ADVERTISEMENT

Duke basketball announcers.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Ok. Last count I have Bilas, Williams, Gminski,Spanarkel, Battier and Hill. Have I missed some? Why are there so many? Is there a conspiracy going on here?Is Coach K behind this also? Or is it that like HOF Coach Roy Williams does all former UNC players were offered the jobs first and they turned them down. If so that might explain the hiring of Davis for the UNC staff. So what does this say about the Duke program when these networks keep hiring Duke guys and shouldn't we as Duke fans be proud of that? Could it be that they have been taught the game so well and are articulate? Bilas and Williams get their share of criticism because they tell it like it is and don't have a problem pointing out things about Duke that we also see and think but just because they went to Duke they shouldn't be critical of Duke. Do you think Coach K is ever critical of the team? They are doing their jobs just the way we would expect them to do if they were still playing at Duke. Would we be happier with them if they were like Hubert " Homer " Davis and cackled their way through games showing total favoritism toward the team they played for. I believe with a little time both Battier and Hill two of the favorite Duke players of all time will be telling the game the way they see it even if it sounds like they are not pulling for Duke. All of these guys you better believe are duke through and through but are just doing what they've been taught by Coach K which is being professional, doing your best and being honest about it. Been wanting to say something like this for a long time but haven't because a few of you disagree and I just don't want to cause any issues which I probably just did. OFC

This post was edited on 3/4 12:24 PM by skysdad

Other Duke-affiliated announcers: John Feinstein, Seth Davis, Bucky Waters, and Bob Wenzel.

Amazing so many Duke players are still playing, coaching or in some form of announcing. What a credit to Duke University. OFC

I'm thinking it has something to do with being able to read and write and speak clearly.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT