ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Listened to Coach Cut on The David Glenn Show yesterday and he was really fired up. He said our receivers are fast and are deep and fast at running back. Jones should be a lot better protected thus making him much more effected. Coach cut said the class of 2019 is going to be a strong won. It was stated that within 4 points we could have been 11-2 last year. I'm excited.

Listened to Coach Cut on The David Glenn Show yesterday and he was really fired up. He said our receivers are fast and are deep and fast at running back. Jones should be a lot better protected thus making him much more effected. Coach cut said the class of 2019 is going to be a strong won. It was stated that within 4 points we could have been 11-2 last year. I'm excited.

Just as fired up here too Sky! Aug 31 cant get here fast enough! 51 days and counting!
#LoveMeSomeDukeFootball

OFC

so summer doldrums make me look for things to keep up my interest. lets talk recruiting. down to ( i think) three more spots for need and 1 to 2 for best player type spots. chase jones (lb) is supposedly announcing in two weekends. he is a nice player that even 5 years ago i would have loved but really want us to run the race with nick jackson. the last two crystal balls for him have come in duke so...... only think one spot left for lb.
still look good for one if not two more ot. right now we are solid with three, walter rouse, zach williamson and asim richards. i still want two. the surprise for me is that we seem to be in the final three for jaden mckenzie a really nice DT. i kinda thought we were done on the dl but a chance to take a big, local and talented kid away from the holes is worth a shot. think where we are now in recruiting when the staff has a chance to take 5 kids on the DL FRONT who are highly rated. not a reach among them (sayyid stevens is a lb not a de)
WR is a really interesting spot. we are out of it for both the slot guys we wanted. do we try to find one? we are still in it for genson hooper-price who is a 6'4'' stud from texas. there is some talk that maybe we are all in on him and that last years best wr recruit dennis smith 6'2'' gets tried in the slot. do you realize the size wr that we are now getting? last year smith 6'2'', garner 6'3'', bobo 6'4'' along with this years two commits so far of pancol 6'4'' and harding 6'3''. i sense a trend. only other spots that we might address are qb and db. every qb we have offered has committed elsewhere so..... we have 4 dbs already in this class (jordan waters was recruited as a db not wr) so i think we only take a best available like walker or battle if they want to commit.

Last edited:
just saw a review of the pro football hall of fame academy camp and our DE commit R J OBEN was listed as one of the top 5 defensive kids at the camp. said he outperformed almost all the 4 star or higher kids there and that duke is getting an absolute steal with this kid fyi

Breaking news UNC football facing potentially multiple NCAA violations. Players selling shoe’s. Could lead to suspensions. Cheaters gonna cheat.

Hope it does lead to suspensions but we all know the history when unc cheats. The most likely punishment will be one game against an opponent that they would win by 30 points anyway. They know how to work it. OFC

Reactions: hpnole and QC Dukie
Hope it does lead to suspensions but we all know the history when unc cheats. The most likely punishment will be one game against an opponent that they would win by 30 points anyway. They know how to work it. OFC

1989 NC State got hammered by the NCAA when their players were caught selling shoes. Valvano lost his job.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Hard for me to believe that the B.B. players are not doing the same thing.It is the Carolina Way.Even back in the Larry Miller was tooling around in a new Corvette

Phil Ford had a spanking new Carolina Blue van to tool around in during his days in Chapel Hole....

OFC

And Jeff mcinnis had fun with fords wife in the back of that van too......

Indeed QC....Funny but TRUE story: During McInnis days at Chapel Hill, McInnis and the 'holes were playing at State one nite. Obviously this is back when El Deano was still coaching and Ford was an assistant.

This was a Saturday nite game, surprisingly not televised so I tuned into Wolfpack play by play man Gary Hahn (who has a passionate distaste for the holes too).Never forget it: "There's a sign a Pack student is holding up behind the UNC bench, Hey Jeff have ya driven a Ford lately???" Makes me laugh even today....

OFC

Indeed QC....Funny but TRUE story: During McInnis days at Chapel Hill, McInnis and the 'holes were playing at State one nite. Obviously this is back when El Deano was still coaching and Ford was an assistant.

This was a Saturday nite game, surprisingly not televised so I tuned into Wolfpack play by play man Gary Hahn (who has a passionate distaste for the holes too).Never forget it: "There's a sign a Pack student is holding up behind the UNC bench, Hey Jeff have ya driven a Ford lately???" Makes me laugh even today....

OFC
Hahahaha......Classic

Reactions: hart2chesson
so just some small news. looks like jeremy mcduffie is rehabbing well and barring some kind of setback will be good to play this year. also zachary franks a 6'6'' 290 lb OT from baltimore md has put us in his final four list. seems like a really solid kid. right now all the cbs say penn state but who knows?

so just some small news. looks like jeremy mcduffie is rehabbing well and barring some kind of setback will be good to play this year. also zachary franks a 6'6'' 290 lb OT from baltimore md has put us in his final four list. seems like a really solid kid. right now all the cbs say penn state but who knows?

Penn St took one from us a couple years ago, maybe we can return the favor.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT