ADVERTISEMENT

AZ opening

Not a shock to see Miller get fired. Arizona use to be a prime job. I think he has really hurt that program. Going to take a special person to bring them back into the fold.

The AZ job and the UT job both look great on paper but are thinly disguised minefields for up and coming coaches! The expectations are high but the patience of the Alum and Boosters is low

Looks like Self survived his little scandal. Big difference I guess between the Arizonas of the world and the Kansas/uNX's of the world.
True. Back in the 80s Kentucky basketball and smu football got crushed by the ncaa but in the 90s Miami got off light with the pell grant uncs investigation was a farce. And now this Kansas joke I guess as the $ goes up so does the corruption

Reactions: hart2chesson
Not a shock to see Miller get fired. Arizona use to be a prime job. I think he has really hurt that program. Going to take a special person to bring them back into the fold.
Not to state the obvious but with usc and UCLA on the apparent upswing that could make this a slightly more difficult place to win but it still has lot going for it Good school great weather but they’re gonna have to recruit SoCal hard. A little more difficult now

Reactions: christophero
Depends on what kind of sanctions they end up getting hit with. Which is a shame for the kids who will be there and the incoming coach.

Pastner did play for and cut his coaching teeth under King Luther of the Desert.. AZ may back up the truck in order to give the appearance of a return to the Olson Era.

Last edited:
Partner did play for and cut his coaching teeth under King Luther of the Desert.. AZ may back up the truck in order to give the appearance of a return to the Olson Era.

The Olson era seems forever and ago. He was a good coach and an even better person.

Reactions: jnastasi
Will AZ put feelers out to Pastner?

I don’t get the Pastner love for the AZ job. He was horrible in Memphis and basically got run out of town to GT. He’s had one good season at GT. We’ve seen the movie of Pastner following a big name coach at Memphis. Don’t see why folks think him following Miller at AZ would turn out differently.

I don’t get the Pastner love for the AZ job. He was horrible in Memphis and basically got run out of town to GT. He’s had one good season at GT. We’ve seen the movie of Pastner following a big name coach at Memphis. Don’t see why folks think him following Miller at AZ would turn out differently.
Pastner is a good coach but that Alvarado sp? This year was special and probably extended pastners career at tech by a 2 or 3 years

So they hire an assistant from Gonzaga...Tommy Lloyd. Should be interesting to see if the Mark Few influences can bring success back to AZ...not to mention a little integrity!

Good hire for the cats. From everything I’ve read he’s the best international recruiter in America.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT