ADVERTISEMENT

Three intriguing lineup options for next season

Best case scenario: Roach makes a big jump, as does Moore. Keels is a deadeye shooter and Blakes outperforms his ranking. From what I've seen, and it's early, Roach and Moore have made small improvements, Keels is a work in progress, and Blakes is better than his ranking. Will that be enough? Time will tell. If Keels starts hitting his shot that will really help.

Reactions: sheyduke
True. However if he’s scoring on Roach at will as well we have issues. Blake’s wasnt highly recruited. Roach was a five star with potential. If he can’t get past a freshman Blake( let’s throw out the stars) then Duke has issues at the lead guard spot . But once again it’s simply a scrimmage.
Or Blake just may be an elite defender too. If he can’t get by him in a scrimmage then that tells a lot because normally people take it easy on defense in pickup games. But I just think Blake’s just may be a great defender. He’s really strong too

Blakes is the kind of guy we need. He doesn't back down to anyone. If he is patient, he could have a great career at Duke.

Blakes is the kind of guy we need. He doesn't back down to anyone. If he is patient, he could have a great career at Duke.
And if he outshines Roach he could snatch his minutes. I always preferred a strong defender at the point for Duke. It sets the tone on defense. But these are scrimmage and Blakes could bd pushing Roach to use his full potential. What a good one two punch to have. Let the opposing pg and sg chase Roach on offense then put in a strong defender in Blake’s to wear them down on defense.

Reactions: christophero
I think Blakes will help Roach, both in practice and to sub for him in games. If Blakes can give us positive minutes for 5 minutes a half that will take pressure off of Roach. I imagine his minutes will be less but you never know.

I think Blakes will help Roach, both in practice and to sub for him in games. If Blakes can give us positive minutes for 5 minutes a half that will take pressure off of Roach. I imagine his minutes will be less but you never know.
I think everyone on this years team will step it up. Is it October yet.

Reactions: christophero
Well like I said, a healthy Theo, Blakes stepping up and AJ being a stud (hey I was wrong) greatly improves our outlook this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT