-game go-ahead 3.

Golden State and Houston in the 2nd round... wow.

Reactions: dukehokie
I was watching the relevant games last night and it's wild how Houston ended up as the 4 seed. Portland only played six guys I think--no Lillard, McCollum, etc.--and came back and won. And Denver was down until a missed shot, rebound and pass to Murray resulted in a late-game go-ahead 3.

Golden State and Houston in the 2nd round... wow.
Houston ended up as the 4 seed mainly because Denver threw the game against Portland on Sunday night. Which was a smart move by Denver, get Houston out of their path and with Portland's win they jumped Houston to #3.

Isaiah Thomas (mainly due to injuries) is rated as the worst player in the league, by a wide margin. And he played 24 minutes for Denver Sunday night. Again, genius move. But what it says is Denver knows they aren't that great and need an easy road to reach the conference finals. They wanted no part of Houston.

There are gonna be some great match ups. I just wish the first round was still best of 5.
How can the NBA be so dense about this? Looking at the 1st round and there aren’t even any intriguing matchups. Just needs to get over with and then we will have some exciting matchups in the next round. Seems like such a simple solution to go back to a best of 5.

How can the NBA be so dense about this? Looking at the 1st round and there aren’t even any intriguing matchups. Just needs to get over with and then we will have some exciting matchups in the next round. Seems like such a simple solution to go back to a best of 5.
They will never go back to 5 games because of money generated in a 7 game series. Though 5 is much better.
I think Boston Indiana will be interesting. Boston is a big question mark and Indiana plays extremely hard and everyone has a defined role, Boston obviously a massive talent advantage.

In the west, the only potential upset I see is the 6 OKC taking down 3 Portland. I'd actually favor OKC. Everything else should go chalk in 5 games max.

Warriors will probably win, hope not though. I just hope my Spurs can at least win a game or two against the Nuggets.

This is the first playoffs I have been excited for since KD joined the Warriors. Things had been so predictable since then. Lebron was always going to get out of the East, but we all knew those teams weren't going to have much of a chance against the Warriors in the Finals. The Rockets almost threw a wrench into that narrative last season, but things ended up going according to plan. GSW is going to have to go through a couple really good teams to get it done this season. I think they still will, but at least there's some intrigue.

They will never go back to 5 games because of money generated in a 7 game series. Though 5 is much better.
I think Boston Indiana will be interesting. Boston is a big question mark and Indiana plays extremely hard and everyone has a defined role, Boston obviously a massive talent advantage.

In the west, the only potential upset I see is the 6 OKC taking down 3 Portland. I'd actually favor OKC. Everything else should go chalk in 5 games max.
Really hope OKC gets it done. The playoffs could use more Westbrook.

Philly down 8 at home to Brooklyn at halftime.

Embiid's getting to the line but he's 1-9 from the floor. Settling for jumpers, including 5 three-pointers, all of which he missed.

Redick 0-4, 0 points.

Blazers probably won’t get out the first round, but I’ll watch their games and root them on. Really wish they had lost their last game.

Screenshot-2019-04-13-14-10-46-1.png

^ our guy Quinn Cook became an NBA Champion last year Sky, after playing some good basketball while filling in for the injured Steph Curry last season.

Kawhii is a monster. Love Siakam’s game, but Nurse needs to let him close this out. Kawhii is probably the best playoff closer after Kyrie and Durant.

Real chemistry issues? Come on man, they won the West and rested guys all season, played a million games the past 4 seasons, and were bored. Don’t let the media fool you. They will possibly be tested by Houston but then it’s wrap.

Y’all are sleeping on Milwaukee.

I hate Golden State... that’s putting it lightly
Still can’t logically talk myself into picking against them. Yeah they have bad chemistry, vulnerable when they aren’t shooting 3’s well, yada yada... But they aren’t going to lose 4 out of 7 - and they shouldn’t. So ridiculously stacked it’s disgusting.

Denver kind of finds themselves in a must-win situation today at San Antonio. They want no part of falling behind 3-to-1 in that series.

Early observations after one week of the NBA playoffs....

-Milwaukee has looked better than I thought
-Toronto looks like they’ve swung the series against the Magic back in their favor
-Golden State still looks a little vulnerable
-The Blazers-Thunder series has been pure entertainment.

@dukiejay

You really think GS looks vulnerable? I feel like they are just disinterested more than anything

I do think they’re vulnerable....but some of it could be lack of interest, as well. They’re still my pick to win it all. However, they can’t show up and win this year. They have to play well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT