ADVERTISEMENT

I have a bet with a local Duke fan...

imajericho

Starter
Aug 26, 2012
For a hundred bucks at 5:1 odds to him. (He wins he gets $500, I win I get $100).

He has Duke for the national championship. I have the Field.

Who is going to win?

I wish I had a local Kentucky fan. They would probably give ME 20:1 odds on Kentucky winning the national championship. Lol

Tell you what, I will take the field and give you the Fighing Luke Maye's for the farm.

For a hundred bucks at 5:1 odds to him. (He wins he gets $500, I win I get $100).

Who is going to win?

I wish I had a local Kentucky fan. They would probably give ME 20:1 odds on Kentucky winning the national championship. Lol
Who cares what you have? Why aren't you picking your fighting uncheats. They have 3 and 4 year players because Roy doesn't(cant) recruit one and dones and you are all so happy to have them.

Who is going to win?

Vegas is currently giving Duke 4:1 odds. So your bet is smart - minus the part where you're more generous than Vegas.

And why would you want to give someone 20:1 odds? They could potentially get $2,000 -while you maximize your value at $100. No thanks.

You're giving better odds than Vegas but winning a title is hard.

Yeah, just from a logical perspective, even with getting slightly lower odds than Vegas, I take the field every time (and hope badly to be wrong!!).

I would take that bet in a NY minute (provided Duke wasn't involved). No matter how great the team too much stuff can happen...injuries, chemistry problems, off shooting night, and just plain old bad luck.

I never bet for or against Duke...that comes after years of experience (more like regret) of letting my heart do the thinking. This bet would apply to all other teams though.

OFC

Last edited:
Vegas is currently giving Duke 4:1 odds. So your bet is smart - minus the part where you're more generous than Vegas.

And why would you want to give someone 20:1 odds? They could potentially get $2,000 -while you maximize your value at $100. No thanks.
I said Kentucky fans are so arrogant and delusional they would probably give me 20:1. Not the other way aroundm. Lol

I would take that bet in a NY minute (provided Duke wasn't involved). No matter how great the team too much stuff can happen...injuries, chemistry problems, off shooting night, and just plain old bad luck.

I never bet for or against Duke...that comes after years of experience (more like regret) of letting my heart do the thinking. This bet would apply to all other teams though.

OFC

That is what I figure. No matter how good a team is on paper, anything can happen. I was surprised he took the bet. He loves betting though.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Who cares what you have? Why aren't you picking your fighting uncheats. They have 3 and 4 year players because Roy doesn't(cant) recruit one and dones and you are all so happy to have them.
Was this an attempt at an insult? = / Thanks I guess.

Who is going to win?

As big of a Duke fan I am I think you have the right bet. Many unprovens for Duke right now and giving 5 to 1 knowing that is just terrible betting IMO. As a caveat here, I never bet on my teams to win. Even with that said you have a great bet. There are some really good team this year on paper, along with Duke. Winning titles is not easy.

The most delicious bet I ever made was right at the start of the 2001-2002 season. I said that UNC wouldn't have an overall winning record - one of my classmates was ready to make a wager right then and there; 15 years later I'm still smiling about that incident. Few people imagined that a team that made 3 of the previous 5 FF's would struggle so mightily. A very underwhelming backcourt will do that to you (Morrison, Boone, Scott).

I said Kentucky fans are so arrogant and delusional they would probably give me 20:1. Not the other way aroundm. Lol
A cheater fan calling another fan base arrogant and delusional. That's the funniest thing I've heard in quite a while.

OFC

Reactions: LetsGoDukies
A cheater fan calling another fan base arrogant and delusional. That's the funniest thing I've heard in quite a while.

OFC
Please be nice to jericho (for now anyway) as he stood up to several of his non supporitive UNC fans today when they didn't support K or the USA team.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I been in Vegas a few times during basketball season when Duke was playing. I have always taken the opportunity to lay some money (not much) on the Blue Devils.

I have never lost.

I'll be the homer. I think your going to be $500 in the hole.

The most delicious bet I ever made was right at the start of the 2001-2002 season. I said that UNC wouldn't have an overall winning record - one of my classmates was ready to make a wager right then and there; 15 years later I'm still smiling about that incident. Few people imagined that a team that made 3 of the previous 5 FF's would struggle so mightily. A very underwhelming backcourt will do that to you (Morrison, Boone, Scott).
= /

I been in Vegas a few times during basketball season when Duke was playing. I have always taken the opportunity to lay some money (not much) on the Blue Devils.

I have never lost.

I'll be the homer. I think your going to be $500 in the hole.
I better not be! Haha.

Please be nice to jericho (for now anyway) as he stood up to several of his non supporitive UNC fans today when they didn't support K or the USA team.
Yea but I see some of his other posts on thr. He bashes Duke and K with the best of them, then comes over here trying to smoke a peace pipe. I'm not falling for it.

OFC

Yea but I see some of his other posts on thr. He bashes Duke and K with the best of them, then comes over here trying to smoke a peace pipe. I'm not falling for it.

OFC
Who cares what he says over at THR? We bash UNC here all the time. He is respectful here and that's all that matters. Some people (not you specifically) get so wound up by any and all UNC fans that probably do need to smoke a peace pipe.

Anyways jericho, give me 10-1 and ill take a $10 bet.

Reactions: tw3301
Well QC and HeLooks2MLikeD he really does bash us on the UNC board but he often does sound reasonable. I don't think we have as much hate for them as they do for us simply because we beat them regulary these days on the court and in recruiting and thats where we vent our dislike for them. I was just saying hats off to them for supporting K and the USA Team at this time like any American should.

Reactions: skysdad
Jericho (sp) is good people. Just because he goes after Duke on his home board isn't a bad thing. He's pretty reasonable, at least. I can handle him not liking us. There's other idiots --- like gary --- who can't find the first sandwich for the picnic.

Jericho (sp) is good people. Just because he goes after Duke on his home board isn't a bad thing. He's pretty reasonable, at least. I can handle him not liking us. There's other idiots --- like gary --- who can't find the first sandwich for the picnic.
Is that worse than saying a few sandwiches short of a picnic?

Reactions: dbav
I agree. We go after UNC on this board, strongly. Maybe not to the degree than SOME do over there, but we are rivals and we should not like each other. However I think Jericho has been reasonably fair over there that I have seen, and he has done nothing here to warrant too much ill will. Outside of being a UNC fan that is.

I agree. We go after UNC on this board, strongly. Maybe not to the degree than SOME do over there, but we are rivals and we should not like each other. However I think Jericho has been reasonably fair over there that I have seen, and he has done nothing here to warrant too much ill will. Outside of being a UNC fan that is.
Don't they ban people over there that haven't even posted over there....

let's not be like them. until you warrant it here, you're fine.

Reactions: dbav
Don't they ban people over there that haven't even posted over there....

let's not be like them. until you warrant it here, you're fine.
Yeah timo, and I was one they banned and had not even posted over there. You are correct, we do not ban people for things they say elsewhere. I am sure you haven't done so into your young moderator life. It does nothing for the board. I personally like having differing opinions and the freedom to express them within reason.

Yeah timo, and I was one they banned and had not even posted over there. You are correct, we do not ban people for things they say elsewhere. I am sure you haven't done so into your young moderator life. It does nothing for the board. I personally like having differing opinions and the freedom to express them within reason.
I knew it was you so i brought it up. And you're right I haven't banned anyone yet. I hope not to have to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT