ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo

Laettner15

Cameron Crazy
Jan 25, 2016
sorry I know this is a duke board, but could this be the end of Izzo. If the allegations are true, it’s sickening!

Mods if you want to delete I completely understand

Twitter is lighting up quickly....

Nothing credible, but I keep seeing on twitter that Izzo might resign in a couple days. He wants to finish the year out but that might not happen with all of this now out there.

Nothing credible, but I keep seeing on twitter that Izzo might resign in a couple days. He wants to finish the year out but that might not happen with all of this now out there.
All I have read that looks bad for him is that he let an assistant coach go to the Final 4 following allegations that he punched a woman. The thing with Payne and Appling seems less solid, but there’s no way to know if Izzo was aware of the details or if those players did anything illegal. I’m sure we’ll find out more soon. I’m going to reserve judgement for a few days.

I'm going to have to wait and see on this...looks like everyone is assuming the worse because of the Nassar situation. Reminds me a little of the Sulaimon allegations that K and the team had to deal with. Duke lacrosse also comes to mind. Need some evidence to come forward before declaring someone guilty.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad and dbav
Really hope nothing is there. I'd hate to see Izzo gone and pray he didn't do anything, I'm not a big fan but respect him

Okay. As much as I respect Izzo as a coach and as much as we appreciate due process. Can we not all agree that Izzo has the face of a man who would be accused of sexual harassment?

I've considered posting this a few times, but always decided it wasn't my place. Anyone thinking there's not hard evidence out there, I assure you there is. MSU's basketball players had a reputation for sexual assault, including gang rape, while close friends of mine were going to school there. I'm still not going to post details on a public forum, but don't be surprised if even the most well known MSU players get implicated.

Regarding Izzo, I have no clue how much he knew or didn't know, but the incident I know the most details about, I have to believe he was not aware.

I just read the whole report. Appling and Payne definitely did something to that girl. Why would she waste her own time and reputation pursuing the case so hard otherwise? I 99% believe her account that they forcibly raped her. It was the first week of school, she was no doubt being flirty or at least friendly by going up to their room, but only those three know what happened next. Payne admitted they made her feel uncomfortable to the police. What kind of man goes two on one with a girl they just met? She had nothing to gain from trying to get them in trouble. My final assumption is that they did it. Izzo surely knew about the police reports, yet they missed zero games that season. That's a bad look for him, but what's the official policy on this? His players were never charged. It sounds like the county prosecutor buried the whole thing in the end. MSU athletics and local law enforcement look dirty as hell.

The incident with the assistant coach punching the woman looks awful too. I'm sure he did it. The case got dropped because of he said-she said bullcrap? The woman had a concussion and bruises. Where the hell did those come from? Then the same guy gets accused of assaulting another woman later? I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

I just don't know what to think of Izzo here. Some of his players in that era were clearly scum bags. How much can I judge him for being associated with these guys?

I’ve read a few articles that mentioned that there were connections to MSU in the Nassar case but I never imagined that Izzo could possibly be involved in it.

I'm going to have to wait and see on this...looks like everyone is assuming the worse because of the Nassar situation. Reminds me a little of the Sulaimon allegations that K and the team had to deal with. Duke lacrosse also comes to mind. Need some evidence to come forward before declaring someone guilty.

OFC

Let's listen to dirt and wait things out. mike nifong really screwed Duke's Lacrosse program and at the time Duke as a School. It cost a coach his job which is a travesty. It cost 3 young men their reputations and what did nifong get. One day in jail. See what happens when the wrong people have power. OFC

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
He has a sexual harassment face?? Ha!
I mean......

maxresdefault.jpg

When this stuff comes up, it makes me thankful each and every day that we have Coach K as a coach, and he would never let something like this happen under his watch.

Reactions: skysdad
More than willing to wait for details before condemning anyone. That said, there certainly has been a few eyebrow raising incidents connected to Izzo's program than I would expect from his program if he is worthy of the respect that he has held.

PS I remember a friend of mine who went to HS with the girl who accused Shelden, and her "friend" loved the attention of accusing Shelden and friends. There are people out there who are straight up sick and enjoy that ish.

Reactions: hart2chesson
It’s a hard subject rape, assualting a female, domestic violence.

I’ll hold judgement until strong details come out.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
PS I remember a friend of mine who went to HS with the girl who accused Shelden, and her "friend" loved the attention of accusing Shelden and friends. There are people out there who are straight up sick and enjoy that ish.
This. Not saying anyone is lying but it happens on more then one occasion and not just to supper stars or sports figures.

I really hope Izzo is proven innocent in all this, unless of course, he is not innocent. I have always really liked him. It would be a shame to find out he wasn't what I thought he was. I will reserve any kind of judgement until all the facts are out. I will just say that he is one of the very last coaches I would have expected to have something like this happen.

Let's listen to dirt and wait things out. mike nifong really screwed Duke's Lacrosse program and at the time Duke as a School. It cost a coach his job which is a travesty. It cost 3 young men their reputations and what did nifong get. One day in jail. See what happens when the wrong people have power. OFC
While I’m usually the first to suggest the same course of action, this is a lot different than that case, it’s not even close to the same. We are talking at best a number of thrown out charges or incidents where there were police reports filed and mysteriously went nowhere. Additionally this isn’t a one time incident that is being brought up, rather a series of them over a decade or so. At worst, it’s a massive cover up where numerous women were victims of different levels of assault.

While the Duke Lax case taught us a ton, it isn’t the same situation at all.

I lost all respect for Izzo when he recruited Zach Randolph. That dude had a rap sheet longer than Ron Jeremy’s male appendage.

All I have read that looks bad for him is that he let an assistant coach go to the Final 4 following allegations that he punched a woman. The thing with Payne and Appling seems less solid, but there’s no way to know if Izzo was aware of the details or if those players did anything illegal. I’m sure we’ll find out more soon. I’m going to reserve judgement for a few days.
In today’s climate it doesn’t matter if he knew or not

Okay. As much as I respect Izzo as a coach and as much as we appreciate due process. Can we not all agree that Izzo has the face of a man who would be accused of sexual harassment?

I always thought Izzo looked like Jon Bon Jovi in the face...... But as far as the allegations, lets not convict the guy just yet. Everyone deserves due process and if the Duke Lacrosse thing taught us anything, it's that.

In today’s climate it doesn’t matter if he knew or not

True, and that is F'ing sad. Slippery slope times we are in when all someone has to do is make an accusation and no one really cares if its true or not. There will be a backlash against parts of this me too movement when it comes to people who may not have known about what may have been going on, but get in trouble anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
While I’m usually the first to suggest the same course of action, this is a lot different than that case, it’s not even close to the same. We are talking at best a number of thrown out charges or incidents where there were police reports filed and mysteriously went nowhere. Additionally this isn’t a one time incident that is being brought up, rather a series of them over a decade or so. At worst, it’s a massive cover up where numerous women were victims of different levels of assault.

While the Duke Lax case taught us a ton, it isn’t the same situation at all.
If police reports were filed, I would like to see them. With there being so many routes when it comes to these types of charges to charge.
If true you would see not just MSU headed for trouble if charges are looked over or never filed there’s a difference then when a witness is present.
Like stated before I’ll hold all judgement until facts come out.

Many of you seem to think he's guilty until proven innocent.
Everyone should assume he is innocent until proven otherwise. What if it were you or your son being accused?

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
I fully agree we need to get all the facts. That's a given.

However, the recent resignations are particularly damning in my opinion. You don't resign if your oversight was appropriate. You don't give up if you didn't do anything wrong.

Perhaps there were administrators that had no knowledge. I can't say if that was reasonable, however, if you are an administrator you are responsible for the conduct of all of your employees/dependents and the welfare of those that interact with them. In this case, the latter were kids. I don't think the question should be "if" someone had knowledge, but rather "why didn't" they have knowledge.

I hope the facts demonstrate there was no inappropriate conduct. Not because I like or don't like any of the individuals involved, but because no one should have to be subjected to such things.

Also, I do often hear rumblings that the me too movement is out of hand. I find that reprehensible. We shouldn't be telling victims not to speak up because it's getting out of hand. That's awful. However, I agree that we need facts. They are often hard to come by in these situations which makes them difficult and it can be easy to take advantage of the lack of evidence. But it's on individuals observing to get informed, not on the victims. There will always be freeloaders looking to gain something from terrible situations. That's capitalism.

These are strong women speaking up. I hope it continues and I hope people realize this isn't how all, or most men operate. Those that were involved in something terrible should be punished for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: timo0402 and df64
Wasn’t there reports about appling and Payne already that were published when they were at Michigan St?

Reactions: sgrooms
The NCAA just needs to be disbanded and a new consortium of college athletics needs to be constructed by the schools themselves.

Yeah they're nothing more than a puppet to P5 schools and conferences at this point.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT