ADVERTISEMENT

I haven’t anticipated a future Duke player since Zion: Paolo Banchero

Williams, Griffin and Paolo will be a force next year.

And if that Roach/Steward backcourt takes full advantage of the offseason - and by all accounts they are very hard workers with great attitudes, so there is no reason to think they won't - look out!

Our guys are getting a ton of experience this year. It has been painful but we should see results next year. I hate to bring this up but any chance Banchero goes to the G League?

Come on next season. We will be good again. AJ/Paolo could potentially be Zion/RJ 2.0. Not as explosive but better shooters

Paolo is built like an NBA player. He and AJ Griffin look like they will be able to handle the physicality of playing in the ACC. Love Steward and Roach but they aren’t built to handle the physicality of the ACC right now. Paolo and AJ are built like grown men who (to me) won’t have an issue adjusting to the physicality of the game. That’s not to say they won’t ever struggle, but they shouldn’t based on their body types.

I’ll wait until they play their first college game before I say anything.
He’s a good prospect, so is Griffin but it won’t mean a thing unless the guards improve and we have upperclassmen on the floor. I will say that Williams at the five as a sophomore will really help Pablo and Duke shot blocking could be in the top five in the country with those two in the frontcourt.

Reactions: christophero
He's going to be a special player for us next year. He definitely as the physical maturity, hopefully he also has the mental maturity.

Paolo is built like an NBA player. He and AJ Griffin look like they will be able to handle the physicality of playing in the ACC. Love Steward and Roach but they aren’t built to handle the physicality of the ACC right now. Paolo and AJ are built like grown men who (to me) won’t have an issue adjusting to the physicality of the game. That’s not to say they won’t ever struggle, but they shouldn’t based on their body types.
Q AJ ‘s brother at Syracuse is is a very good player.How do these two compare as players

Nice dunk but that other guy looked 6-1 lol. Seriously looking forward to him playing for us. Get Theo John and we will have a man sized frontcourt.

Didn’t realize just how thick Blanchero is. His arms have a bigger diameter than 90-95 of incoming Freshman legs.

Reactions: Quavarius
Didn’t realize just how thick Blanchero is. His arms have a bigger diameter than 90-95 of incoming Freshman legs.

These incoming freshmen are college ready, unlike the previous class who weren’t ready for the physicality of ACC basketball. But Paolo, AJ and Keels will look like college sophomores next season. This class could rival the Zion class.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
Blakes is very solid too. 6'2" and 195. Good size for a high school PG and sounds mentally tough.. Would be a nice get. Really hope this group plays as tough as we think they can.
Banchero
Griffin
Keels
Coleman
John
Blakes
That's some beef for a hoops team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT