ADVERTISEMENT

Duke will not participate in Tournament if there is one

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Hear me out:
-2019-20 Flu season has somewhere between 12-20k deaths with 280,000 cases per CDC.
- Covid 4K deaths with 130k cases per CDC.

Quite similar ratio.

I understand trying to contain the virus but shut down the entire country? No school, activities, sports, community events etc...

Seems a bit much to me.

Hear me out:
-2019-20 Flu season has somewhere between 12-20k deaths with 280,000 cases per CDC.
- Covid 4K deaths with 130k cases per CDC.

Quite similar ratio.

I understand trying to contain the virus but shut down the entire country? No school, activities, sports, community events etc...

Seems a bit much to me.

HUGE difference:

There is no vaccine for Cornoavirus compared to the flu. What is the breakdown of those who died from the flu who also refused to get the flu shot?

Also, Coronavirus is more contagious than the flu.

Reactions: ioliva
HUGE difference:

There is no vaccine for Cornoavirus compared to the flu. What is the breakdown of those who died from the flu who also refused to get the flu shot?

Well Tom Hanks said he's achy and slight fever. If America's most trusted actor feels ok with Covid then it must not be that bad.

Reactions: nboehman
HUGE difference:

Well Tm Hanks said he's achy and slight fever. If America's most trusted actor feels ok with Covid then it must not be that bad.

Well Tm Hanks said he's achy and slight fever. If America's most trusted actor feels ok with Covid then it must not be that bad.

:)

Thankfully the majority of people will recover from this thing, and while Hanks is older, I would wager he is in pretty good health, as far as people his age go. Fingers crossed he does fine, guy is awesome.

Oh, and if you haven't seen the trailer for Greyhound yet... holy hell, I cannot wait:)

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...3f690db2a243ddd5ead4a7eea174c14e&action=click

They just said on ESPN that the ACC has suspended all Athletic related activities including all competition, formal and organized practice, recruiting and participation in NCAA championships until further notice. So it looks like there might not be any ACC teams participating in the NCAA Tournament even if it doesn’t get cancelled.

Reactions: Quavarius
This is not unique to our country. China basically did the same thing. Now, Italy and the rest of Europe are all following suit as well. Guess the whole planet has gone soft.

In Italy they are literally deciding who is worth saving and who is left to die because of lack of hospital beds and care providers. When did we develope such a lack of care for our elderly.

All of this is simply about helping to prevent spread of the virus to protect those who can't fight it. If that's an overreaction to save a few old people, so be it.

In Italy they are literally deciding who is worth saving and who is left to die because of lack of hospital beds and care providers. When did we develope such a lack of care for our elderly.

All of this is simply about helping to prevent spread of the virus to protect those who can't fight it. If that's an overreaction to save a few old people, so be it.

EXACTLY!

Seeing a lot of people choosing basketball over Grandma/Grandpa! Talk about soft

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT