ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tourney Seeding Question

duhondukie

Cameron Crazy
Jan 12, 2010
If we beat Carolina on Saturday are we guaranteed the 3 seed?
If Notre Dame loses and we win Saturday are we the 2 seed?

Thanks

ND isn't winning at Lville especially after they lost at Wake last night.

If all home teams win on Sat & we beat UNC - #3 seed as Lville owns tiebreaker over us.

If all home teams win on Sat & we lose to UNC - #6 seed as VT owns tiebreaker over us.

Per my calculations, we are locked into a 3 seed if we win regardless of the other games. Either FSU or Lou will get the 2 seed.

I expect us to win so I'm not looking into the loss scenarios, go Duke

ND isn't winning at Lville especially after they lost at Wake last night.

If all home teams win on Sat & we beat UNC - #3 seed as Lville owns tiebreaker over us.

If all home teams win on Sat & we lose to UNC - #6 seed as VT owns tiebreaker over us.

I believe under that scenario FSU gets the 2 seed as they hold the best record against the tie breaker teams. We would tie Louisville at 2-2 but would get the 3 seed based on our 2-0 record against Carolina.

If FSU loses then yes Louisville holds the tie breaker against us because they have a better record against the 3 tie breaker teams. We would get the 3 seed over Notre dame

So what we are all saying is we need a win Saturday night to avoid the Wednesday game.
The only good thing about the possibility of a 6 seed is I would not have to call in sick from work to see the game.

So what we are all saying is we need a win Saturday night to avoid the Wednesday game.
The only good thing about the possibility of a 6 seed is I would not have to call in sick from work to see the game.
If we lose Saturday, I'm calling in sick

Wed 930p game is awful. Don't want to sit in Barclays all day waiting for us to play. Then do same on Thurs!

Unfortunately you may have to. It is going to take a loss from us and a loss of Virginia tech to change things up I believe. Maybe there's other scenarios out there but I'd say it's well over 90% that we play our first game at 930

Maybe someone said this, but do we have a chance to get a Top 4 seed if we lose on Saturday? If so, who do we need to cheer for?

It is all very confusing at this point with a lot of moving parts. My best guess is we will be a 5 seed and play at 2pm on Wednesday

There is a very very strong possibility that we will either be the 3 seed and play 930 Thursday or 6 seed and play 930 Wednesday depending on whether we win or lose Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT