ADVERTISEMENT

JJ Redick retiring from the NBA after 15 years

JJ was my favorite player, still is. Over took the Alaskan Assassin in my list. JJ had an amazing career. One of my favorite moments of his senior year was a home game against FSU. They took us to OT, and it was, like many games that year, too much JJ watching. But he was clutch. He hit a huge three from the right side in OT, crowd was going nuts. And as if to just keep himself going he is pounding his chest running down the other side of the court. It always stuck with me, like I am not letting this team lose type of moment.

Reactions: IFaZe and Quavarius
I attended two great JJ games. the Texas game in New York where he scored about 38 points. He was unbelievable. Then a game against Virginia at Cameron when Chris Paul scored about 35 points but JJ outdid him with 41 points.

I remember JJ being interviewed once when he was in college and was asked what he had to do to be ready to play in the pros. He smiled and said "learn a European language". Instead of accepting a lucrative career in Europe, he worked like crazy and made himself a very good and highly respected NBA player.

It will be interesting to see what he does next. I could see him being a media darling like Michael Strahan, showing up on non sports related media as well as doing his blog, maybe announcing, whatever he wants.

Yeah the 41 against No. 2 Texas in a 1 vs. 2 matchup was my favorite! Besides Zion/Bagley classes, he was the one I wanted a championship more than almost any other Duke player.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
JJ was my favorite player, still is. Over took the Alaskan Assassin in my list. JJ had an amazing career. One of my favorite moments of his senior year was a home game against FSU. They took us to OT, and it was, like many games that year, too much JJ watching. But he was clutch. He hit a huge three from the right side in OT, crowd was going nuts. And as if to just keep himself going he is pounding his chest running down the other side of the court. It always stuck with me, like I am not letting this team lose type of moment.
The Alaskan Assassin is what made me a Duke fan. They are both on my Mt. Rushmore of Best 3-point shooters at Duke

Reactions: timo0402
I could never get enough of JJ at Duke running defenders off those screens and him hitting big threes. It was a thing of beauty.

I also always loved that comment he made when Zion joined him in New Orleans.....something about making the playoffs and he reminded Zion not to mess it up for him.

What a great career JJ, thanks for all the years and memories, and best of luck wherever life takes you next!

Nothing but great memories. I think his form is the purest and most technically sound shooting form ever. At least that I have seen.

Only disappointment was the LSU loss.

But I think my favorite memory of JJ is the game in his senior year against #2 Texas. 97-66.

JJ scored 41, and was 9 of 16 from three. To me that was the peak of that Duke team. And, I think had they played anybody at that juncture in the season they would’ve won. Had they been in that form during the NCAA tournament, I think they would have won the title.

Still one of my all time favorite games. A freshman with balls of steel.

This one always stood out to me more than any other as far as Redick moments since I think this was his real coming out party on a big stage.

I also love when they cut to the bench to Julius Hodge and those guys after JJ hits the three to cut it to 6 with about 9:25 left. There is a quarter of the game left and NCSU has a multi-possession lead, but looking at their faces there is zero question the game is over and the outcome is inevitable.

That 3 at the 4:46 mark tho

So obviously I was wrong in where the Texas game was (Meadowlands not NY, which won't matter to you North Carolina people but I should know better) and the number of points JJ had. But I will never ever forget the shot where he ball faked the defender almost into the stands and did a perfect side step to drain the 3.

Reactions: Quavarius
JJ truly loved the game and one of the best pure shooters of all time. He earned a good NBA career by working hard on the rest of his game. One of my favorites of all time.

Such a great great player we the last of a former generation of player we’ll not see again in college. Inspired A LOT of young men to wanna play at Duke. I know Seth curry outright said that and there’s others.

His senior year at the Dean Dome when he went for 30+

IIRC he had a late 3 that pretty much iced the game where he faked a drive to the basket, dribbled behind his back and splooged a three in somebody's face. Was it Hansgump? I can't remember.

The timing is interesting, IMO. Who thinks we could see him on the coaching staff at some point?

So obviously I was wrong in where the Texas game was (Meadowlands not NY, which won't matter to you North Carolina people but I should know better) and the number of points JJ had. But I will never ever forget the shot where he ball faked the defender almost into the stands and did a perfect side step to drain the 3.
That time he outdueled Chris Paul and Virginia, tho...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT