ADVERTISEMENT

Travis to Kentucky

lkc1234

Recruit
Apr 12, 2007
Kentucky will be better than I expected with Travis. Could be an interesting game early in the year.

We need another player ! Lol..... just 1 more please!!!!! A grad transfer vet that averages 20 will be fine thanks

Sooooooooooo! I don’t see where Kentucky is going to be that good. They have a lot of unproven players just like us. Reid Travis is a very good player but he won’t be the best player on the floor when we play them. I bet money on that

Reactions: Dukeman
Sooooooooooo! I don’t see where Kentucky is going to be that good. They have a lot of unproven players just like us. Reid Travis is a very good player but he won’t be the best player on the floor when we play them. I bet money on that
So you think he will not help Kentucky?

Both teams have unproven players, but UK has Washington returning (avg 11ppg/6 rebs), Travis (19/10), Quade Green (played tons of minutes shot 39% from three) to go along with that unproven talent.

Serious question, Who does Duke have returning who averaged that of Travis or Washington?

You’re right they’ll suck

Both teams have unproven players, but UK has Washington returning (avg 11ppg/6 rebs), Travis (19/10), Quade Green (played tons of minutes shot 39% from three) to go along with that unproven talent.

Serious question, Who does Duke have returning who averaged that of Travis or Washington?
Ah, so true. You guys have 2 guys returning, 2 guys who I believe were bashed by your fan-base the whole season for sucking?? Am I right??

Serious question: I thought Zion was a lock to go to UK??????

Nobody BUT a healthy bolden can definitely put up PJ type numbers with PT. You're focused on averages but we know Duke has the more talented players. PJ was ridiculed all last year by their fan base. So now all of a sudden he's a big time player. Zion can average 11 and 6. bolden will get some good rebound numbers and we know RJ is going to score. Travis did that in the Pac 12. That conference is pure trash. Reid is a baller but I don't see him as a game changer. It's a really good piece. Talent wise our starting 5 is still better

Does assistant coaches count?

Nobody BUT a healthy bolden can definitely put up PJ type numbers with PT. You're focused on averages but we know Duke has the more talented players. PJ was ridiculed all last year by their fan base. So now all of a sudden he's a big time player. Zion can average 11 and 6. bolden will get some good rebound numbers and we know RJ is going to score. Travis did that in the Pac 12. That conference is pure trash. Reid is a baller but I don't see him as a game changer. It's a really good piece. Talent wise our starting 5 is still better
Cool, but my point is the guy saying UK is unproven when they will return more proven players than Duke on top of the #2 class.

Our starting 5 was the best last year.......every game... Lmao

Ah, so true. You guys have 2 guys returning, 2 guys who I believe were bashed by your fan-base the whole season for sucking?? Am I right??

Serious question: I thought Zion was a lock to go to UK??????
Zion was a lock to Kentucky like Knox was a lock to Duke Remember?????? Yea some of our fan base say dumb things when they're frustrated. I could pull up 100 Duke fans hating on Tatum, Bolden, Duval & Bagley for sucking or being selfish including the verified accounts (female) who covers the team who said Tatum was the most selfish player she'd ever seen and couldn't wait til he was gone.

PJ didn't get bashed til he missed 100 free throws in the NCAAt.

.........sounds like Duval! Hahahahaah...you could pull me up for him but not the others..I did once say Bagley was forcing to much but that’s the worst I ever said.

Zion was a lock to Kentucky like Knox was a lock to Duke Remember?????? Yea some of our fan base say dumb things when they're frustrated. I could pull up 100 Duke fans hating on Tatum, Bolden, Duval & Bagley for sucking or being selfish including the verified accounts (female) who covers the team who said Tatum was the most selfish player she'd ever seen and couldn't wait til he was gone.

PJ didn't get bashed til he missed 100 free throws in the NCAAt.
Um yeah, tons of idiots on this board, and your point??

UK’s hate on PJ and Quade was much deeper than some message board idiots, it was everyone!

Our starting 5 was the best last year.......every game... Lmao

well you know how that is. wrong offensive philosophy for the type of players we had. plus our leader had a down year shooting the ball. we were kind of banking on him being the 40% shooter we were accustomed to seeing in previous years

Well lets see....long way until the matchup but it will look something like this...

Jones vs Hagans
RJ vs Quickly
Cam vs Johnson
Zion vs PJ
Bolden vs Reid

Duke Bench: Alex/Javin/White/Goldwire/Vrank/Baker
UK Bench: EJ/Green/Hero/Richards/Baker

A LOT of talent....should be a fun game! Will be interesting to see how both teams perform and member its the VERY FIRST game of the season!

Reactions: WildcatDJ
well you know how that is. wrong offensive philosophy for the type of players we had. plus our leader had a down year shooting the ball. we were kind of banking on him being the 40% shooter we were accustomed to seeing in previous years
Coulda been a lack of experience

For the people that blame Ks system last year what makes you think this year will be any different? ......I don’t wanna hear 2 bigs in the paint. This is all funny to me when all I did the whole season was say our offense wasn’t that good and a stagnant predictable problem thats costing us games. People responded saying our offense is good, then giving me useless (Pom Pom) stats trying to prove it, and just blaming the defense the entire time!! .....Now it’s all I hear! Lmao ....I just don’t blame it on the same reasons ;)....Duval was the cause and effect...I think his basketball IQ was low. We got exposed on offense. Everything was influenced by him . He couldn’t run the point . He couldn’t play on the wing. He caused Grayson to have to change his position. He just influenced everything so much not living up to his potential. K tried to adapt to all of it . Everybody else had a role . His was a constant problem anywhere you put him affecting him and others trying to accommodate. I hate to just blame him but a PG for K is huge!! and I think 5 titles knows how to use his players to their best ability.

Last edited:
Did these dipshits welfare check come so they could get their internet turned back on? Where do they come from?
Na. They found a laptop amidst the uneaten remains of tourists deep within some limestone caves. The Kentucky National Guard does it's best to hold checkpoints but sometimes unlucky families get through.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Jwill.....I want to get you on the record about Bolden and Zion. You seem to think that this game is coming down to vertical leap. So what makes you think that Zion is the man in this game, and why does he make the difference in your opinion? I think he's going to disappoint you like Hamidou Diallo for UK last year.
Zion played small high school ball in South Carolina. All of his clips are (awesome) open court dunks against uncontested 5'-9" guys. I really think RJ, Cameron are your best players, and Kentucky is alot better than you are willing to admit. And I will say this, EJ Montgomery is very good. Kid has been a top recruit since 7th grade, and much like ANthony Davis, was a guard who then grew to be 6'-10". I just dont understand why you think Bolden and Zion are your guys, when in my book, they are at best 3 and 4 on your roster. And, why you think Kentucky has no stars?? Its not true.

Reactions: pharm727
Jwill.....I want to get you on the record about Bolden and Zion. You seem to think that this game is coming down to vertical leap. So what makes you think that Zion is the man in this game, and why does he make the difference in your opinion? I think he's going to disappoint you like Hamidou Diallo for UK last year.
Zion played small high school ball in South Carolina. All of his clips are (awesome) open court dunks against uncontested 5'-9" guys. I really think RJ, Cameron are your best players, and Kentucky is alot better than you are willing to admit. And I will say this, EJ Montgomery is very good. Kid has been a top recruit since 7th grade, and much like ANthony Davis, was a guard who then grew to be 6'-10". I just dont understand why you think Bolden and Zion are your guys, when in my book, they are at best 3 and 4 on your roster. And, why you think Kentucky has no stars?? Its not true.
Woah. R.J is our star, he will be the star of the entire nation. After that, everyone fills a role..Tre at PG, Cam to score and defend, Zion to score and rebound, Marques to rebound and defend. There isn’t really an order of who follows R.J, everyone has a different role.

Lol that E.J. Montgomery will be your star, the same guy that declined Duke because he knew he would be coming off the bench?? Right??

Ill admit givin what happen this past year and Kentucky’s talent I’m not confident we win lol

Reactions: Tyblue22
Basically. Im saying this:
Duke has the best 2 players:
RJ, Cam
Kentucky has the depth: 10 deep
Kentucky has 2 of the top 3 guards in the 18, 19 class (including reclass)
Kentucky has the better front court: Reid, Washington, Montgomery

The point guards are a wash. Equal, but we have Quickly, and Green, to your 1, Jones(just have the depth advantage)

I just think you arent giving UK any credit, while we are giving Duke credit. I think your roster is top heavy, with 4 players, but outside of RJ and Cam, Zion, Jones, I think we have 10 that can play, with 7 that are really good....thoughts?

Honestly though, on a side note. Its nice to have UK and Duke fans chatting it up on here and the rafters. UNC board has gone communist, I never say anything bad, just like on here. They banned me just for having an opposite opinion!! crazy

How does Kentucky have the better front court?

Reid/ Zion or Javin
Montgomery/ Bolden Javin
Washington/ Zion or Javin

Outside of Washington and a healthy Reid( not being the main option) Montgomery hasn’t played a college game yet.

I’ll take Jones and a sophomore Goldwire at point for one hundred Alex ! We don’t need Goldwire to score when he’s in just distribute and play defense.

Duke has eight legit players that can play! Your giving no credit to our bench of two guards and four bigs to rotate three spots at sf, pf and center and that’s not including Big V but hey he does have five fouls to give.

There’s a lot of questions for both teams but let’s not say UK is way ahead of Duke.

Woah. R.J is our star, he will be the star of the entire nation. After that, everyone fills a role..Tre at PG, Cam to score and defend, Zion to score and rebound, Marques to rebound and defend. There isn’t really an order of who follows R.J, everyone has a different role.

Lol that E.J. Montgomery will be your star, the same guy that declined Duke because he knew he would be coming off the bench?? Right??

Agree on RJ, everyone does. Im just saying this man, seriously.... Wrong and disagree on EJ Montgomery. And Im not saying he will be our Star, Im saying you are discounting him. Anthony Davis was just on campus this week, he could have interviewed, talked to any of them. He sat down with Montgomery. Im telling you man, EJ Montgomery has been a star since 7th grade. Hes a 6'-10" lefty stretch that can shoot the 3.

7th grade EJ was the #1 player (I know, long time ago, lol)

AND, Honestly Jwill, EJ Montgomery would start for Duke or UK. He would not come off your bench, and, he was a Duke Lean, but he picked UK because the word was he didnt like the Duke guys, especially RJ, the word at McDonalds All American was no one wanted to play with RJ because he wouldn't share the ball.

You counted Zion twice.,,,
So here it is......
Washington
Reid
Montgomery
Richards

vs

Zion
Bolden

Kentucky has this one, hands down. While Duke has the advantage on wing

RJ
Cam

vs

anyone

Montgomery has not played a college game yet, you're right, but neither has your best 4 players.

Reid and Washington are really, really good. And, are better than Zion and Bolden. Same as RJ and Cam are better than any other player, on both teams.,,,,we got a great game coming fellas

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
I think regardless of who wins it means squat with how early it is in the season . Bragging rights? Yea lol

Reactions: mattrudd
Isn't one Reid Travis thread enough. This makes 3 UK threads. Really what doe Reid and UK have anything to do with this board. I know it's the off season but can't we come up with more than UK threads? OFC

Just chatting man. Hence, chat board.
Dont forget, UK got the #1pg from 2019 to reclass, he's on UKs campus now, eligible immediately. Ashton Hagans

lol no love for Javin or a senior Big Tone? Big Tone will have a Zoubek-like year. Plus Jack is a banger on the low with a nice shot.

Kentucky will have a good team next but no superstars. I rather have RJ, CAM and Zion over anyone on UK’s roster. Tre Jones is an excellent fit at point and has a high basketball IQ.

Bolden is a true center that can protect the rim and finish.

Alex O and Joey Baker are good three point shooters to bring off the bench 6’6 and 6’8 with good length and Athleticism.

Honestly though, on a side note. Its nice to have UK and Duke fans chatting it up on here and the rafters. UNC board has gone communist, I never say anything bad, just like on here. They banned me just for having an opposite opinion!! crazy
They got scared. They know that they dodged a bullet. Those frat guys finding out about those fake classes saved them. It allowed them to say that the fake classes were for everybody. They got very lucky though some unintended consequences.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT