ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PITT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

a key possession to cut the lead and we TO the pass and give a subsequent 3....hurting ourselves

well what do you know.....in the game but can we sustain this effort? Been much more energy the last 10 mins...just need to have that killer instinct to drive the momentum home. Lets see it!

Roach, Steward, Moore, Johnson, Hurt is our best 5. Goldwire can be the 6th man. Anything we get out of the rest of the roster is gravy, but there’s just not a lot there right now after the first 5.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Win or lose, they’ve had a really good second half!

first 5 of the 2nd wasn't good...last 15 much better effort if we can push to the end. Just haven't seen them start a half like this so they need to build on this effort

a missed 3 kills us and then a missed lay up....defense wasn't there in the end.....congrats to Capel

We didn't give up and played with more effort in the second half than the first.

However, I guess it's time to have real conversations on whether or not we get into the Tourney.

Zone helped but if we play any team with a decent PG and an inside presence we are toast. Shooting is a major issue just like last year. Miss the days of JJ/Allen/Trajon etc that could hit a 3 and a dagger ....20 missed 3's are like TO's for us...make 5 2pt fg's out of those trips and we win....our IQ isn't good and situation game management seems poor. Better effort tonight but we arent moving forward in terms of consistency or identity.

In order to blame Baker he has to stay in the game longer . If he’s not an ACC player then neither is Brakeafield, Tape, Coleman, Goldwire .
But yet we just let a three star player go to 33 on our five stars so I guess their three star is the ideal ACC player I’m lost.
My last point no need for Duke to recruit big men. Got three no real play and Hurt couldn’t guard my daughter.

I guess you can see what it could potentially be. They made Pitt uncomfortable, but just did a few things at bad times that killed the momentum. Credit to Pitt for not falling apart. They have looked truly horrible at times this year, so I’m encouraged by the 13 or so minute stretch there in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT