ADVERTISEMENT

Travis to Kentucky

For the people that blame Ks system last year what makes you think this year will be any different? ......I don’t wanna hear 2 bigs in the paint. This is all funny to me when all I did the whole season was say our offense wasn’t that good and a stagnant predictable problem thats costing us games. People responded saying our offense is good, then giving me useless (Pom Pom) stats trying to prove it, and just blaming the defense the entire time!! .....Now it’s all I hear! Lmao ....I just don’t blame it on the same reasons ;)....Duval was the cause and effect...I think his basketball IQ was low. We got exposed on offense. Everything was influenced by him . He couldn’t run the point . He couldn’t play on the wing. He caused Grayson to have to change his position. He just influenced everything so much not living up to his potential. K tried to adapt to all of it . Everybody else had a role . His was a constant problem anywhere you put him affecting him and others trying to accommodate. I hate to just blame him but a PG for K is huge!! and I think 5 titles knows how to use his players to their best ability.

See if you knew a little about basketball you would see how the system was flawed for this group. Because they are so talented they still were able to succeed anyway. But if we ran more pick and roll our offense would’ve been unstoppable because duval would’ve been able to play comfortable. Carter could roll or pop and Bagley could’ve played in the short corner. You have two shooters on the wing. The games where our offense looked unstoppable was when Duval was able to play his style and make plays. Coach K tried to make him a half court point guard and he’s not that. He had Duval standing around the perimeter passing when he knew he wasn’t that good of a shooter. That’s not smart. Ken Pom showed that we had a much better offense with Duval at point than Grayson.

Just chatting man. Hence, chat board.
Dont forget, UK got the #1pg from 2019 to reclass, he's on UKs campus now, eligible immediately. Ashton Hagans

Was that reclassification legit? Cause I know anytime Duke has someone reclassify, your board if full of nothing but how underhanded it was, how Duke is cheating and the NCAA doesn't care, how Coach K gets his way every time.....is anyone on your board questioning Hagans? Just curious.

Reactions: Quavarius
Serious question, Who does Duke have returning who averaged that of Travis or Washington?

They have someone returning who is 6-2 vs Ky and has beaten your last 4 coaches, except for Billy G....yes, he coached at UK!!! But the two schools, luckily for UK fans, didn't play while he was there....

You counted Zion twice.,,,
So here it is......
Washington
Reid
Montgomery
Richards

vs

Zion
Bolden

Kentucky has this one, hands down. While Duke has the advantage on wing

RJ
Cam

vs

anyone
No you missed my break down against matchups . We have Both Bolden, Zion, Javin, White. That’s just are two starters and rotational players in the frontcourt then there is Robinson, Big V and Baker still sitting on the bench.

This isn’t the pac 12 and Reid is good but not really really good and you really are underestimating Javin and white

See if you knew a little about basketball you would see how the system was flawed for this group. Because they are so talented they still were able to succeed anyway. But if we ran more pick and roll our offense would’ve been unstoppable because duval would’ve been able to play comfortable. Carter could roll or pop and Bagley could’ve played in the short corner. You have two shooters on the wing. The games where our offense looked unstoppable was when Duval was able to play his style and make plays. Coach K tried to make him a half court point guard and he’s not that. He had Duval standing around the perimeter passing when he knew he wasn’t that good of a shooter. That’s not smart. Ken Pom showed that we had a much better offense with Duval at point than Grayson.
Maybe that was because Grayson was playing his natural position.... lol...I’m so sick of hearing the pick and roll bolonga. Just watched a high school game and all they talked about even then was going under the pick and roll the whole time on Duval because he couldn’t shoot!! ....In high school!! Exposed! If you knew basketball you would know K knows what he’s doing by now and going (under) the screen limits penetration. (Duvals) so called strength.Imo he had a lot of poor decision making anyway but some flashes. If he could have run it to his ability i’m sure K would have run it ! Not this trying to piece the puzzle together the whole season trying to accommodate and adapt to the poor PG play. An offense predicated on Duval would have been worse sorry. I wish him the best, root for him hard, and don’t like talking down on him, but just being honest .

And kenPom said we were one of the best offenses as well lmao ..the fact you said K wasn’t smart is enough for me ......you are killing me ....I’m just swallowing your half bitten worm lmao...over and over...my appetite is flawed....you know how I would defend Duval (joking) would be to go under the screen and let him shoot . If he somehow got past me I’d foul the heck out of him. Hahahahaha. In all seriousness he did show some flashes, good decisions making passes (risky) , and improved his 3 point shooting, but not enough for me or K evidently. Great at running which K tried to implement. No bench hurt that . ...If i were to scrutinize K it would be the lack of bench play and (in)game adjustments but who am I ...I think we would have gotten away with one great one or the other. offense or defense.

Last edited:
And kenPom said we were one of the best offenses as well lmao ..the fact you said K wasn’t smart is enough for me ......you are killing me ....I’m just swallowing your half bitten worm lmao...over and over...my appetite is flawed....you know how I would defend Duval (joking) would be to go under the screen and let him shoot . If he somehow got past me I’d foul the heck out of him. Hahahahaha. In all seriousness he did show some flashes, good decisions making passes (risky) , and improved his 3 point shooting, but not enough for me or K evidently. Great at running which K tried to implement. No bench hurt that . ...If i were to scrutinize K it would be the lack of bench play and (in)game adjustments but who am I ...I think we would have gotten away with one great one or the other. offense or defense.

I clearly said we were so talented that we even had a top offense while not playing the best offense to get max talent out of everyone. just go back and watch Kansas game. watch when we ran pick and roll with him. that's when he's at his best. people lagged off of him when we threw it into the post. everyone guarded him out to the 3 point line when he had the ball though. you don't give a good passer/driver too much air space because they can build up speed coming at you. going underneath the pick isn't going to prevent him from driving when he wants because no defender is that fast to just cut him off coming around that corner

Maybe that was because Grayson was playing his natural position.... lol...I’m so sick of hearing the pick and roll bolonga. Just watched a high school game and all they talked about even then was going under the pick and roll the whole time on Duval because he couldn’t shoot!! ....In high school!! Exposed! If you knew basketball you would know K knows what he’s doing by now and going (under) the screen limits penetration. (Duvals) so called strength.Imo he had a lot of poor decision making anyway but some flashes. If he could have run it to his ability i’m sure K would have run it ! Not this trying to piece the puzzle together the whole season trying to accommodate and adapt to the poor PG play. An offense predicated on Duval would have been worse sorry. I wish him the best, root for him hard, and don’t like talking down on him, but just being honest .

All I have to say is go watch film. Watch every big game he had and tell me what type of plays we ran. His big games coincided with dominant performances by our offense

Was that reclassification legit? Cause I know anytime Duke has someone reclassify, your board if full of nothing but how underhanded it was, how Duke is cheating and the NCAA doesn't care, how Coach K gets his way every time.....is anyone on your board questioning Hagans? Just curious.
Did Hagans have the same multi-school baggage?

We all know how this is going to go in kensucky fans minds. If Ky wins, Cal is better than K..with his one title in 30 years...if Duke wins, the refs cheated. Find me a game they've lost that the refs didn't take from them.

We all know how this is going to go in kensucky fans minds. If Ky wins, Cal is better than K..with his one title in 30 years...if Duke wins, the refs cheated. Find me a game they've lost that the refs didn't take from them.

Spot on.

They sound a lot like the thr bunch don't they? I do think fans of both are cut from the same mold. They have pretty much the same traits and both think they are our rival . unc gets the nod there. UK folks just can't get over Laettner and unc can't get over Coach K. What surprises me is both UK and unc fans can't get along either. I think both think they are entitled for some reason. But it's a honor as a Duke fan that both unc and UK nations hate Duke. Goes to show how successful Coach K and Duke are. OFC

They sound a lot like the thr bunch don't they? I do think fans of both are cut from the same mold. They have pretty much the same traits and both think they are our rival . unc gets the nod there. UK folks just can't get over Laettner and unc can't get over Coach K. What surprises me is both UK and unc fans can't get along either. I think both think they are entitled for some reason. But it's a honor as a Duke fan that both unc and UK nations hate Duke. Goes to show how successful Coach K and Duke are. OFC

Very accurate and well put man!!

Very accurate and well put man!!

Thanks. It must be as hard to be a Duke fan in Kentucky as it is to be a Duke fan in North Carolina. What gets me is a lot of unc don't even know who plays for the heels. Also they like to point out that there are very few Duke fans that are Duke alumni. They think we are bandwagon fans. I'd say 90 per cent of unc fans aren't unc alumni and they are loaded with bandwagon fans. I know one life long friend that in 1974 he was a NCSU after being an unc fan. Within a couple of after the NCSU won that 1974 title he was a tar heel fan again. The last time I saw him he was a Duke fan. I questioned him about that and he said he finally saw the light. LOL. OFC

Thanks. It must be as hard to be a Duke fan in Kentucky as it is to be a Duke fan in North Carolina. What gets me is a lot of unc don't even know who plays for the heels. Also they like to point out that there are very few Duke fans that are Duke alumni. They think we are bandwagon fans. I'd say 90 per cent of unc fans aren't unc alumni and they are loaded with bandwagon fans. I know one life long friend that in 1974 he was a NCSU after being an unc fan. Within a couple of after the NCSU won that 1974 title he was a tar heel fan again. The last time I saw him he was a Duke fan. I questioned him about that and he said he finally saw the light. LOL. OFC

I think that arguement about having to be an alum to be a true fan is the most stupid thing I have ever heard!! Can I not be a Braves fan since I didn't play for them???

Reactions: skysdad
Sky your analysis of Uk and Unc fans is spot on. Anytime Duke wins it’s because of the refs and the NCAA gave Duke the easiest path hahahaha. That’s why I enjoy calling them the Kentucky Wild Heels and the North Carolina Tar Kittens

Reactions: skysdad
They must have forgotten about Pay Pal Cal, Derrick Rose and the SAT, and Calipari having a couple of Final 4s vacated. Oh yes and Eric Bledsoe.

What makes me laugh is that RR thinks they are the biggest fan base in the world. They prob are the biggest fan base--------- in Kentucky.

I clearly said we were so talented that we even had a top offense while not playing the best offense to get max talent out of everyone. just go back and watch Kansas game. watch when we ran pick and roll with him. that's when he's at his best. people lagged off of him when we threw it into the post. everyone guarded him out to the 3 point line when he had the ball though. you don't give a good passer/driver too much air space because they can build up speed coming at you. going underneath the pick isn't going to prevent him from driving when he wants because no defender is that fast to just cut him off coming around that corner
You have no clue what you’re talking about, or no idea how to say what you mean like me sometimes. Or both :)

Last edited:
All I have to say is go watch film. Watch every big game he had and tell me what type of plays we ran. His big games coincided with dominant performances by our offense
Exactly he was the problem then huh lmao ....blame K all you want coach

He seems like such a weird fit with Kentucky. Not really a prototypical Kentucky big.

You haven’t said nothing to even prove you are nothing but a fan and don’t know. You just say “coach k knows”. Smh. Get your own mind my dude
Exactly I’m nothing but a fan . Lol who are you ? I’m sorry I’m not going to blame a 5 time champion Vs Duval ....Or hell question everybody in the NBA! I’ve gave you plenty that you just fail to comprehend.. you’re basing your argument off of the couple flashes Duval had. Did he get drafted ? Great (decision) to leave .I mean the NBA is ball screen oriented. Players do get drafted on upside?! So what happen ? Porter played like 2 games in college and went like 14 hurt? So what happen to Duval? He played well in high school . Carter took a backseat and didn’t show all his skills and went top 10. Sexton can’t shoot top 10. Lol I’ll tell you what happen he got EXPOSED. His only strength wasn’t that great to begin with. Has a lot to improve . He showed flashes. I'm rooting for him. I’m disappointed he didn’t get drafted. Moving on. End story

Last edited:
He wasn’t until they just updated the rankings.

False. Anthony was the #1 point guard by both Rivals and 247.

"Just in time for spring travel ball, the 2019 Rivals150 has been updated but there’s little change at the top where the top five remains unchanged. Vernon Carey still leads the way in front of James Wiseman, Charles Bassey, Cole Anthony and Matthew Hurt." (April 2018)
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/2019-rivals150-analysts-weigh-in-on-updated-rankings

Cole Anthony has a composite rating of .9989 on 247, while Hagans is rated as .9959

https://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Anthony-86991
https://247sports.com/Player/Ashton-Hagans-93920

Exactly I’m nothing but a fan . Lol who are you ? I’m sorry I’m not going to blame a 5 time champion Vs Duval ....Or hell question everybody in the NBA! I’ve gave you plenty that you just fail to comprehend.. you’re basing your argument off of the couple flashes Duval had. Did he get drafted ? Great (decision) to leave .I mean the NBA is ball screen oriented. Players do get drafted on upside?! So what happen ? Porter played like 2 games in college and went like 14 hurt? So what happen to Duval? He played well in high school . Carter took a backseat and didn’t show all his skills and went top 10. Sexton can’t shoot top 10. Lol I’ll tell you what happen he got EXPOSED. His only strength wasn’t that great to begin with. Has a lot to improve . He showed flashes. I'm rooting for him. I’m disappointed he didn’t get drafted. Moving on. End story

He didn’t picked because all year he had to play to his weakness. Carter doesn’t really have a weakness and Sexton was able to play his style of ball. Tre is no different from Dejontae Murray. But Murray played a system that tailored to him so he could show how good he is at that. Coach K tried to make Tre, Tyus. He’s not Tyus. Coach K doesn’t do well with guards of that nature. Thornton and Duval both didn’t play their style and the system showcased their weaknesses more than anything. Playing pick and roll wouldn’t have held no other player on the roster back because everyone else could play different roles

Seeing as this is a Duke board do we really need a thread on this kid? I would like to see this thread go away. All it does is attract (Kentucky) fans who date their sisters.

Reactions: sgrooms and skysdad
He didn’t picked because all year he had to play to his weakness. Carter doesn’t really have a weakness and Sexton was able to play his style of ball. Tre is no different from Dejontae Murray. But Murray played a system that tailored to him so he could show how good he is at that. Coach K tried to make Tre, Tyus. He’s not Tyus. Coach K doesn’t do well with guards of that nature. Thornton and Duval both didn’t play their style and the system showcased their weaknesses more than anything. Playing pick and roll wouldn’t have held no other player on the roster back because everyone else could play different roles
His weaknesses ? Like everything? Ha. Murray?? Ooohahahahaah....Yea everybody else had the ability to play another dang role! Especially ((((Grayson))))!!! Sexton is just better!!! Ha. Coach K doesn’t do well with bad guards and never will....No1 will!!! Especially when you don’t have anybody else. Its plain and simple he wasn’t good enough to get drafted . He needed another year. If not many. Get it through your head the system wouldn’t have mattered !!! If so he’d been drafted from his high school tape!! right?! Gezzzzz .Regardlesss he chose Duke! Just like he chose to leave early!! Right? Even if what you say is right..which isn’t...it’s not street ball! His so called strength wasn’t great anyway! You can’t orchestrate a team trying to hide ones weaknesses, and relying on his risky poor decision making so called( strengths) to run a team playing PG and win! Especially when he couldn’t make a FT if fouled. Again your basing your argument on the few flashes he showed. He could get to the basket ok! Run any offense? No!...ability in the future maybe... .What are you saying we would have won more if we ran the pick and roll more? Our offense would be better? Duval goes in the first round? Ha I wanna know what you think changes because I see more Ls relying on Duval (our weakest player) . I tell you what go read what the scouts say. Is anybody saying he was held back by the system? .Not a ( fan ) like (((you!))) ..and me.....I haven’t read any...all this is barring the eye situation he got exposed

Last edited:
You do have the ability to make me boil! Hahaha I can’t even think, acting foolish, and got a headache !

Last edited:
I tell you what K held him back...We'll never get another PG. Your right! Everybody is wrong. We win it all with you as the coach. :) Opinions vs Opinions. You blame K the 5 time champ. I’ll blame Duval who chose Duke, played poorly, left early, didn’t play in the combine, possible one eye?, and didn’t get drafted... I’m wrong! moving on please! Need to work on my self control and ignoring ability..... with my gf as well! Haha

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT