ADVERTISEMENT

Hoos defense coming to you guys, think you can handle it

Pounding my chest?.....wow you must be a little touchy. Please tell me what I have pounded my chest about?
My point is, if you’re team wasn’t (and I don’t even know what you’re record is,)and ranked #2 in the country, you wouldn’t be over here on our board before we play. It happens here every year. You may win tomorrow who knows? If you do I’ll congratulate you, but we have bigger si6hts for our team than one regular season game. Hopefully you can join us in San Antonio. That would be great for the conference.

Reactions: hart2chesson
My point is, if you’re team wasn’t (and I don’t even know what you’re record is,)and ranked #2 in the country, you wouldn’t be over here on our board before we play. It happens here every year. You may win tomorrow who knows? If you do I’ll congratulate you, but we have bigger si6hts for our team than one regular season game. Hopefully you can join us in San Antonio. That would be great for the conference.

I feel al lot like this too and almost posted it yesterday but wasn't quite sure how I wanted to word it. I think this game is being a little bit overblown. It is just another regular season game. It does potentially have a big impact on who wins the ACC regular season, but I don't keep track of ACC regular season titles, and don't even know if we have the most or not. What I do keep track of is national titles, and this game really has no impact on that. It's a regular season game against a team that has never won a national title and is not really a Duke rival. I want to win, but I also wanted to beat Boston College. If we win number 6 this year, I don't care at ALL what our ACC record was.

I feel al lot like this too and almost posted it yesterday but wasn't quite sure how I wanted to word it. I think this game is being a little bit overblown. It is just another regular season game. It does potentially have a big impact on who wins the ACC regular season, but I don't keep track of ACC regular season titles, and don't even know if we have the most or not. What I do keep track of is national titles, and this game really has no impact on that. It's a regular season game against a team that has never won a national title and is not really a Duke rival. I want to win, but I also wanted to beat Boston College. If we win number 6 this year, I don't care at ALL what our ACC record was.
Amen.....my thoughts exactly

K doesn't use his bench in blowout games. They don't develop reserve skills and he has no confidence to use them in tight, tough games.
Starters minutes: 40, 40, 40, 37, 37 Bench: 0 points, 2 rebounds

Are we gonna win the NCAA's that way?

K doesn't use his bench in blowout games. They don't develop reserve skills and he has no confidence to use them in tight, tough games.

Dude stfu. The mods haven't realized who you are yet but it's coming, your act is tired.

Reactions: QC Dukie and GAAP

No, we aren't gonna win it. We don't have a chance with our under developed bench and poor coaching. It's probably gonna be Villanova. If you hurry, you might can still get on fanatics and get you a 'Nova shirt before they are sold out.

Good game guys....the win meant more in the big picture to us. You guys will still get a great seed and be fine. Hoos needed this one to get any credit from the press and the selection committee. I believe Hoos have more offensive weapons this year than any in Bennett’s teams at UVA. Good Luck rest of season and have a sneaky feeling we meet again...

Good game guys....the win meant more in the big picture to us. You guys will still get a great seed and be fine. Hoos needed this one to get any credit from the press and the selection committee. I believe Hoos have more offensive weapons this year than any in Bennett’s teams at UVA. Good Luck rest of season and have a sneaky feeling we meet again...

Thanks, and congrats on the win. It didn't go the way I wanted, but it was a tough, and hard fought game like I thought it would be. Every game is a learning experience with a team as young as ours, and i think playing against that defense will bear fruit down the road.

This Virginia team is excellent, and will certainly be a team to contend with in the NCAA's. Good luck in the future, unless, of course, we meet again.

OFC

“Fans” saying Duke won’t go far cuz our bench does not score a lot, FYI we do not need them to score a lot. We just need our bench to spell the starters, play great defense and make hustle plays like Jefferson, MP3, Allen did in 2015 and MP1, MP2, and Dawkins did in 2010. I hope Coach trusts O’Connell, DeLaurier, and Goldwire to do that for this squad from here on out.

Hats off to the Cavs. They played very wrll and deserved the win.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Dude stfu. The mods haven't realized who you are yet but it's coming, your act is tired.

You remind me of a Central American dictator with a pot belly and a handlebar moustache
who has little better to do than criticize new posters who disagree with YOUR lofty opinions.
STFU isn't in our conference anymore. Remember?

Wow, Show was right, it's definitely you again. A little annoying that I keep having to ignore new usernames for the same person.

Reactions: PHXDukie

Cav's are really good. No denying it. With Grayson shooting like he was earlier in the year, and not so many turnovers, I think we win it, but candy and nuts right? You guys are solid

“Fans” saying Duke won’t go far cuz our bench does not score a lot, FYI we do not need them to score a lot. We just need our bench to spell the starters, play great defense and make hustle plays like Jefferson, MP3, Allen did in 2015 and MP1, MP2, and Dawkins did in 2010. I hope Coach trusts O’Connell, DeLaurier, and Goldwire to do that for this squad from here on out.

I went and looked at starters playing time on some of our championship games that we won. We had some where the fewest minutes a starter got was 31......hmmmm
In 2010 two guys played all 40 and there were a couple with 37.......maybe K knows a little something after all???

Reactions: dukesince91
I went and looked at starters playing time on some of our championship games that we won. We had some where the fewest minutes a starter got was 31......hmmmm
In 2010 two guys played all 40 and there were a couple with 37.......maybe K knows a little something after all???
Nahhhh......the coaches on here know waaaaaaay more than K.

I read that article awhile back. Do you have the link?

I read that article awhile back. Do you have the link?

It wasn't an article, I just googled the box scores from our championship games to see how many minutes everyone played. In most cases, all starters played at least 35' and maybe one guy from the bench had around 10

It wasn't an article, I just googled the box scores from our championship games to see how many minutes everyone played. In most cases, all starters played at least 35' and maybe one guy from the bench had around 10

Oh ok. There was an article on one of the sites that stated when Duke plays at 5 players at least 33 mins a game they either win a title or go on a deep run. When he plays his bench more we get upset early

Congrats. I have the same feeling we'll be seeing each other again as well. And if it is the NCAA tourney, there won't be more than 4 teams left at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT