ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UTAH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Where the flip do people get off saying this Duke team isn't very good?! We are just as good as EVERY other team out there. UK Lost to OSU today and they're awful. This is a down year and nobody is going to "look good" every night. I thought we looked good today considering the circumstances. Probably 15-20 teams have a shot to win the ship and we are one of them so all you Debbie downers need to chill or post some when we win and brag on the team some. I'm really ok with this team and ready to see how much more we grow!
Yea at least Utah is much much better than Ohio State! Sucks UNCheat didn't lose though.

So to clarify...if I'm a Duke fan I automatically have to think they are good and title contenders and if I don't think they are that good and not title contenders I am clearly not a Duke fan...ok
We all get how you feel about this team. If our struggles bother you this much you might consider logging off before ACC season starts.

Reactions: pisgah101
I'm not going to concede to the notion that this team is "below Duke standard", although it's pretty easy to see its not a championship make up type roster. We will compete every single night and win a bunch more then we lose .

It's a great group of guys. It's so easy, for me anyways, to sit back and just completely enjoy the process. We're coming off a championship for F sakes, if ya can't find the beauty in a tiny "rebuild" then your simply not a real fan of the game, program, team or greatest coach of all!!!!

We're gonna lose some and probably even get beat real good a few times here yet but every minute is going harden a group of damn good kids!!!

I love Duke basketball, it's truly a way of life for me. Seasons and players come and go entirely to fast for me not to sit back enjoy and appreciate!!!

Life's mighty mighty fine being a Duke fan

You guys aren't effectively using the all mighty 'ignore'.
This probably makes life a lot better! As for losing some games by a lot. I don't think a team out there is capable of blowing us out lol nobody is that good this year

I've disagreed with a lot of things K-oach Q has said in the past, but I happen to agree with some things he is saying. Can our weaknesses be fixed? Some can, some can't.

1. Our point guard (DT) is going to have to develop some consistency and not try
to force too much.

2. Without Amile our frontline is in some trouble (Chase must improve, and fast)

3. We've got to figure out which defense is our best (we'll always be a M2M team,
but I think we need to just pick one zone defense and stick with it).

We can fix 1&3, I just think our front line is our Achilles this year.

I don't think people knew how much Big Jah made the game so easy for everyone last year. I guess I'm Old School, but with a true gifted big man it's much easier to win a championship. I think we will be good, just not great. Luckily there have been some good teams that have won it all!

The main thing is our guards need to get separation for lay ups....I don't mean by being faster, they need to get space going up to make the shot blocker go through them instead of over them! This can be done in a couple of ways but they should get better as time goes on, go up and extend out, don't just run towards the end line and throw it up...they could also slow down like Chris Paul and throw the defender off to create a foul, just lack of experience.

Reactions: DukeDenver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT