ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you root for?

UNC vs UK... everything else equal, who do you root for?

• Total voters

TheDude1

Cameron Crazy
Apr 15, 2010
So I am under the assumption that Duke fans will pull for UK every single time over UNC. Am I right?

Ignore the local factor, if you live in Kentucky or N.C., as best you can.

Kentucky doesn’t bother me at all. It’s funny when they lose but I at times root for them. Then again my mom is from Kentucky and her entire family is UK fans so

Ignore the local factor, if you live in Kentucky or N.C., as best you can.

I think the last part is almost impossible. Being that I live in ky, I'm pulling for unc......ky loses and the ACC beats the sec......now if I still lived in S.C., or had never lived in ky, I would probably be saying the opposite......the one good thing about that game, is one of them has to lose!!!

So right now DukefaninKY and two UNC lurkers vote UNC.

Can I ask... pre scandal, would you have voted differently?

I would have.

I Have NEVER rooted for UNC in ANYTHING for ANY REASON. Even if it was advantageous for us if they won, like beating someone in the conference ahead of us. ABC until I die.
Yes sir. The ol ABC. Not sure on this, and maybe one of our old farts know this, but did the ABC start cause of Dean and his four corners garbage?
My dad used to say how disappointing it was to watch an 8-6 halftime game.
Him playing that stall ball infuriated my pop.

And we think it's painful watching UVA play.

It’s been fun to read the UK boards the last few years as they hype their OAD classes. Then as they don’t mesh, lose games, fail to get to Final 4 , they turn on the lousier players, hope they leave, and say wait til next years class as they hype them even more. Still hope they can beat UNC this year.

Reactions: jrtplaya
I think the last part is almost impossible. Being that I live in ky, I'm pulling for unc......ky loses and the ACC beats the sec......now if I still lived in S.C., or had never lived in ky, I would probably be saying the opposite......the one good thing about that game, is one of them has to lose!!!
I’m glad you answered. I caught hell on the main board for saying I’d root for you all over UK. It takes someone living in this state to understand what it’s like dealing with UK fans every day.

I’m glad you answered. I caught hell on the main board for saying I’d root for you all over UK. It takes someone living in this state to understand what it’s like dealing with UK fans every day.

LOL.....I got it here once as well......long time ago. I think it just goes with your geographic location to some extent, but still, there does seem to be a few fanbases that think they are Holier than thou and that everyone should now to them and admit they are "the" program

LOL.....I got it here once as well......long time ago. I think it just goes with your geographic location to some extent, but still, there does seem to be a few fanbases that think they are Holier than thou and that everyone should now to them and admit they are "the" program
That’s what I tried telling them. I honestly only know 3 Duke fans. I consider Duke a rival, UK I just plain out hate.

Living in NC and always seeing that baby blue worn by their fans and always seeing their merchandise makes me want to hurl. Hate's a strong word, but I hate them. UK every day over the Holes!
Living and growing up in Durham, made me sick that Tar Hole fans always outnumbered us at least 2 to 1 in school. Got even worse when I went to college.

Living and growing up in Durham, made me sick that Tar Hole fans always outnumbered us at least 2 to 1 in school. Got even worse when I went to college.

Know the feeling. We've gained a lot of fans since Coach K came to Duke. Before then I think the ratio was more like 3-1 and very few of them went to unc. In the 70's there were just as many NCSU fans as there were Duke but unc fans were and still are the majority although they did become silent a few years ago but they came out of their holes with the last natty. Now they are just as arrogant and entitled as ever for most of them. That fact is the reason I don't want them to win anything at all. I don't want them to even score in any sport. I don't care if people say it's good for the rivalry for unc to be good. I love to see them lose just about as much as I love to see Duke win. If Duke is not on T.V. and unc is you better believe I'm watching and pulling for whoever is playing them. I can't help it. I'm a Duke fan. It's my nature. OFC

There is no other choice for me, but UK...all day, all night.
But in case some can't make up your mind, here is a flowchart to help out.

k8r6Xzx.jpg

OFC

Hate this poll. I hate uncheat and I hate kensucky. I will say though in my experience, unc fans have been more respectful and cordial than kensucky fans in my experience. During the 2015 Final four, some of the older kensucky fans started jawing at my pops and I. However, I was polite and laughed and thought to myself, “hope Wisconsin brings you and your delusional fan base back down to earth”. 4 hours later I witnessed adult Kentucky fans in tears bawling with sadness as Wisconsin and Duke fans were dancing around all of those pussy cat fans. I know this is not a popular option, but I’ll cheer for uncheats over the pussy cats any day.

And it takes someone living in THIS state to understand what it’s like dealing with unx fans everyday. The most arrogant, obnoxious, holier than thou group I’ve ever come across.

I’ve rooted for unc one time in my life. It was in the lax tournament a few years ago and it was simply to pull for the coach who i know personally and has been through hell and back. Outside of that one time, there isn’t a single scenario where i would pull for them, so I’ll take UK. UK is more comical than anything else to me bc of their beyond delusional fan base.

Yes sir. The ol ABC. Not sure on this, and maybe one of our old farts know this, but did the ABC start cause of Dean and his four corners garbage?
My dad used to say how disappointing it was to watch an 8-6 halftime game.
Him playing that stall ball infuriated my pop.

And we think it's painful watching UVA play.

No, its the nature of their fans in this state, and the general fawning over them by in-state media. Not to mention most every retailer in-state caters to their fanbase w/the most available merchandise from Cracker Barrel to Wal-Mart.

I could list plenty more, but it would turn into quite a rant!

OFC

No, its the nature of their fans in this state, and the general fawning over them by in-state media. Not to mention most every retailer in-state caters to their fanbase w/the most available merchandise from Cracker Barrel to Wal-Mart.

I could list plenty more, but it would turn into quite a rant!

OFC
Let it roll Hart

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT