ADVERTISEMENT

Zion

So when he comes to Duke, has an avg game, some idiot like yourself can carelessly run him thru the mud for 3 weeks.

Bet he’d be glad your there Tomorrow knowing the way you speak of members of the “brotherhood”

So when he comes to Duke, has an avg game, some idiot like yourself can carelessly run him thru the mud for 3 weeks.

Bet he’d be glad your there Tomorrow knowing the way you speak of members of the “brotherhood”

An average game??? Is that what you call Duval so far? Haha Are you and @chov1125 the same guy? Gotta be! And the way I speak about members of the "brotherhood" please show me what I've said that's so bad. I'll enjoy this. Otherwise keep your crybaby stuff to yourself

We clearly have different expectations..... I see a lot of really good out of Duval. I think you only remember the bad. Way to many people are jumping on Duval at the moment. Fact is Duval is very Key to making a run. And very capable.

These kids just are not allowed any time anymore.

And the fact that your brain thinks Zion and Duval are in the same stratosphere makes me laugh.

Your an idiot with below avg knowledge of the game as a whole, you consistently prove that...... not going to get into a back and forth.

I’m happy as hell to have both. Thankful most of all. Thankful We can trust K with the recruits we do get. K will get the very most of both. That said most experts predicted Duval could struggle in areas, and some think Zion could struggle a bit in areas. They are not in different stratospheres coming in. Tell your Bias self that, you would. Not many will agree tho

We clearly have different expectations..... I see a lot of really good out of Duval. I think you only remember the bad. Way to many people are jumping on Duval at the moment. Fact is Duval is very Key to making a run. And very capable.

They aren't allowed time because they retweet crap like he or his camp did. They put it on themselves. They say we're one and done when they or (he) shouldn't be. My expectations is to win a national championship anything less with the talent and hype is failure

Your an idiot with below avg knowledge of the game as a whole, you consistently prove that...... not going to get into a back and forth.

I’m happy as hell to have both. Thankful most of all. Thankful We can trust K with the recruits we do get. K will get the very most of both. That said most experts predicted Duval could struggle in areas, and some think Zion could struggle a bit in areas. They are not in different stratospheres coming in. Tell your Bias self that, you would. Not many will agree tho

Ahh cool man! Not sure what that last sentence is but it's ok "not many others will either tho" ;)

I didn’t realize Duval declared already.... the tweet means very little to me, I’m guessing very little to anybody that matters. I’ve been gone on vacation all week so maybe I did miss some FACTS on that matter but I doubt it. Just a lot of speculation out of mediocre, greedy, ungrateful fans like yourself is my assumption

I didn’t realize Duval declared already.... the tweet means very little to me, I’m guessing very little to anybody that matters. I’ve been gone on vacation all week so maybe I did miss some FACTS on that matter but I doubt it. Just a lot of speculation out of mediocre, greedy, ungrateful fans like yourself is my assumption

Sweet dude! I'm glad you've been on vacation hope you had lots of fun and go on a lot more soon :D

This thread was started to discuss Zion. It's great that you believe you are doing right by your team by defending it's players. But you are being a jerk by doing in a thread that has nothing to do with what got your panties in a wad.

And the fact that your brain thinks Zion and Duval are in the same stratosphere makes me laugh.
If I ask nicely for you to elaborate, could you do so, once you stop laughing?

Also, I don't really know whether WI's animosity toward you, specifically, is warranted, but he has a point wrt those posters here who will trash Zion for a bad game. Earlier this year I thought there was a good comparison to be made between Jayson Tatum and one of the freshmen who was struggling at the time (Gary, I think). Their games are nothing alike, but Jayson got crucified for playing like a freshman last year. Now people are doing the same thing w/ Trevon. I was hoping we'd learn, as Jayson was a pretty great example of how harsh and impatient we can be, but it looks like we're getting worse, and Zion will probably get worse when he struggles.

If I ask nicely for you to elaborate, could you do so, once you stop laughing?

Also, I don't really know whether WI's animosity toward you, specifically, is warranted, but he has a point wrt those posters here who will trash Zion for a bad game. Earlier this year I thought there was a good comparison to be made between Jayson Tatum and one of the freshmen who was struggling at the time (Gary, I think). Their games are nothing alike, but Jayson got crucified for playing like a freshman last year. Now people are doing the same thing w/ Trevon. I was hoping we'd learn, as Jayson was a pretty great example of how harsh and impatient we can be, but it looks like we're getting worse, and Zion will probably get worse when he struggles.

I just meant Zion is 10x the player duval is. Will he struggle? Probably at times yes but he won't even be mentioned in the same breath as Tre..
*personal opinion obviously but from seeing both play I feel it's pretty clear.

Also I agree with you about Tatum being a good example. The truth is though he struggled and struggled mightily last yesr and really hurt us a couple of games like duval has. The potential for him to turn it around was always there and I pray it is for duval too. I feel the criticism is warranted though. I've not and most haven't called them crap players or any sort of dirty words. Once again the hype they and there people and some on this board create around them causes for a letdown when they can't live up to it. Is it fair? No not really but we are led to believe some of these are the next Jordan or lebron when that's not even close

Duval has had about 25 games to learn to play at the same speed as the rest of the team.
How much time do you recommend?

Reactions: pisgah101
I just meant Zion is 10x the player duval is. Will he struggle? Probably at times yes but he won't even be mentioned in the same breath as Tre..

Also I agree with you about Tatum being a good example. The truth is though he struggled and struggled mightily last yesr and really hurt us a couple of games like duval has. The potential for him to turn it around was always there and I pray it is for duval too. I feel the criticism is warranted though. I've not and most haven't called them crap players or any sort of dirty words. Once again the hype they and there people and some on this board create around them causes for a letdown when they can't live up to it. Is it fair? No not really but we are led to believe some of these are the next Jordan or lebron when that's not even close
I do not know if I would go as far as saying that Zion will be 10x the player Duval is. I have seen Zion play in person twice and while he is a freak athlete, he will not find the easy baskets in college that he gets in high school. I would also venture to say that Duval is a freak athlete as well who has never had to run a team and get other people involved.

Reactions: WI#1Dukie22
Look I’m all for healthy debate but it seems like every thread gets derailed by constant bickering between posters. Maybe we should start an argue thread where people can settle things like meeting on the playground at recess lol.

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
An average game??? Is that what you call Duval so far? Haha Are you and @chov1125 the same guy? Gotta be! And the way I speak about members of the "brotherhood" please show me what I've said that's so bad. I'll enjoy this. Otherwise keep your crybaby stuff to yourself

Haha you don’t need to @ me, sorry that others see it too. What he said was absolutely spot on.

8364181.jpg

They're both ranked #3 in their class... There are questions about shooting range for both... If they're in different stratospheres, they're in adjacent stratospheres. It seems more laughable to claim they're miles apart than to claim they're within sight distance of each other.

Criticism is a reality, whether it's fair or not, whether it's warranted or not. When it's about our own players, I think it's important that it be as constructive as possible. And particularly with freshmen, we should be as patient as possible.

To the extent that we are responsible for over-hyping guys, that ought to temper our criticism, too.

They're both ranked #3 in their class... There are questions about shooting range for both... If they're in different stratospheres, they're in adjacent stratospheres. It seems more laughable to claim they're miles apart than to claim they're within sight distance of each other.

Criticism is a reality, whether it's fair or not, whether it's warranted or not. When it's about our own players, I think it's important that it be as constructive as possible. And particularly with freshmen, we should be as patient as possible.

To the extent that we are responsible for over-hyping guys, that ought to temper our criticism, too.

Not really if you've seen Zion actually play.

Well.. I didnt expect to see Roy Williams here

Being you saw Roy and all..... don’t you think it would be a great idea to become a unc fan and part of the thr crew???? Maybe it’s meant to be.....

Go along now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT