ADVERTISEMENT

Best Keyboardist of All Time

I’m going with Geddy Lee. I didn’t even know he did the keyboard. I assumed he played the bass and someone else was on keyboard, so I looked it up to see who it was for rush. Makes sense though with only having 3 band members. Geddy is a very talented man

Reactions: Bludvls1
Wow! Amazing that 3 men can produce the sound they do compared to most bands having 5-7 members
Wow! Amazing that 3 men can produce the sound they do compared to most bands having 5-7 members
My dad was in the military,we lived on a base just north of Toronto,so the base paid for all of these big club bands in Toronto at the time to play at our dances.Some you made have heard of including April Wine and Max Webster who featured Kim Mitchell

I’m going with Gus Manzur of Morrissey. Former friend of mine and he’s a player.

Elton John
Anyone remember Lee Michaels? I was a big fan in high school.

Reactions: skysdad
Yes, I would say pianists, organs, synthesizers, mellotrons all are included.

Also, I agree on Dennis DeYoung and would add Mike Pinder and Steve Walsh.

I'm gonna throw out a piano players name and once again I doubt other than OFC's are not gonna have any idea of who is because he was a country music piano player. His name is Floyd Cramer and he was smooth as a pearl . He didn't sing, he just played. My favorite of his is a song called " Last Date. " It is my favorite because it was my favorite uncles favorite becausehe became like a father to me after my dad died when I was 22. My uncle passed last summer and he influenced me greatly. Everytime I hear this I think of my Uncle Marshall. " The Last Date." Floyd Cramer . OFC

Last edited:
He’s not a legend yet, but Kodi Lee. He won America’s Got Talent. Blind and autistic.

23 years old.

Reactions: Hurley22
I’d love to be able to play great balls of fire just once.. so my favorites

Jerry Lee Lewis, Elton, Billy Joel

Ronnie Millsap is another blind pianist local boy too!
I can’t believe I didn’t think of him because I loved listening to him when I was a kid

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT