ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs unc tickets

ioliva

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2009
im planning on going all out this year and purchasing duke vs unc tickets at Cameron for me and my dad. I know I’m going to pay for it and I’m ready. What price range can I expect and when should I expect to see them on 3rd party sites?

Last edited:
im planning on going all out this year and purchasing duke vs unc tickets at Cameron for me and my dad. I know I’m going to pay for it and I’m ready. What price range can I expect and when should I expect to see them on 3rd party sites?
I’ve seen them selling for as much as $1000+ per ticket. My dad is the superintendent at the local country club where I live about 20 minutes north of Durham and one of the members of the country club has season tickets but never goes to the games, so he sells or gives the tickets away and I believe that my dad told me that the guy sells his Duke/UNC tickets for $750 for the pair. That’s why I’ll probably never get to go to the Duke UNC game at Cameron because there’s no way that I could afford the tickets.

I’ve seen them selling for as much as $1000+ per ticket. My dad is the superintendent at the local country club where I live about 20 minutes north of Durham and one of the members of the country club has season tickets but never goes to the games, so he sells or gives the tickets away and I believe that my dad told me that the guy sells his Duke/UNC tickets for $750 for the pair. That’s why I’ll probably never get to go to the Duke UNC game at Cameron because there’s no way that I could afford the tickets.
Depending on location, $1000/ticket is VERY inexpensive.

When you said "all out" that's where you'll have to go to score a couple. I've been to 5 AT the Dean Dome but still haven't experienced it at Cameron. Good luck my friend!

When you said "all out" that's where you'll have to go to score a couple. I've been to 5 AT the Dean Dome but still haven't experienced it at Cameron. Good luck my friend!
My daughter got me tickets for this game and was the most exciting sports events that I have been to.Good luck and hope you get to go because for it was the ultimate bucket list

$750 for a pair in Cameron??? That's dirt cheap. I paid more than that for a pair of good seats to see Duke - Texas Tech last year in Madison Square Garden. Yeah, it's crazy, but it's supply and demand. I suppose it is one of the only negatives of being a fan of the greatest program in the country.

Whew, this is a tough ticket...well, expensive anyway! I've never been to a Duke/UNC at Cameron, but I had a chance or two in the old days, but something always came up that stopped me from going (dammit...the same way with ELVIS :mad:).

Anyway, @Skeelow22 scored a ticket(s) a couple years back to fulfill one of his bucket list items. I think he may have some tips (from his efforts) for possible ways to snag a couple of tickets for the least amount of dough (still going to be very expensive though). Good luck, ioliva!

OFC

Reactions: Skeelow22
Backt in 1997, i sold a pari for $2,500.if you go online, your will pay alteat $2,500

Funny story, embarrassing really, when we were young, my UNC buddy Johnny and I bought 4 tix to Duke /UNC at the Dean Dome. I told him even though they were expensive, we'd scalp two and pay for all 4. When we arrived early, we saw several people get busted for scalping. I didn't realize how serious it all was, we got so worried about getting busted we ended up selling the other two for face value. All in all, i didn't care, Duke won, Johnny moaned the whole way home. :D

Reactions: HonkeyT and skysdad
Whew, this is a tough ticket...well, expensive anyway! I've never been to a Duke/UNC at Cameron, but I had a chance or two in the old days, but something always came up that stopped me from going (dammit...the same way with ELVIS :mad:).

Anyway, @Skeelow22 scored a ticket(s) a couple years back to fulfill one of his bucket list items. I think he may have some tips (from his efforts) for possible ways to snag a couple of tickets for the least amount of dough (still going to be very expensive though). Good luck, ioliva!

OFC

ODD is right.

I splurged back in February 2013 and dropped around $1700 going through Stubhub for 1 ticket front row upper level (behind the UNC bench). After getting a hotel, food, etc.. it was over $2,000 just for myself a 2-3 day vacation lol. No regrets spending that much. It was a bucket list item that I am glad I done. I even documented my experience using my phone and Sony digital camera at the time. Will try to post the link from Youtube.

If you do it. My advice. Get a hotel very close to campus for 2-3 days. Get there the day before. Be there on campus hours before the game the day of. Hang out in Kville and take in the full experience. If Duke wins (they better!) head out to I think it was the middle of campus and watch the bonfire. They were burning the benches and chanting "Go to Hell Carolina"... was cool to see. Cameron for the Unc game is unlike anything I have ever seen. Super loud and intense the whole game. But yeah other than Stubhub I'm not sure how to find that ticket. And you will pay for it. It is like a Superbowl ticket.

However, back in I think it was 2014... when NC had the bad snow... i was able to get 2 Duke vs. Unc tickets at Unc for like $450ish.

Hope you have a good time!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
$750 for a pair in Cameron??? That's dirt cheap. I paid more than that for a pair of good seats to see Duke - Texas Tech last year in Madison Square Garden. Yeah, it's crazy, but it's supply and demand. I suppose it is one of the only negatives of being a fan of the greatest program in the country.
The crazy thing is that if I’m remembering correctly, after selling his Duke/UNC tickets for $750, that covers the cost of what he pays for his season tickets plus $300. I believe he’s an older guy that’s had season tickets for decades.

Last edited:
My wife and I went a couple years ago and we paid a little over 3k for second row behind the basket in the upper bowl. My grandma passed away and left a little bit of money to us grandkids, so I wanted to do something special with it. It was a time that I will never forget!

Reactions: timo0402
I see on stubhub you can buy tickets in the student section, section 17... is that really allowed? Or can only students buy those from other students?

I see on stubhub you can buy tickets in the student section, section 17... is that really allowed? Or can only students buy those from other students?
You will have to have a student id with you

Thanks for the replies guys! I’m super stoked. I moved for a job and sold my house for a really pretty penny :D so I HAVE no excuse. I have to do this for me and the old man. I probably won’t be able to spend 2-3 days in Durham ( teacher life) but am planning on staying at the Washington duke! Any specific section I should look into sitting at? Sections I should avoid?

Diehard would your dad be interested in selling them to me by chance?

Thanks for the replies guys! I’m super stoked. I moved for a job and sold my house for a really pretty penny :D so I HAVE no excuse. I have to do this for me and the old man. I probably won’t be able to spend 2-3 days in Durham ( teacher life) but am planning on staying at the Washington duke! Any specific section I should look into sitting at? Sections I should avoid?

Diehard would your dad be interested in selling them to me by chance?
It’s not my dad that has them. It’s a member at the country club that my dad is the superintendent at and I believe the member that has season tickets sells his Duke/UNC tickets to the same person every season.

It’s not my dad that has them. It’s a member at the country club that my dad is the superintendent at and I believe the member that has season tickets sells his Duke/UNC tickets to the same person every season.

No worries man!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT