ADVERTISEMENT

Jahlil vs KAT, round 1...

I openly admit I know very little about NBA operations but let me ask, how long has Okafor got before he could possibly play for another team? I'm guessing when that day comes it will be one HELL of a payday.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I openly admit I know very little about NBA operations but let me ask, how long has Okafor got before he could possibly play for another team? I'm guessing when that day comes it will be one HELL of a payday.
I believe his first deal is a 3 or 4 year deal. (as it is with all first round picks.) So after that he can look elsewhere however he won't make as much elsewhere as he would re signing with Philly. I think that is how it works.

Rookie contracts are for three years with a team option for the fourth.

I was at the game last night....Jahlil had it going from the get-go. Offensively he's so polished for a big that's barely 20 years old it's amazing. And he even put on a little shot-blocking display as well. That said, he's still way behind where he needs to get on defense.

As most know, I'm one of about the 10 die-hard Wolves fans that exist. I was fully in the camp of taking Okafor over Towns, but I've changed my tune slightly over the last month. KAT is very good. He wasn't last night, but his season averages of 16 & 10 to go with his defense is pretty impressive. I'm not saying Jah won't be better in the long run, but I also don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Barring injuries, KAT is going to be a great NBA player, as well.

Karl Anthony-Rousey

Kat is really good, but you never, ever pick a KAT over an OAK. Did I say never?:D

Karl%20Anthony%20Rousey%20vs%20Oak%20Final.jpg

OFC

I was at the game last night....Jahlil had it going from the get-go. Offensively he's so polished for a big that's barely 20 years old it's amazing. And he even put on a little shot-blocking display as well. That said, he's still way behind where he needs to get on defense.

As most know, I'm one of about the 10 die-hard Wolves fans that exist. I was fully in the camp of taking Okafor over Towns, but I've changed my tune slightly over the last month. KAT is very good. He wasn't last night, but his season averages of 16 & 10 to go with his defense is pretty impressive. I'm not saying Jah won't be better in the long run, but I also don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Barring injuries, KAT is going to be a great NBA player, as well.
Can we get Den to tombstone you? Or do you do it yourself?

I think Okafor is coming along okay defensively. He will never be a stopper, that is not him but he is holding his own so far. I have seen almost all of his games (NBA package) and his improvement has been fun to watch. I am with you though, KAT is going to be a great NBA player. He is a fun guy to watch. You have two guys on your team that are franchise types in Wiggins and Towns.

Isn't P.J. Hairston coming up for free agency. Will the Hornets have the money it's gonna take to resign him. It's gonna take some BIG bucks to sign him. OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
Then you guys must not have a very entertaining board.
Our board is just fine. It does get a little more humorous when we get to read silly post like th one you made. You do realize who Okafor plays along side right? A little hint, not much. Meanwhile, Towns has a HOFer in Garnett and Andrew Wiggins (an all star every year going forward), Rubio and other NBA level players to play with. Did you happen to catch any of the game?

There's a reason why this was never brought up on the ever popular Rupp Rafters board today.

Depends how you look at it, Philly is 0-15 I'd say Jah really is the one who lost on this one.

People talk about KAT as having a far more diverse game, but man people really discredited Jah's agility and shot. He is truly an extraordinary talent. Miss him at duke.

I believe his first deal is a 3 or 4 year deal. (as it is with all first round picks.) So after that he can look elsewhere however he won't make as much elsewhere as he would re signing with Philly. I think that is how it works.
2nd contracts are capped somewhat, but a contract extension allows you to avoid most of that cap. That's why many stars stay with their original team for a second run. After that he can get a max deal from any team.

Didn't know we had a statistician in the house. Get the f*** outta here with the +/- BS in this game: Oak took Towns to school in this game and that's all there is to it. If you could tell me what +/- actually means that would be impressive.

WindyCityWildkat, please watch the video that was posted in this thread up around the 3rd post in before you say one more word. You will either feel like a complete dumbass for trying to defend Towns or come back and admit wholeheartedly that that was one of the worst beatdowns possible. Anyone that hasn't watched that video, ull be amazed by how dominant Jah was, WOW

Whoa, chill guys. I didn't watch the game, I just clicked the OP's link and found some positives in KAT's stat line. Okafor clearly had a better game.

It was one game in November though. Let's see who has had the better season come April and May.

Whoa, chill guys. I didn't watch the game, I just clicked the OP's link and found some positives in KAT's stat line. Okafor clearly had a better game.

It was one game in November though. Let's see who has had the better season come April and May.

We've been encouraged to be a more kinder and gentler board to posters from another fan base. Some of you really make it hard. It would really be nice for posters to stay on their own boards. With the exception of a few the THR and Di guys tend to stay on our on boards. It just doesn't seem to work well when we cross post on each others board. It takes a special poster that can go over to their rival's board and stay on as a poster without getting banned sooner or later. Never been on a UK board much so I don't really know how the tolerance level of the mods there are. I know our mods give a lot of room for outside posters. I feel comfortable if you and some of your fellow UK fans had posted similar post at THR you would have been tomb stoned which is the way they ban over there. Some of us have been banned for what we post about UNC on this board. So I guess you can keep posting here until you cross the line and sooner or later you probably will. Until then expect some harsh replies from us. That's about as kind and gentle as I can be. OFC

Wasn't Okafor a one and done player? Why do you guys care what he does in the NBA? He has no connection to Duke! He just used them!
Wasn't that what everyone said about Kentuck's players? Funny how things change when the shoes on the other foot!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't Okafor a one and done player? Why do you guys care what he does in the NBA? He has no connection to Duke! He just used them!
Wasn't that what everyone said about Kentuck's players? Funny how things change when the shoes on the other foot!!!!!!!!!!!
No, see, Oak won a title at Duke so it's a bit different lol

Reactions: contrerasmjc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT