ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS INDIANA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Wish we had one more tough game before ACC play. At FSU will be a totally different opponent.

Texas Tech won’t be a pushover. They’d be lower half of the ACC for sure, but they won’t just roll over. I also don’t expect that one to be insanely close, but we’ll have to execute well coming off of one day’s rest.

Don’t shoot real well from 3, bad from the line and win by 21. That’s what the vintage Duke teams used to do to people.

Well I guess ole crappers ref theory didn’t pan out. I see they called 24 fouls on us and 20 on Indiana. What else you got cupcake?

Where is all the Bilas hate. OFC
He's the best analyst or whatever you want to call him. I think he's learned over the years that it was ok, when the camera is on, that the fans knew he played for K at Duke. Always seemed like he went out of his way trying to be fair, for fear of being called a homer.
The scene with him and Walton in Maui, where they are standing at the surfboard with all the participating teams in it, and Bilas says "here's Duke way up here at the top," that's something he would never have said a few years ago. He calls it like he sees it as well.

Does anyone think that RJ and Cam should have their minutes staggered more? It seems like there's a lot of overlap in their game, and when RJ is on the floor he's the focal point and Cam becomes more passive.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Texas Tech won’t be a pushover. They’d be lower half of the ACC for sure, but they won’t just roll over. I also don’t expect that one to be insanely close, but we’ll have to execute well coming off of one day’s rest.
Did Texas Tech lose anyone from their elite eight run last year?

Does anyone think that RJ and Cam should have their minutes staggered more? It seems like there's a lot of overlap in their game, and when RJ is on the floor he's the focal point and Cam becomes more passive.
This is a good idea IMO. I’d argue Bolden, Zion, RJ, AOC and Tre would be fine to start. Then let Jack and Jav spell the forwards, with Cam and Goldwire spell the guards. I think it provides more balance.

That way you get 8 minutes of Cam initiating the action on his own.

Reactions: Mpm277
This is a good idea IMO. I’d argue Bolden, Zion, RJ, AOC and Tre would be fine to start. Then let Jack and Jav spell the forwards, with Cam and Goldwire spell the guards. I think it provides more balance.

Cam seems to come alive when RJ isn't on the floor so it'd make sense to have him in when RJ is on the bench. Of course I don't mean only to relieve RJ, but that he should definitely be on the floor when RJ isn't.

Reactions: DukeDenver

Can't tell if you're kidding or not. Cam has to figure it out. If Duke has a chance to win it all, he has to be out there with RJ.

Not sure about minutes but I was at the game last night and we need to pitch in and buy Cam some different shoes! He slipped, slid or even fell way too many times on the court, seemed to affect his game. Also please please please all I want for Christmas is made free throws.

im surprised you didn’t start a thread in my honor
Langford is a wonderful ball player, however for the first 20 minutes of the game "the moment" seemed way too big for IU. I mean these are college bball players and for 10 minutes they could not break a full court press. If I'm an IU fan this is more concerning for March than anything. Great teams rise to those occasions, not shrink back.

Reactions: cropper43
Did Texas Tech lose anyone from their elite eight run last year?

Yeah like 6 dudes. They have some major turnover but the guys they bring back and the grad transfers are skilled, veteran players and Chris Beard is an excellent up and coming coach.

Langford is a wonderful ball player, however for the first 20 minutes of the game "the moment" seemed way too big for IU. I mean these are college bball players and for 10 minutes they could not break a full court press. If I'm an IU fan this is more concerning for March than anything. Great teams rise to those occasions, not shrink back.
Yep, very disappointed in their play and preparedness. I figured they would lose but I expected them to play like their lives depended on it. They better bounce back and win their next 4 games as they are all loseable one’s. If they don’t they may not make the tournament.

He didn’t say sit Cam when RJ is on the court
No, you must not have read Denver's post. You were probably busy changing identity's for the 85th time. He suggested a different starting line up, and for Cam to have 8 minutes or so to initiate his own offense.

It's a moot point unless Cam is a total flop, which I don't think so.

Fifty bucks to a busted rubber RJ consistently gets 35+ minutes a game, unless he's in foul trouble. So if Cam wants to help Duke, he'll have to do it alongside RJ.

Reactions: dukephysics
There will be games where Reddish will have the favorable matchup and the rest of the guys will look for him to exploit his matchup. He is on a two game skid, but we have to remember it is common for Freshmen to hit a wall at some point. The coaching staff will help Cam to get through his slump.

Reactions: Mac9192
Yep, very disappointed in their play and preparedness. I figured they would lose but I expected them to play like their lives depended on it. They better bounce back and win their next 4 games as they are all loseable one’s. If they don’t they may not make the tournament.
I thought that you said that you weren’t going to come back after the game?

That's a good point actually. Only thing is if that happened one of them would be playing less minutes than they should. They'll figure out how to work together. Cam will get his shots. We have 3 guys that should take 75% of the attempts

Not sure about minutes but I was at the game last night and we need to pitch in and buy Cam some different shoes! He slipped, slid or even fell way too many times on the court, seemed to affect his game. Also please please please all I want for Christmas is made free throws.

I remember Grayson used to always be on the floor his sophomore year like that. Cam just has to get stronger

L
No, you must not have read Denver's post. You were probably busy changing identity's for the 85th time. He suggested a different starting line up, and for Cam to have 8 minutes or so to initiate his own offense.

It's a moot point unless Cam is a total flop, which I don't think so.

Fifty bucks to a busted rubber RJ consistently gets 35+ minutes a game, unless he's in foul trouble. So if Cam wants to help Duke, he'll have to do it alongside RJ.
I don’t care who starts really. Cam should get 30 minutes, Zion 30, RJ 32+. I’d rather have all 3 out there together to close each half, thus wouldn’t mind seeing Cam come off the bench to spell Zion after 6 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT