ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo

Watching “ OTL”. My one question is why is the personnel of personal conduct like the one being interviewed why didn’t she recommend them going to the police? She was the assault counselor. Sorry but you can’t pass the buck.

I also do believe Izzo knows a lot more then he wants to admit given his expression in his non interview. The football coach is dead on saying he’s staying to face his accusers of these charges.

I have a kid who is a sophomore on the Swim Team at MSU who told me they are under the impression that the Football and Basketball coaches are either resigning or being fired today....

Would be hard for me to imagine...but that’s apparently what’s going through the other sports teams at MSU currently...

I’ll add that I asked how they are justifying that process of thinking...and he said it’s because athletes went to those coaches when they where looking for help and those cosches didn’t do anything to help them...

He says it’s a really difficult time to be an athlete there right now...and everyone is very upset and in a state of shock...

I’ll add that I asked how they are justifying that process of thinking...and he said it’s because athletes went to those coaches when they where looking for help and those cosches didn’t do anything to help them...

He says it’s a really difficult time to be an athlete there right now...and everyone is very upset and in a state of shock...
Athletes or victims?

The detail most disturbing to me is getting no attention. The county prosecutor supposedly told the alleged victim that she “was not strong enough” to hold up to questioning and that she should drop the case. This same prosecutor is now the current title IX official at Michigan State. Hmmmm... I bet this is where the news story goes next.

In this day and age it seems like all such official conversations should be recorded and accessible by the authorities.

Last edited:
I don't want the guy to burn if he's not culpable, but I've never understood why Duke fans like Izzo. He whines and bitches about the refs every time they play Duke. Even when they took them apart in the final 4 in 15. I think he's a baby.

Curious about some of the "in this climate" comments. Nobody here has suggested any sort of immediate, unfounded damnation. Furthermore, if there is any one class of favored individuals in our society, it is athletes/coaches on a college campus. The Duke LAX legal travesty was disgusting. But, that was a total oulier. This situation is much more than a he said/she said situation. It is about people with a lot of power deliberately preventing due process for their own benefit. Kind of ironic that some are alluding to a perceived lack of due process being afforded to those who are being accused of potentially denying due process to others.

Curious about some of the "in this climate" comments. Nobody here has suggested any sort of immediate, unfounded damnation. Furthermore, if there is any one class of favored individuals in our society, it is athletes/coaches on a college campus. The Duke LAX legal travesty was disgusting. But, that was a total oulier. This situation is much more than a he said/she said situation. It is about people with a lot of power deliberately preventing due process for their own benefit. Kind of ironic that some are alluding to a perceived lack of due process being afforded to those who are being accused of potentially denying due process to others.
That is my whole thing too. Yes the duke lax thing taught us a ton. I’m the first person always to say wait until the facts come out. Having said that, this IS NOT the same thing. And this isn’t me implicating Izzo.

Reactions: sgrooms
The detail most disturbing to me is getting no attention. The county prosecutor supposedly told the alleged victim that she “was not strong enough” to hold up to questioning and that she should drop the case. This same prosecutor is now the current title IX official at Michigan State. Hmmmm... I bet this is where the news story goes next.

In this day and age it seems like all such official conversations should be recorded and accessible by the authorities.
You ever been to trial? Defense attorneys get paid good to make witness’s discredited. Sometimes it does more damage. A case is harder with no physical evidence.

Would hate to see either coach have to go out this way considering some of the scumbags that currently get passes in CFB and CBB like Calipari, Roy, Meyer and Saban. One other point. Sure is interesting that they talk about all the allegations that have occurred since the start of Dantonio’s tenure. If this is a systemic problem, I’d be willing to bet it was around when Saban was HC at MSU, but pointing that out would involve ESPN killing their golden goose.

Either way, until ESPN goes from saying admin to saying Izzo personally was involved, he gets a chance to speak his mind before I condemn his career.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT