ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

People on here get so butt hurt and call people names when they don't agree with another person's opinion...or god forbid someone says a bad word about K
Alas, we agree! God forbid we say a remotely negative thing on K.

No doubt he is the greatest coach ever IMO but he isn't above criticism...nobody is perfect not even K....but some here would argue that as well
Agreed, my statement on the game passing him by is not an insult. Not everyone is at the top of their game forever.

I’m beginning to wonder if Jalen will in fact get drafted this year. Going 19-19 against a small Coppin State (currently 6-9) but not coming close to replicating it against anyone else doesn’t blow me away. He’s not a great shooter, can’t dribble to create his shot, he makes lots of sloppy passes and fouls a lot. Does his high school career make him draft-worthy based on potential? Cassius, Tre and Vernon weren’t ready for prime time NBA, but at least they had a body of work that showed they could compete against high level Division 1 competition.

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but I think you might have missed the Pitt game when he went for 24/15/7 and 4 blocks.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Virginia wins 81-58. Jay Huff had 21 points and 12 rebounds on 8 of 11 shooting with a 3 and 4 of 4 on FTs. Huff's father, Mike, was the Director of the Michael Krzyzewski Human Performance Laboratory at Duke. Jay Huff grew up a huge Duke fan

Virginia wins 81-58. Jay Huff had 21 points and 12 rebounds on 8 of 11 shooting with a 3 and 4 of 4 on FTs. Huff's father, Mike, was the Director of the Michael Krzyzewski Human Performance Laboratory at Duke. Jay Huff grew up a huge Duke fan
Good thing we got javelin Delaurier and Marques Colden

why is it that stiffs such as jack salt and Jay Huff get better with each year while our burger bois suchs as jav and Bolden have trouble with catching a ball or not foul?

I guess that when you can't conjure up any actual rebuttal, name-calling and slurs are the next best things.

What was there to rebut? You know, when you attack me personally and the way I post I think you deserve to be called out for it. There was no need for you to comment on what I had stated with your condescending bullshit tone. No wonder people are posting here less and less.

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but I think you might have missed the Pitt game when he went for 24/15/7 and 4 blocks.
Fair point well taken. But IMO he’ll need to do that more regularly to justify using a draft pick on him. Too many nights he’s been invisible, or visible for the wrong reasons. Don’t get me wrong, I hope he averages a double-double the rest of the way!

Agreed. Obviously Suggs would’ve been a huge upgrade but would he have made us a title contender? Not likely. I’d rather take a chance on Roach over the next 3-4 years than 1 of Suggs.

kinda like gordon for 1 yr or nolan smith for 4 years iirc

Agreed. Obviously Suggs would’ve been a huge upgrade but would he have made us a title contender? Not likely. I’d rather take a chance on Roach over the next 3-4 years than 1 of Suggs.
Roach and Suggs could’ve played together. Steward would’ve been left out

What was there to rebut? You know, when you attack me personally and the way I post I think you deserve to be called out for it. There was no need for you to comment on what I had stated with your condescending bullshit tone. No wonder people are posting here less and less.
The lady doth protest/whine too much.

Sorry but suggs is better than tre imo
There was no guarantee that Suggs would have chosen Duke. Suggs said he wanted offers from both Duke and Kentucky. He was still considering going pro at the time he signed with Gonzaga. Some thought that he may have wanted to play college football, too.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Freshman Kyrie would of wiped the floor with a freshman Suggs, if you wanna go back 10 years. Hard to go against Tyus Jones who won Final 4 MOP, and I agree I'd take a sophomore (and definitely a junior Tre Jones) over Suggs.

Complaining about who we recruited/didn't recruit is such a UK thing to do. All fans complain about nowadays is too many OAD guys and not enough leadership, and now idiots complaining about how we should have taken this stud OAD, who by the way wouldn't be around next year when Duke should be loaded and will be K's best chance yet for #6.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Freshman Kyrie would of wiped the floor with a freshman Suggs, if you wanna go back 10 years. Hard to go against Tyus Jones who won Final 4 MOP, and I agree I'd take a sophomore (and definitely a junior Tre Jones) over Suggs.

Complaining about who we recruited/didn't recruit is such a UK thing to do. All fans complain about nowadays is too many OAD guys and not enough leadership, and now idiots complaining about how we should have taken this stud OAD, who by the way wouldn't be around next year when Duke should be loaded and will be K's best chance yet for #6.

I'd definitely take Tyus and Tre over Suggs. Kyrie healthy all season? Then, yes. There's very few of our point guards I would take Suggs over. Of course if we go back further, Greg Paulus? Yep, haha I have a love/hate thing with Paulus though. I think Jeremy is going to be a great player for us eventually. We've seen flashes of it from him, Steward, and Brakefield. I don't understand why people are wishing they had this guy and that guy. We have who we have. Let's ride this season out with the horses we got and see where it takes us. Also, most of the people complaining about these players right now will be singing their praises next year around this time.

There was no guarantee that Suggs would have chosen Duke. Suggs said he wanted offers from both Duke and Kentucky. He was still considering going pro at the time he signed with Gonzaga. Some thought that he may have wanted to play college football, too.

I didn't mean it like that...just meant imo suggs is better than tre

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT