ADVERTISEMENT

Leadership

So this year we are losing to USC and the heels are winning the tournament? Or do we use history farther back than that and Nova is winning it? Hey, maybe we are going all the way back to 2015????
Not sure why you're being intentionally obtuse. The other poster is correct IMO - the flaws this team has shown all season aren't fixable at this point - high turnover rates, missing key free throws, poor shot selection, etc. Has nothing to do with effort or even experience (hello Grayson), has to do with talent and skill.

Still, I think with the right matchups we can get to the S16 or even E8.

Last edited:
Maybe we get more confidence the more we win in the tournament. Duke usually goes out early or goes on a run. Once we get the first weekend behind us, and are healthy, we can beat anyone.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Maybe we get more confidence the more we win in the tournament. Duke usually goes out early or goes on a run. Once we get the first weekend behind us, and are healthy, we can beat anyone.
I am actually worried of the opposite occurring. Becoming over-confident as the Tournament progresses, especially after IMO we physically humiliate teams with our size the opening weekend.

My apologies for still talking about last nights game but I felt UNC came prepared for a 40 minute War, while our guys were thinking of blowing them off the court.

Reactions: christophero
Not sure why you're being intentionally obtuse. The other poster is correct IMO - the flaws this team has shown all season aren't fixable at this point - high turnover rates, missing key free throws, poor shot selection, etc. Has nothing to do with effort or even experience (hello Grayson), has to do with talent and skill.

Still, I think with the right matchups we can get to the S16 or even E8.

I'll tell you why. I get sick of people who only show up here to bitch or be negative. If the sweet 16 or, maybe, with the right match ups, the elite 8 is our ceiling, then why even go. I don't think there is a single team out there that we can't beat. I also think we could lose the first weekend if we don't play well, but for people, regulars, to discuss this team having a chance to go far if we do this or that better, only to have some know it all who stops in only when aren't going our way to try and cast a dark shadow, is, well, obtuse......why do you all waste your time on this limited team if you don't believe they can get it done in the end???

Reactions: BlueDaveil
I'll tell you why. I get sick of people who only show up here to bitch or be negative. If the sweet 16 or, maybe, with the right match ups, the elite 8 is our ceiling, then why even go. I don't think there is a single team out there that we can't beat. I also think we could lose the first weekend if we don't play well, but for people, regulars, to discuss this team having a chance to go far if we do this or that better, only to have some know it all who stops in only when aren't going our way to try and cast a dark shadow, is, well, obtuse......why do you all waste your time on this limited team if you don't believe they can get it done in the end???

EXACTLY. I say we're going to win until that final horn rings. If I believed we couldn't win I wouldn't even waste time watching

Reactions: DukefanKY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT