ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

so since he spent the weekend at Duke on his own dime i guess it is okay to talk about
Anthony Franklin DE 6'4'' 240 lb kid from arizona was here for 2 days.
has P5 offers from duke, stanford, arizona, kansas state and michigan state plus lots of other non P5
i think it comes down to us vs stanford
PS FYI
high academic offers from non P5 include air force, army, brown, harvard, princeton and yale. this is the kind of kid we want

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
so since he spent the weekend at Duke on his own dime i guess it is okay to talk about
Anthony Franklin DE 6'4'' 240 lb kid from arizona was here for 2 days.
has P5 offers from duke, stanford, arizona, kansas state and michigan state plus lots of other non P5
i think it comes down to us vs stanford

Franklin would be a nice get, and I like our chances given talent like Dimukijae (sp) and Rumph of late! OFC

Reactions: surfdevil
Thanks for the response. Who do you think think should be first team? It will give me reason to watch the line play

First, Aaron Banks (ND) should not be 1st team All ACC at OG. ND had 4 OL returning who Pro Football Focus (PFF) had top 30 in the entire nation (that’s including all the teams even if not playing) and Banks was the lowest rated of the group. He’s not even the best OG on his own team. Tommy Kraemer was a 1st team All American last year preseason, then mid-season 2nd team All American before having season-ending injury the next week. He was part of the Joe Moore Offensive Line of the Year a few years ago. Banks is talented but has struggled at times and has had to battle to keep his starting spot. So he shouldn’t be 1st team ACC.
At OT Liam Eichenberg is a no-brainer that didnt get selected. He is on multiple 1st or 2nd team All American lists, is projected as a 1st Rounder on the six different mock drafts, and PFF rated him the highest returning OT. He is rated almost 20 points higher than the OT from BC (85-66) that was selected. Even Robert Hainsey was rated much higher and a former member of the Joe Moore Offensive Line of the Year. So both of those OTs are better than the BC OT.
I think Morrisey was a good selection at C.
I think the OT from Clemson is not as good as Eichenberg, but better than the OT from BC.
So I think they got both OG’s wrong, and one OT wrong. Center correct and the other OT is fine but debatable.

ND just released their two-deep for Duke and it’s very surprising to be honest.
Their 1st team offense is loaded with veteran players over the more explosive, game breakers that many expected to see. It looks like ND is coming out to pound the football on the ground? They are starting all the bigger, more physical players. A few surprises on Defense too that might be Covid related (in the secondary).
The press conference is still going on, but I will try to post it here when it’s done. BK is talking about Duke right now.

ND just released their two-deep for Duke and it’s very surprising to be honest.
Their 1st team offense is loaded with veteran players over the more explosive, game breakers that many expected to see. It looks like ND is coming out to pound the football on the ground? They are starting all the bigger, more physical players. A few surprises on Defense too that might be Covid related (in the secondary).
The press conference is still going on, but I will try to post it here when it’s done. BK is talking about Duke right now.

Media says Irish may have best O-Line in country. I expect them to try and shove it down out throats Saturday and wear us down. Could easily happen.....OFC

Media says Irish may have best O-Line in country. I expect them to try and shove it down out throats Saturday and wear us down. Could easily happen.....OFC

Yeah, most every ND site is trying to figure out the two deep right now.
Basically, ND does have an elite OL. Not just the starting 5, but the 6th OL who started also last year, are all expected to be drafted the next two years, including a couple 1st/2nd rounders. So there really is no need to put more size on the field to run the ball? All three they listed are Seniors, so all have been in a college weight program for at least 4 years. McKinley (6’2, 215), Davis (5’11, 205), and Skowronek (6’3, 225). They left off multiple guys who started last year who are speedster/playmakers. Especially Lenzy, the kid who averaged about 20 yards per touch last year who chose football over track at Oregon. Abd two other speedsters (Keys and Wilkins) who played a lot last year. And the starting RB from last year is 3rd string this year (Armstrong). The starting TE this year is the prototypical big, blocking TE (Wright, 6’6, 260). He is starting over the fast, athletic TE who had 5 TDS last year as the backup (Tremble).
So it is surprising to say the least to see so many expected starters not 1st string this week?

so they have released the 2 deep.
monk starting at right guard over a senior rak. ouch, but rak came in heavier than they wanted
will taylor starting at center with graham barton and wroten backing up
john gelotte gets back up spot at right tackle
lummie young beats out transfer j'marick woods for starting safety spot
MARK GILBERT STARTING AT CB. so happy for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
I wonder if ND has decided not to show any razzle dazzle unless they really need to. Keep things simple against a 20 point underdog.

I hope we make them panic by holding them scoreless the first quarter.
If we do hold them scoreless 1st quarter I would say we have to capitalize, and score at least 7-10 pts. OFC

Reactions: Liftee
We have seen the Duke defense rise up for a quarter to a half vs. Clemson and Alabama, before they get worn down by superior size and athleticism. I agree, Duke has to move the ball early both to keep the defense off the filed as well as to take advantage of any success the defense has early on. Otherwise it will be a long day.

jacob did beat out rak. the problem is rak came in 25lbs heavier and was just a little slower. rak will be the #1 sub at guard and still get lots of run during a game i think.
JACK W has announced today he will be coming back to duke next year to play. nice

ND team doctor just released that all players and coaches tested negative in the final round of testing. No positives in the three tests this week.

That red-shirt punter looks like he has a very strong leg. What a first punt!!! Keep them down defense!!!
OFC

We need to stop them on this drive. We don't need to let them score right when we get it back close. Stop them defense!!!!
OFC

The difference in quality and depth up front is starting to show. Not much we can do about that right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT