ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Kentucky to open season

crazyduke3

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 28, 2010
Just announced tip is at 9 freaking 30 eastern time on a Tuesday. Ughhhhhh.

but hey we are getting really close to the final run with K!

Reactions: sheyduke
Just announced tip is at 9 freaking 30 eastern time on a Tuesday. Ughhhhhh.

but hey we are getting really close to the final run with K!

The last time Duke and Kentucky played, it was a 9:30PM start and it didn't actually start until 10PM or so.

That is pretty late for a start, especially those of us who have young children that get up at 5AM.

Reactions: tw3301 and sheyduke
The last time Duke and Kentucky played, it was a 9:30PM start and it didn't actually start until 10PM or so.

That is pretty late for a start, especially those of us who have young children that get up at 5AM.
Or those of us that get up at 4:30 in the morning

Talk about late - I was in Barcelona when Zion and company threw that magnificent beat down on Kentucky. And I still couldn’t get to sleep after the game, I was so pumped….

That game was truly glorious. I actually recorded it and didn't intend to watch it until I found out if we won.

Then I logged on to one of these boards in the second half and could quickly tell from the comments we were playing well. Then when I checked ESPN and saw the score...

Played the recording very quickly and enjoyed every second of that pistol whipping.

Last time, the game was also over about 15 minutes after it started. Hopefully, we run them out of the gym again.

The last time against Kentucky, I DVR'd the game and went into work telling everyone not to tell me the score because I was watching it when I got home.

One of my co-workers said to me, he wouldn't tell me the score or who won, but that Duke needed to work on a few things.

I thought, crap, that might mean they lost. When I got home and watched the game, I kept thinking, what do they need to work on, they are killing Kentucky? My co-worker said later that he was just kidding and wanted to make me nervous before watching.

I'm hoping we can do something similar in a few weeks.

I’m taking a shot of Jamison every three we make ! So I hope we got a bunch lol. Not expecting a blow out just a good overall effort.
Hope you're not working the next day. Hopefully you won't be sober at halftime. I've been hearing raves about the Kentucky freshman pg.

Reactions: jeffrey236
Hope you're not working the next day. Hopefully you won't be sober at halftime. I've been hearing raves about the Kentucky freshman pg.
Tyty and Roach will be a good early season matchup. Lol I might be aged a little bit but these millennials ain’t got nothing on me lol.

Reactions: christophero
I fully expect a double digit win. I believe they have zero answer for Paolo and Mark. Keels is as good as Ty Ty and if Ty Ty is better than Moore, he's the only one they have that is. I'm thinking Duke by 14+

I like your thinking and really hope that you are right.
I believe it 100%. Mark is bigger than Oscar, so if they try to double team Paolo, that's going to leave Mark wide open, or in a mismatch. Shooters are streaky no matter who they are, so difficult to say who will shoot the ball the best. Both teams have good shooters, but I can't see them figuring out what to do down low between Mark and Paolo

Last edited:
One thing I don't get though, is they are predicting uk to out rebound us???

Here is the breakdown on their site

Total score Duke 76 Ky 70.44
Field goal % Duke 46.8 Ky 41.6
3 point % Duke 35.1 ky 33.6
Free throw % duke 69.08 ky 72.89
Rebounds duke 35.33 ky 38.04

I would be surprised if they out rebound Duke with Mark and Paolo down low

I had no idea UK is so small this year, likely starting line up:

5’8
6’3
6’5
6’6
6’9

Williams and Paolo should have a field day on the boards. Now that said, I have a lot of doubt with Roach. Hope he brings his A+ game....

I had no idea UK is so small this year, likely starting line up:

5’8
6’3
6’5
6’6
6’9

Williams and Paolo should have a field day on the boards. Now that said, I have a lot of doubt with Roach. Hope he brings his A+ game....
Wow! I didn't realize their starting 5 was that small.

Can we afford to play 2 bigs? Hopefully their speed doesnt force us to go small. Someone will have their way.

I don’t understand the lack of confidence in Roach. He was a way better player in February/March than he was earlier in the season. IMO he makes a Quinn Cook “sophomore year” jump which is great for Duke.

Blue Devils win by 10+ points, kentucky fans blame the refs for another loss, rinse and repeat.

If Roach makes the soph. jump all of our questions will be answered, assuming Keels continues like this. (and he might be up and down like most freshman) But Roach needs to prove himself. Nothing wrong with that, but he is the difference between sweet 16 and cutting down the nets.

I don’t understand the lack of confidence in Roach. He was a way better player in February/March than he was earlier in the season. IMO he makes a Quinn Cook “sophomore year” jump which is great for Duke.

Blue Devils win by 10+ points, kentucky fans blame the refs for another loss, rinse and repeat.
This is where I am

The Kentucky game will show where we are.
I don’t believe so. It surely will show some weaknesses and strengths . If UK is really that small I can see K going small and Duke better be strong with the ball. If they our rebound Us we have issues moving forward.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT