ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PITT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m off to bed. This season is done with and this team isn’t making the tournament. Watching Duke basketball this year isn’t even close to an enjoyable experience anymore. One of the worst Duke teams I’ve seen.

If I’m Goldwire , I don’t return if I’m Baker I leave because if anyone thinks these two are the reason for Dukes loses get serious. It’s all these five star, first round draft picks that can not buy into college ball. Hurt can’t guard anyone, Johnson is either not one hundred percent or was very over rated, Steward isn’t big enough to play Sg or combo in the league and is to inconsistent and Roach is a scoring guard not a pg. when a three star outshines a bunch of five star first round believed draft picks its time to re evaluate things.

If I’m Goldwire , I don’t return if I’m Baker I leave because if anyone thinks these two are the reason for Dukes loses get serious. It’s all these five star, first round draft picks that can not buy into college ball. Hurt can’t guard anyone, Johnson is either not one hundred percent or was very over rated, Steward isn’t big enough to play Sg or combo in the league and is to inconsistent and Roach is a scoring guard not a pg. when a three star outshines a bunch of five star first round believed draft picks its time to re evaluate things.

Hard to argue with any of this. Capel has his team playing harder and more organized than us for sure. Individual talent cannot beat teamwork in any sport

Was he a freshman?
Nope he sat on the bench for 3 1/2 years before he got his burn. All I’m saying is you gotta play em for them to become seasoned players. They have to learn by trial and error. If Boozer would not have gotten hurt Saunders would have sit there and averaged his few minutes a game forever. If nothing else Williams could give Duke 5 fouls and make the other team at least earn it from the free throw line instead of watching a layup and dunk show. We certainly have no resistance on defense with what we are doing now.

this is on K

Ok Coach K you need to put yourself into the game and play some defense especially getting out and guard the three, hit the boards, make your shots, stop fouling so much, get to the free throw line and make those free throws, out hustle Pitt and make some 3 pointers. Yea it's all your fault. OFC

Nope he sat on the bench for 3 1/2 years before he got his burn. All I’m saying is you gotta play em for them to become seasoned players. They have to learn by trial and error. If Boozer would not have gotten hurt Saunders would have sit there and averaged his few minutes a game forever. If nothing else Williams could give Duke 5 fouls and make the other team at least earn it from the free throw line instead of watching a layup and dunk show. We certainly have no resistance on defense with what we are doing now.

Big difference between a freshman that's clearly not ready and a guy 1/2 way thru his senior year.

Williams can wait a while or transfer...up to him

Baker is not going to see playing time if he comes in and plays lost like those couple of minutes. I don't understand it

Ok Coach K you need to put yourself into the game and play some defense especially getting out and guard the three, hit the boards, make your shots, stop fouling so much, get to the free throw line and make those free throws, out hustle Pitt and make some 3 pointers. Yea it's all your fault. OFC

Does he get any blame?

Ever?

Honestly if you can list that many problems.....there probably is a coaching problem....

I’m sorry loyal Duke fan but at this moment Duke is border line 16 seed (play in game ) or NIT. Simply can not defend around the rim and are to soft around it.
Unfortunately I believe we are NIT bound if Coach would accept. But then we would play those second tier teams loaded with seniors and they would bully the hell out of this team and beat them

Reactions: Rocketman101
I’m all for a hard fought loss but when a 6’4” guard is out rebounding your entire front line that’s an issue. Simply attack the basket quit jacking up outside shots no one on this team hits them consistent. And for Christ sakes establish a locked in starting line up and role with it. If Brakesfield is jumping every jump ball and you got three players, six ten or better that’s a cause for concern .

Reactions: geddoughton23
It isn't entirely on K, but it is partly. He's gotten so used to coaching Team USA and NBA-ready freshman. A K 10 or 15 years ago could do more with this team.

Is Hurt really NBA ready? 2 rebounds and 1-5 shooting....vs Champagnie 17/10 in the half....its night and day in strength too.

Everyone needs to get off Baker. He burnt his redshirt for nothing and ball watched last year . This would really be his first year at getting real minutes . Yet we play small ball run no plays for shooters and he’s just another body in practice.

Or when we take a three or jumper can someone roll to the rim to attempt to get a rebound.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
This team just has NO shooters. Hurt is ok if he is wide open with his set shot but I wouldn’t even call him a great shooter. Need to start recruiting 4* star guys that can fill it up from out side. No shooters and no post game is not a good combination. This stinks.

We make at 3 just enough to make us think we should take them....and miss more. Its like in golf, you get that one hole or shot that makes you think you know what you are doing.....but its a lie!

People just need to realize baker just isn't very good and imo not an acc player....would be better off at creighton or somewhere similar

Think i saw that coach K has only ever lost to Brey as a former assistant....Capel could be the second to do it...time left but looking likely unless we find some defense

When the freshman arive next season the duke hype will start lol. We could not even make final 4 with zion, how much talent does k need

I’m a Penn State football fan as well as a Duke bball fan. The similarities are there as both teams were overly cautious on covid protocols. Both coaches valued the health of their players over proceeding like their wasn’t a pandemic.

It impacted the off season and the preseason. Other teams who are missing games and having positive tests were business as usual.

Penn St started out 0-5 then went on a late run and won last 4. My point is this team will come together.

When the freshman arive next season the duke hype will start lol. We could not even make final 4 with zion, how much talent does k need
OAD is not the blueprint for making FF runs. They can be fun to watch at times but you will not hang banners unless you have talented upperclassmen to lead!

Reactions: wcu1113
Team is fighting and for a young team to push and fight when nothing goes your way. I’ll take it... now we have plenty of time to get back into it.. rebound, play d and move the ball on offense

Reactions: germantondevil
The year before that, same result. Best talent on paper but couldnt break 70 points in the Elite Eight. TBH that team probably should have lost in the second round

Reactions: germantondevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT