ADVERTISEMENT

VJ Edgecombe

Trilly Donovan makes you pay now for his picks. Just saw that. Makes sense, he is so connected and might as well profit from it.
When it comes to Duke, you don’t need to pay for Trilly.

But good for him for making a quick buck after his recent rise in popularity.

Reactions: dukecorey
Really hope we lock him up. Have to assume if we do, he's been told we will have a mass exodus at guard. VJ is legit though.

Really hope we lock him up. Have to assume if we do, he's been told we will have a mass exodus at guard. VJ is legit though.
Right now my guess is Foster is back. Foster and Schutt would be decent, but we'd need a back up PG. Blakes could be if he returns. Those 3 back plus TJ and Stewart would be a nice mix with the freshman.

Last edited:
Yes I agree that of the 4- foster is back which I thunk he will be a really good sophomore running the point. He and VJ are both 6'4 so that's good size for both guards.

Reactions: christophero
Wow, not good two big crystal ball for Baylor. One our own John Watson. Not good something changed last minute

Timo you hear anything? Trilly has him to Baylor too. I think it’s over, somehow Duke lost this one

More rumblings on Twitter of him to Baylor. Welp that stinks. Plus side is maybe we have a feeling more of the guards come back? Roach does have a 5th year.

Jon has signed five highly rated kids for next season. Is it possible that IF this VJ kid signs somewhere else, he suspects the roster next season at Duke will be loaded?

Some on here thought McCain and Foster were multi year guys. I have no idea. But what I do know is I’d love to see them as sophomores.

Reactions: smashmouth5
You never know with Duke and one & dones. They had their fair share of ones that shouldn’t have left. If they do go, guess only option now is transfer portal. Which Duke doesn’t do real well in for multiple reasons.

If Duke gets Foster back, that would go a long way. But is there anyway Roach comes back? I know it's probably a long shot, but he does get the covid year and could make some nice coin with NIL. I would take Roach versus VJ, if given the choice. Roach could provide that senior leadership that Duke will desperately need.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Me either, would take Roach back too if he is willing to come back. Just can’t lose Proctor, Roach and McCain/Foster and not add someone. Guess time will tell, should be interesting.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
These days losing a recruit doesn't hurt as much when you can hit the portal. I think Foster and McCain come back. Neither is remotely ready for the pros (didn't stop Duval or DJ though). I doubt Roach comes back, haven't heard anything, but 4 years is enough. See the world while getting paid to hoop.

Reactions: BNM79
We are not exactly world beaters in the portal. But Theo and Young were nice role players. We need to hold onto players. Stewart not getting any minutes despite Mitchell out is not encouraging. Hopefully he is patient. Guys like Stewart and Blakes and Power are guys we need to convince to stick around.

Yeah you can’t depend on the transfer portal at all unless a grad transfer. Most of them come from really good schools too. It’s not like Duke can take anyone as we have seen in the past.

Reactions: christophero
Unless Duke has a definite need, if you were a good college player wanting to transfer, would you pick Duke?
When you already know they’ve signed 5 highly rated kids for next season.

It depends. I bet more people know Ryan Young's name than almost every Big 10 player, except Edey. You get exposure at Duke.

I think it’s admission issue for undergrads transfers that Duke is interested in. As we saw with the rim protectors they were looking at. I think it is easier for grad transfers into Duke compared to undergrads. Also there is a reason Dukes transfers have come from Harvard, Stanford, Northwestern and Princeton . Only one not from Ivy was Theo at Marquette and Bates Jones at Davison. But both of those schools aren’t too bad either.

Last edited:
Blakes, Schutt, Power, Stewart, Reeves. Those are 5 good guys already on campus. Keep them and we don't need the portal.

Who are the guards next year if that is the only ones Duke bring back?? Blakes and Evans backup Schutt? Guard spot will be very little if Duke doesn’t get Foster and possibly McCain back. It will hurt missing on both Harper and VJ but if they can get two back from either Foster, McCain or Roach they will be good next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT