ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

The_Only_Blue

Cameron Crazy
Nov 10, 2021

Just saw this on Twitter. Don't know any of the players with except for flips brother 😂🤣

Stojakovich from Stanford, 5 star guard is transferring. Would be a soph.

Had an offer from us, Kentucky, UConn and went to Stanford. Not sure about his decision making ability
And now he’s trying to leave Palo Alto right before their historic move to the Acc. I’m beginning to wonder if he knows wtf is going on

Reactions: pisgah101
If Mitchell were to transfer to Vermont, he would suddenly, literally overnight, learn to put arc on his shot and would become a 3 and D guy who would destroy Duke on Friday. Such is our luck.
Cadeau for the Holes can’t shoot a lick, yet somehow Duke is plagued as the only team in the nation who has a player who can’t hit 3s and the whole offense is trash. Last time I checked most teams have one or two guys who can’t hit 3s I wished Mitchell had made more of a jump yr 1 to 2, but he’s become a scapegoat for Sheyers ineptitude. Hope he gets better, but this year was a flat out disaster

• Haha
Reactions: Tik Tok
If Mitchell were to transfer to Vermont, he would suddenly, literally overnight, learn to put arc on his shot and would become a 3 and D guy who would destroy Duke on Friday. Such is our luck.
Don't doubt it a minute Lift. OFC

Like most of the team; Flip, Roach, Proctor, McCain.....Mitchell was inconsistent throughout the year. I don't get the hatred towards him either. He showed me enough to know that I would welcome him back for another 2 years! We don't beat Wake at home without his effort, and without Flip and Mitchell, NC State would have blown us out last week when all our guards struggled.

I’m not sure hate is the right word when talking about Mitchell. Personally, I’d call it severe frustration.
He's played basketball for years. We all know his shooting form is beyond bad. It's hideous. You'd think an athletic guy that's 6-9 (and goes to Duke) should shoot the ball better than he does, and I'm not just talking about 3's.

And his ball handling is subpar too.

Call me crazy but I think a junior Mitchell is better than every freshman not named Cooper
Maybe Evans. I want him back.

Chris, I too am not in love with the idea of relying on freshman. Give me a lineup of Foster, Proctor/Roach or McCain, Evans, Mitchell and Cooper Flagg, with Maluach, Stewart, Power and Schutt off the bench, and I'll go to war against anyone.

Gotta have some upper classmen.

Reactions: christophero
How in the hell is this portal stuff even allowed before the college basketball season even ends? You have a reserve from state going into the portal and his team is playing this week. How stupid is the NCAA? I think these little brats can be inconvenienced until the national champion is determined.

After last year, I thought as many probably thought that the only part was missing from Mitchell's game last year was his shooting. I thought an extra year he would have improved or at least have a better looking shot. Why can't a shooting coach get him to put some arc on his shot?

How in the hell is this portal stuff even allowed before the college basketball season even ends? You have a reserve from state going into the portal and his team is playing this week. How stupid is the NCAA? I think these little brats can be inconvenienced until the national champion is determined.
Makes no sense. NCAA needs to do something

Reactions: Neue Regel
Ok the following have entered the portal

Bleed- pg
Pisgah- sg
Chris - sf
Hart- Pf enforcer
Mac - C enforcer

Shey- sg ( prefer bench warmer and flagrant foul giver )

😂

I could hit a solid 40% from 3 but I doubt I’m touching the ball LOL

Reactions: christophero
Me too, don’t get all the hate on Mitchell. He improved from Freshman to Sophomore, average 12 and 6. I thought he had a good season and was one of Duke’s most important players. I definitely am hoping for another year from him.
Yes to this. He improved from his freshman year and has been a solid player for Duke all year. A few games he was clearly the best player on the floor. As for the issues with his outside shot, even that improved during the season. I saw that during a 13 game stretch, he hit 57% on his threes which is pretty damn good.

Obviously, the shot looks pretty ugly and he's not your 1st option, but he's shown the last few months he can hit an open three if needed.

I'd love him back as a Junior.

I’m not sure hate is the right word when talking about Mitchell. Personally, I’d call it severe frustration.
He's played basketball for years. We all know his shooting form is beyond bad. It's hideous. You'd think an athletic guy that's 6-9 (and goes to Duke) should shoot the ball better than he does, and I'm not just talking about 3's.

And his ball handling is subpar too.
Agreed. I often wonder what he works on when he goes to the gym.

Reactions: Tik Tok
Chris, I too am not in love with the idea of relying on freshman. Give me a lineup of Foster, Proctor/Roach or McCain, Evans, Mitchell and Cooper Flagg, with Maluach, Stewart, Power and Schutt off the bench, and I'll go to war against anyone.

Gotta have some upper classmen.
Maluach isn’t going anywhere to come off a bench . Like it or not you can count on at least two freshman starters next season maybe even three no matter who returns !

Reactions: jeffrey236
Yes to this. He improved from his freshman year and has been a solid player for Duke all year. A few games he was clearly the best player on the floor. As for the issues with his outside shot, even that improved during the season. I saw that during a 13 game stretch, he hit 57% on his threes which is pretty damn good.

Obviously, the shot looks pretty ugly and he's not your 1st option, but he's shown the last few months he can hit an open three if needed.

I'd love him back as a Junior.
I've asked before...is Mitchell expected to go pro? Because as some have pointed out...hit shot needs a lot of work, and his ball handling...i dont see where he would be successful at the next level.

I've asked before...is Mitchell expected to go pro? Because as some have pointed out...hit shot needs a lot of work, and his ball handling...i dont see where he would be successful at the next level.
No, I assume portal if he's not playing for Duke next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT