ADVERTISEMENT

Bate Jones?

sheyduke

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2010
Charlotte Observer just released an article where he said he’d play his final year of college basketball at Duke. He is the brother of Daniel Jones. Anyone know anything about this?

Davidson he’s a grad transfer and the brother of Daniel Jones. 6’9” pf/c

6-8 225. Looks like he can shoot. Experienced practice player, senior. Why not? He won't expect much, anything we get out of him is a plus.

6-8 225. Looks like he can shoot. Experienced practice player, senior. Why not? He won't expect much, anything we get out of him is a plus.
If we still have an offer out to John and unless Jones is a preferred walk on then I expect some news coming about Coleman.

Reactions: hart2chesson
What I would like to see come in from a transfer portal is not only solid back up in both the back and front court is an asshole. We need an asshole. Grayson was the last one we had. It's time we get another. OFC

Sky, you're spot on. Without a couple of dogs we're not winning #6. Paolo and AJ are by all accounts dogs, btw.

Almost every thread lately has been about snagging mediocre transfers, recruiting a kid that punched another player, transfers, and early draft entries. Is this really what our program has become?

What I would like to see come in from a transfer portal is not only solid back up in both the back and front court is an asshole. We need an asshole. Grayson was the last one we had. It's time we get another. OFC
Speaking of Grayson he’s balling right now . I would like to get Blake and have him become that next hated multi player at Duke.

Reactions: skysdad
Almost every thread lately has been about snagging mediocre transfers, recruiting a kid that punched another player, transfers, and early draft entries. Is this really what our program has become?

No but there is really no other basketball news happening at the moment.

Speaking of Grayson he’s balling right now . I would like to get Blake and have him become that next hated multi player at Duke.
Not sure if anyone good enough to be hated, would be at Duke long enough to get hated.

Haven't heard about a player punching another player either but I do remember Hurley throwing a basketball and hitting Laettner in the face. Both a-holes by the way. :) OFC

Last edited:
I imagine Mac McClung would fit the bill. He’s already hated by a large amount of fans. Put a Duke jersey on him and he will get some Grayson Allen or JJ Reddick hate especially with fans not being able to attend games for close to 18 months.

Charlotte Observer just released an article where he said he’d play his final year of college basketball at Duke. He is the brother of Daniel Jones. Anyone know anything about this?
He’s averaged less than 2 points and 2 rebounds in his career at Davidson. Our walk ons would embarrass this kid. Hell, all 3 of the transfer’s Kara Lawson has brought in for the lady devils could embarrass this kid.

We do still have a few more scholarships available if my math is correct. This would make 9, unless I'm missing someone. I believe Worthington is a walk on. We could still add the freshman PG, Theo John and Baldwin. And one more. Bates is a high character practice kid who won't cause anyone to transfer.

Last edited:
Baker, Moore, Coleman, Mark, Roach, AJ, Keels, Paolo, and Bates are the only scholarship players next year as of right now, right? We definitely need to pick up a few more guys if at all possible.

Reactions: christophero
Baker, Moore, Coleman, Mark, Roach, AJ, Keels, Paolo, and Bates are the only scholarship players next year as of right now, right? We definitely need to pick up a few more guys if at all possible.
Pick up Blake and I say we’re good. K doesn’t go ten deep much especially toward end of conference play.
Worthington will more then likely end up with a scholarship again .

You gotta YouTube TyTy punching the other kid. I kinda feel bad for the kid

Got it. I know what you are referring to now. When I referred to we need an asshole I wasn't reffering to something like that. I was reffering to the swag and get in your face attitude of a Laettner, Hurley or JJ and other players we have had. They weren't afraid of nobody. OFC

He’s averaged less than 2 points and 2 rebounds in his career at Davidson. Our walk ons would embarrass this kid. Hell, all 3 of the transfer’s Kara Lawson has brought in for the lady devils could embarrass this kid.

Well now there is a player each year Duke fans pick out to be a whipping boy. OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Got it. I know what you are referring to now. When I referred to we need an asshole I wasn't reffering to something like that. I was reffering to the swag and get in your face attitude of a Laettner, Hurley or JJ and other players we have had. They weren't afraid of nobody. OFC
I knew what you meant and I agree. We need some swag back

Reactions: skysdad
Really nice. From interviews he gave he sounds like a quality kid who wants to experience what it is like to be part of a program like Duke's. Also sounds like he realizes his worth will be in practice, bringing in another body. K isn't necessarily looking to rebuild his team the way Kara is so not quite sure why you feel the need to make the comparison.

He's a high character kid. 5th year Senior. Great for practices. Has a sweet jump shot, but it's doubtful we'll see it much. I checked out a video of him in high school ha. I would assume he's better than Worthington.

Last edited:
He's a high character kid. 5th year Senior. Great for practices. Has a sweet jump shot, but it's doubtful we'll see it much. I checked out a video of him in high school ha. I would assume he's better than Worthington.

Good kid, but hopefully others are contributing at a high level. Though if we get more out of him than expected that's a win for him and us.

Reactions: christophero
Theo is tough as hell. 10-15 minutes a game is all we need. He's a grown man, 5th year senior. Great defender. I will be stoked if we get him. Unless his knees are shot this would be huge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT