ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you root for?

UNC vs UK... everything else equal, who do you root for?

• Total voters
Neither a lurker nor a troll, I am nevertheless one of the UNC voters, and I am prepared for the abuse to follow.
OFC

Sure. But as Duke fans, we should all have the same opinion when it comes to unc. ABC. For any reason.
This. There are a number of things we may disagree on, but being that (presumably) we're all Duke fans, we should be united on three things.

1. Root for Duke
2. Root for UNC's opponent
3. Pray to our golden Coach K statue in the living room 5 times a day.

Nothing difficult.

Sure. But as Duke fans, we should all have the same opinion when it comes to unc. ABC. For any reason.

Completely get what you're saying, but I still think what I said earlier about it having a lot to do with where you live and what you're exposed to. If I still lived in the Carolinas, I would likely share your opinion, but, after 30 years in ky, and being exposed to their fanbase for so long, with hardly any interaction with unc fans, this is where I have ended up. Don't get me wrong, I want beat unc badly every time we play. But I have never had unc fans act towards me and Duke the way the ky fans do here. Nothing I love more than walking into work after a ky loss!!

At the opening of the football season we played Army on ESPNU as you all know. So I am at my Girlfriend's house watching the game and we are looking pretty good and at halftime I tell her let's grab some food real quick and come back so I can finish watching the game. So I set the DVR and slap on my Duke hat and bounce for about 15 min and we hit up Five Guys up the street. I walked into 5 guys and we place our order and we are waiting. My girl looks to me and says "there is this dude over there and he keeps looking at you like he could kill you" and as I turn around I see this dude around 50 giving me a scowl and wearing some ugly UNC gear, not trying to be a badass but I am in pretty good shape and I would stomp a mudhole in his ass and walk it dry if it came down to it. Anyway I just turn around and a choked up it as another UNC Preturd douche. A few minutes go by and we get our order and as I am walking out the door that douche comes up to me and says "They are on TV tonight and pointed at my hat. He kind of caught me off guard and I looked at him like what? Then he makes this snide comment and says "Oh you must not watch, I guess you are just a basketball fan" in this complete asshole tone. So I say to him, "Yeah it's halftime and there is the magical device called DVR where you can record shit and go back and watch it later" and walk on by him and headed home to finish the game.

The point being, most UNC fans are assholes of this magnitude and this dude hates Duke so much he couldn't help himself to come up to me and be prick and try to put me on blast about Duke Football....THIS is why in no shape or form will I EVER pull for UNC at anything.That fan base is choked with Chodes like this. I have some good friends that are UNC fans but they are nothing like that Jackass and I know they are in the minority.

At the opening of the football season we played Army on ESPNU as you all know. So I am at my Girlfriend's house watching the game and we are looking pretty good and at halftime I tell her let's grab some food real quick and come back so I can finish watching the game. So I set the DVR and slap on my Duke hat and bounce for about 15 min and we hit up Five Guys up the street. I walked into 5 guys and we place our order and we are waiting. My girl looks to me and says "there is this dude over there and he keeps looking at you like he could kill you" and as I turn around I see this dude around 50 giving me a scowl and wearing some ugly UNC gear, not trying to be a badass but I am in pretty good shape and I would stomp a mudhole in his ass and walk it dry if it came down to it. Anyway I just turn around and a choked up it as another UNC Preturd douche. A few minutes go by and we get our order and as I am walking out the door that douche comes up to me and says "They are on TV tonight and pointed at my hat. He kind of caught me off guard and I looked at him like what? Then he makes this snide comment and says "Oh you must not watch, I guess you are just a basketball fan" in this complete asshole tone. So I say to him, "Yeah it's halftime and there is the magical device called DVR where you can record shit and go back and watch it later" and walk on by him and headed home to finish the game.

The point being, most UNC fans are assholes of this magnitude and this dude hates Duke so much he couldn't help himself to come up to me and be prick and try to put me on blast about Duke Football....THIS is why in no shape or form will I EVER pull for UNC at anything.That fan base is choked with Chodes like this. I have some good friends that are UNC fans but they are nothing like that Jackass and I know they are in the minority.

Now see this is exactly what I put up with daily here. I've told a few stories in here at different times about getting into it with people because I had a Duke shirt on, and about the lady I know who got all four of her tires slashed and a note left in her car about having a Duke license plate and how she should know better in ky. I only know a few unc fans here and they don't act anything like the ky fans do, at least towards me....that is why I feel the way I do. So again, I think where you are has a lot to do with how you feel on this poll

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Now see this is exactly what I put up with daily here. I've told a few stories in here at different times about getting into it with people because I had a Duke shirt on, and about the lady I know who got all four of her tires slashed and a note left in her car about having a Duke license plate and how she should know better in ky. I only know a few unc fans here and they don't act anything like the ky fans do, at least towards me....that is why I feel the way I do. So again, I think where you are has a lot to do with how you feel on this poll
Well, I live in New York and Georgia, so explain that.
OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
I just want to know one damn thing....who’s the 9 wise guys ? Lmao I want names! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Completely get what you're saying, but I still think what I said earlier about it having a lot to do with where you live and what you're exposed to. If I still lived in the Carolinas, I would likely share your opinion, but, after 30 years in ky, and being exposed to their fanbase for so long, with hardly any interaction with unc fans, this is where I have ended up. Don't get me wrong, I want beat unc badly every time we play. But I have never had unc fans act towards me and Duke the way the ky fans do here. Nothing I love more than walking into work after a ky loss!!
Fair....there are 8 left to confess:p

Last edited:
You already know two of them. Read the thread. :)
OFC
I skipped over and only caught Dukefanky..his is I guess understandable....I know what he’s going through ...UVA is his KY to me...I still can’t muster up enough courage to rather root for UNC though lmao

Last edited:
I just want to know one thing....who’s the 9 wise guys ?
I just want to know one damn thing....who’s the 9 wise guys ? Lmao I want names! :rolleyes:

0VjkvUZ.jpg

I have a really good friend here who is a big unc fan. I've mentioned him before....the guy that played football for Virginia and was drafted by the jets, played for for Va but has always been a unc fan. Anyway I posed this question to him if it were us and ky.....he says he'd pull for Duke all day. Come live here for awhile......you'll understand!!

Reactions: uncfan in ky
My first guess would be maybe same as me.....you haven't really had any experience with irrational unc fans, but have with ky???
Not really, but we can go with it. I was smart enough to not wear Duke gear while traveling through KY on a cross country trip two years ago.
OFC

Reactions: DukefanKY
UK and UNC are about even in my dislike for them... Never knew how much I hated UK til I served in the Corps and had to deal with people from there. Same with Texas... Ugh. I grew up in NC and live there now so I fully understand the UNC hatred as much as anyone.

In a tiebreaker, I go with ACC>sec. Hopefully a hole opens and they all fall in during the game though...

UK and UNC are about even in my dislike for them... Never knew how much I hated UK til I served in the Corps and had to deal with people from there. Same with Texas... Ugh. I grew up in NC and live there now so I fully understand the UNC hatred as much as anyone.

In a tiebreaker, I go with ACC>sec. Hopefully a hole opens and they all fall in during the game though...

@Willcampbell , our numbers are growing!!

I’m kind of jealous man. Your life circumstances have allowed you to sort of take a step back from the Duke / UNC rivalry. Hasn’t been all that fun of a rivalry for us Duke fans these past few years.

I’m kind of jealous man. Your life circumstances have allowed you to sort of take a step back from the Duke / UNC rivalry. Hasn’t been all that fun of a rivalry for us Duke fans these past few years.

I understand everyone's stance and feelings on this.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Even with all those unc trolls that voted for the heels it's still a runaway. Ought to tell you something. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
You are spot on in your assessment of UK fans. I’m sure every fan base has their fair share of jerks but UK fans take it to extreme.
It’s even worse now that their football is actually pretty good. Somehow overnight they’ve turned into Alabama.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I guess it depends on where you live, as to who is despised more. In no way do I want to see Kentucky do well, but their fans seem silly to me. If you were in a building surrounded by UK fans, I think all you'd have to do to get them to leave was say Elvis was outside. That wouldn't work with Tar Hole fans. Elvis is beneath them. They eat grey poupon, the rest of us eat mustard.

Who wears sweater vests to games?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT